Elite indicators :) - page 410

umeshkathuria
umeshkathuria  

mladen

As usual..Thanks a lot for the prompt reply:)

Umesh

mladen:
Umesh

Here you go

regards

Mladen
clc4x
clc4x  
mladen:
Here you go

regards

Mladen

Thank you so much. Please also have a look of my request on ""Trading the Trend" by Andrew Abraham" to exclude Sundar bar.

William Snyder
William Snyder  

Kind of experiment that seems to work well so far, its a normalized jurik Rbci mtf with alerts, the Rbci was optimized for 1 hour and 4 hour eurusd.

ps) those who downloaded the file here reccommend you download this -1 version the earlier version has a minor bug that may affect the multi coloring and one of these days i will quit forgetting this piece of code. Left the older version up here so the error can be seen .

camisa
camisa  
mrtools:
Kind of experiment that seems to work well so far, its a normalized jurik Rbci mtf with alerts, the Rbci was optimized for 1 hour and 4 hour eurusd.

does it recalculate past bars???

san4x
san4x  
mrtools:

Optimized using Digital Filter Generator?

Thanks, looks great by the way..!

San.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Confidence bands of averages but a bit extended ...

Previous version was using a "simple" inverse cdf of a normal probability distribution for a confidence bands calculation. The obvious good about that manner of calculating is that it is simpler to calculate it than some other ways of finding out confidence (it will be obvious if you take a look at the code needed to calculate all needed in this one). The bad is that it neglects the degree of freedom (some more info about the degree of freedom can be found here : Degrees of freedom (statistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

This version uses different calculation for confidence bands (Student's T) which takes into account the degree of freedom of the average too. Some more information about Student's T and how it can be used for confidence bands calculation can be found here : Student's t-distribution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Regarding degree of freedom one assumption is made even though it is not always the truth : it is set to length-1. For example linear regression should be length-2, but I let it here as is since linear regression is yet another cookie that will be dealt with separately since the "2" in the degree of freedom gives us more opportunities to examine (and study) more and more precisely

If this one is compared to the previous than it will be wider for shorter periods and it will be narrower for longer periods unlike the previous version which kept the "width" linearly. It is natural to have the "adaptive way" *depending on length) since the longer the sample is the more confidence we can have that it is OK (remember that here we are talking about confidence bands of averages). Other than that, indicator behaves similarly as the one before (with mtf already in it) Again it seems that shifting confidence bands can give us signals (especially with a bit lower (but not too low) percentage for confidence bands - 75% on lower 30 period NonLag MA example)

PS: made some changes in code (it affects bands with confidence levels less than 50%). Please re-download the indicator if you do not have the latest version

William Snyder
William Snyder  
camisa:
does it recalculate past bars???

Hi Camsa,

No recalculating on closed bar.

William Snyder
William Snyder  
Snowski:
Optimized using Digital Filter Generator?

Thanks, looks great by the way..!

San.

Hi San,

Yes used the digital generator using Alpari on mainly 4 hour data!

umeshkathuria
umeshkathuria  

Mlade, Need your Help

Hi Mladen,

I'm trying to make this EA using this indicator, It is an M1 trend scalper which trades in the direction of the stochastic on higher time frame and takes trades on the cross over of stochastic on the current time frame.

As you can check in the attached image, the EA is trading only once during a trend on the higher time frame and takes the next trade only when the trend on the higher time frame changes whereas the EA should trade on every cross over on current time frame which is aligned with the trend on higher time frame (White circles)

Request you to kindly fix this EA/indicator or suggest me some alternative indicator to incorporate in such an EA.

Thanks,

Umesh

PS) Sorry for typo in your name in the subject, not able to edit that now

(happens with me after two bottles of beer;))

Files:
ea_trades.jpg 100 kb
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

:)

Umesh,

Don't worry about the name. Start worrying if it doesn't happen after 2 bottles of beer

Anyway here is what I cocked up. First of all to explain how does it work. If the time frame is set to current chart time frame it works as before. If you set the time frame to some higher time frame it starts to work as you asked for. In that case it looks for 2 time frame trend matches and whenever they match, a corresponding bar is drawn.

Here is an example with 1 minute and 5 minute indicator up and the signals given by this indicator when its time frame parameter is set to 5 minutes (so it does not work as a classical multi time frame then, but it is combining trends from 2 time frames for entry signals)

PS: turned the interpolation of the higher time frame one off in order to show clear signals when they exactly happen. In run-time, since it is a multi time frame, it might happen that you miss a first signal (when a higher time frame turns trend, since then it will show a signal bar backwards (it is a consequence of multi time frames aligning) , all the other times it will show signal bars timely)

regards

Mladen

umeshkathuria:
Hi Mladen,

I'm trying to make this EA using this indicator, It is an M1 trend scalper which trades in the direction of the stochastic on higher time frame and takes trades on the cross over of stochastic on the current time frame.

As you can check in the attached image, the EA is trading only once during a trend on the higher time frame and takes the next trade only when the trend on the higher time frame changes whereas the EA should trade on every cross over on current time frame which is aligned with the trend on higher time frame (White circles)

Request you to kindly fix this EA/indicator or suggest me some alternative indicator to incorporate in such an EA.

Thanks,

Umesh

PS) Sorry for typo in your name in the subject, not able to edit that now

(happens with me after two bottles of beer;))
Files: