Elite indicators :) - page 324

Ok, thanks mladen.

Best regars,

Rsx ma nrp

Mladen, thanks for developing the indicator , As you suggest it doesn't do what I thought it might, now consigned to the "good idea but " bin

regards

Peter

mladen:
Peter

Here you go

The differences are not going to be "dramatical" since the main factor in calculation of this indicator is the slope of an ema moving average (slope as in difference in points of 2 consecutive values of ema) but, in some cases, it seems to be filtering out some false signals when compared to regular rsi version
regards Mladen

watchdog:
mrtools, Don't know why it's not giving an alert box or a sound alert. I left everything like you sent it and tried it out on both M1 and M5. I got nothing.

Sorry Watchdog found another error usually when i reference a function usually don't worry about it being in the "for" loop, this setTrends(i,r); was referencing the alert function and had it out of the loop, in the non multitimeframe, so my guess is the alerts were working in multitimeframe (which was how i tested it) and not working otherwise, hopefully the alerts are working correctly now!

Files:

Peter

Don't give up yet

Frankly, I haven't been checking that code. When I was asked to make a modification of the original version (the rsi ma) to make it non-repainting one, I took the code for granted and just took the way it was calculated in the original, applied it and then we got what we got.

Today I checked the code, and the code itself has a couple of flaws. The major flaw is that it is asymmetric : the way it was originally done, it "prefers" down values to some extent, and because of that I would not recommend the usage of the original one. The other flaw is that it overreacts too much and some intermediate values are lost that way

So here is a version that I chopped a bit.

The asymmetricity is avoided and you can control the sensitivity of the over/under reacting. Sensitivity value 1 means that there are no changes in the rsx value (except for the "where" they are) and any other sensitivity adds (if sensitivity is > 1) or subtracts (if sensitivity is < 1) from values.

Here is a comparison of regular rsx and this version with sensitivity set to 1
And here is a comparison of one with sensitivity set to 1, and the other with sensitivity set to 2 (as you can see, you can control the "overreacting" of the indicator with it)
Or another example with Sensitivity set to 1.5 and period set to 25

PS: did not change the name of it (for reasons stated above I think that the old one should not be used). If someone wants the old version too, that save them under different names to preserve the old version too

regards

Mladen

peterke:
Mladen, thanks for developing the indicator , As you suggest it doesn't do what I thought it might, now consigned to the "good idea but " bin

regards

Peter
Files:

mrtools:
Sorry Watchdog found another error usually when i reference a function usually don't worry about it being in the "for" loop, this setTrends(i,r); was referencing the alert function and had it out of the loop, in the non multitimeframe, so my guess is the alerts were working in multitimeframe (which was how i tested it) and not working otherwise, hopefully the alerts are working correctly now!

mrtools,

Thank you for your patience. It's working perfectly.

Can you help with one other thing because staring at charts is hard on the eyes. In the upper left corner of the indicator window reads the following:

M15 %R (14) -57.3109

I like following the values but seeing them is not the easiest. Could there be a value underneath that line that has a much larger font for the changing value to stand out and be seen easily. (Only enlarging the underneath value).

M15 %R (14) -57.3109

Again thank you for your assistance. It is most appreciated.

watchdog

Mladen,

Thank you for fixing the PrCh indicator, its working great. May I ask for another favor? Could you add a trend buffer and your alarm Pkg to this indicator which you presented to us early on??

Thank you

Ray

Files:

I have not seen any email alerts made for this indicator yet. i would like to have an alert when one currency crosses another on candle close. is it possible to only set an alert for the 2 currencies for the chart it's on only?

thanks in advance!

Files:
ccfp.mq4  18 kb

Ray

Here you go

regards

Mladen

traderduke:
Mladen,

Thank you for fixing the PrCh indicator, its working great. May I ask for another favor? Could you add a trend buffer and your alarm Pkg to this indicator which you presented to us early on??

Thank you

Ray
Files:
Reason: