Elite indicators :) - page 403

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

San

If you are referring to usage of "shortName" in iCustom() parameters instead of "divergenceUniqueID" it is not a bug. It is a "dirty trick" : I had to have some means of passing to target time frame 2 things : the divergenceUniqueID and a window name that it is called from (in order to draw lines in a right window). Hence the indicator is sending those 2 pieces of information in a short name (they are separated by ":", and in init section you will see how they get separated in order to have 2 values again (it is this piece of code that will activate itself when in mtf mode :
if (calculateValue)

{

int s = StringFind(divergenceUniqueID,":",0);

shortName = divergenceUniqueID;

divergenceUniqueID = StringSubstr(divergenceUniqueID,0,s);

return(0);

}

But you are also right : if the indicator is called from an EA (so not internally from itself) then that should be as you used it, or, better yet, when called from EA divergences should be disabled (that will be the fastest way)

regards

Mladen

Snowski:
mladen, all those interested,

I found a bug in the RSX TDI indicator, and fixed it.

Nothing really important, but if you want to use the RSX TDI in an EA, the old sequence of variables in the iCustom might cause trouble.

On regular use the differences will be minimal (but noticeable when showing divergences).

Hope some might find this helpful.

Cheers, San.
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Stochastic & confidence bands ...

One more in the "confidence bands" series ...

PS: decided to set the default length to 30 since that is the minimal sample size recommended by more than one source dealing in samples and minimal sample sizes. It can be set to shorter periods but then you probably will need to seek for new parameters altogether

PPS: smoothing used for stochastic smoothing in this indicator is Jurik smoothing so there is no too much purpose in comparing it to "classical" stochastic : any smoothing in "classical" one will lag compared to this one

Hercs
Hercs  

MrTools

ValeoFX:
Hi MrTools,

Just to let you know that the indicator is performing correctly.

Much appreciated.

================

MrTools, I am no longer so sure about the performance of this Divergence format. Please look at the attached picture and comment on it plse. This is the M15 TF on GMT timing.

Thanks in advance.

Hercs
Hercs  

MrTools..

mrtools:
This is using the confidence bands and the alerts and arrrows are when the rsi and signal line cross am not sure but trading the signals has been pretty good considering the recalculating nature of ssa.

===========

Whilst I do understand the importance of the use of the ATR to move the Arrows, Mladen came up with a neat way to move the arrows closer to the candles. Could you possibly do the same for this indicator, please?

I still use the SSA norm end-pointed on my M30 with great results and if this is going to do what it seems its doing, it will be an added value. Presently running it on SnapShot to see whether or not the arrows disappear and will let you know.

Thanking you in advance.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

ValeoFX

If you take a look at those peaks (the exact peaks) they do not match (mathematically) Since computers strictly work on exact values, they will not be able to do what a man does "on the fly" : generalizing. On that you know and I know that those peaks are somewhere on the same area and that, in that case, we (people) can and are using it as same, but for a computer they do no match. And that is why I always thought that divergence is a "mans indicator" and not "computers indicator" sort of speaking

regards

Mladen

Hercs
Hercs  
mladen:
ValeoFX

If you take a look at those peaks *the exact peaks) they do not match (mathematically) Since computers strictly work on exact values, they will not be able to do what a man does "on the fly" : generalizing. On that you know and I know that those peaks are somewhere on the same area and that, in that case, we (people) can and are using it as same, but for a computer they do no match. And that is why I always thought that divergence is a "mans indicator" and not "computers indicator" sort of speaking

regards

Mladen

====================

Many thanks Mladen. Maybe a case where the eye is good enough to see it and react to it.

Best regards.

adeo
adeo  

fuzzy

mladen:
ValeoFX

...computers strictly work on exact values, they will not be able to do what a man does "on the fly" : generalizing. On that you know and I know that those peaks are somewhere on the same area and that, in that case, we (people) can and are using it as same, but for a computer they do no match....

regards

Mladen

that is why we need a fuzzy engine - linguistically driven, not numerically driven

William Snyder
William Snyder  
ValeoFX:
===========

Whilst I do understand the importance of the use of the ATR to move the Arrows, Mladen came up with a neat way to move the arrows closer to the candles. Could you possibly do the same for this indicator, please?

I still use the SSA norm end-pointed on my M30 with great results and if this is going to do what it seems its doing, it will be an added value. Presently running it on SnapShot to see whether or not the arrows disappear and will let you know.

Thanking you in advance.

Hi ValeoFX,

Found the indicator that Mladen, did the arrow displacement as usual a very good way to do this will try and remember to use this from now on. Btw this isn't the end-pointed version.

Camisa,in case you haven't all ready figured it out, check here post 4019 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general. Should have mentioned it when i posted the indicator didn't think about it, Sorry about that!

Hercs
Hercs  

Thank you MrTools

Hi ValeoFX,

Found the indicator that Mladen, did the arrow displacement as usual a very good way to do this will try and remember to use this from now on. Btw this isn't the end-pointed version.

========

Thank you MrTools. Yes, I do appreciate that it is not the "end-pointed" version, but it looks very good. The best for me is that the arrows are not disappearing according to the SnapShot results. Must congratulate you on achieving this feature.

Best regards.

=====================

UPDATE...........

I am sorry to have to report that the arrows are thrown back by 2 candles which is according to the "nature of the beast" unfortunately. I kept the snapshots should you be interested in seeing it for yourself.

But thanks to you and Mladen anyway.

Sincerely.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Headley's acceleration bands ...

Price Headley's acceleration bands

Instead of explaining it in words this time posting a picture that explains everything how one should use the indicator

The original should work with averaging lengths 20 or 80 but I decided to let that be a changeable parameter so one can choose which length to use. On metatrader it looks like this (not the above data, of course ) :