Random Walk Index? - page 4

The problem in it is the atr calculation : it is calculated over and over for lengths from 2 to desired length and that makes it so slow for longer periods. This one does the same job in a more efficient way and even if it does not use a built in atr it is much faster simply because the different steps of atr are calculated differently avoiding loops repetition in atr calculation. For an even faster calculation, dll should be written but even in an mql form this one works fairly well for reasonable lengths of calculation

Here is an example of a 250 random walk index : not so random after all when it comes to longer periods

random_walk_index.mq4

angrysky:
This thread looks dead but if anyone ever sees this and feels like it I think the RWI from earlier in the thread has some potential-

could it be made into 4 color candles with selectable periods AND level activation line- crossing signals under the line are the subsignals.

They could even have another indie like RSI to activate the signals instead of the line- just a thought.

I couldn't figure out how to move the line. Is it an ATR %?

It was easy to make it so you can select different periods BUT I think if you pick too high a period it will crash your platform- maybe my old laptop computer is not powerful enough and it just lagged- not sure, 55 worked , 144 I froze out.

rwi.mq4
Files:

Thank you- a ea concept, any takers?

mladen:
The problem in it is the atr calculation : it is calculated over and over for lengths from 2 to desired length and that makes it so slow for longer periods. This one does the same job in a more efficient way and even if it does not use a built in atr it is much faster simply because the different steps of atr are calculated differently avoiding loops repetition in atr calculation. For an even faster calculation, dll should be written but even in an mql form this one works fairly well for reasonable lengths of calculation

Here is an example of a 250 random walk index : not so random after all when it comes to longer periods

random_walk_index.mq4

Possibly this could be even cooler- can we smooth the signals somehow, would t3 be good?

Check out how it interacts with this indie- that looks interesting to me at least. Trigger line is the thick yellow not the 1 level.

An EA would need 4 to 1 risk reward and when the RWI signals then trigger entries based on say extreme rsi and the t3ma

(there is probably a logic to the rsi ob/os but I think either is fine to trigger trades with the other signals)-

tp/stops based on atr% not signals.- iATRinSLTP indie is set up with preferred levels for tp and stops but I cant get level 3 to show up and I think a 3 order system might be good- hoping the tp/trailing atr% stop here might be sufficient but a much tighter system could be good and just take 5,10 and 15 pips with 5 point stops- layer the entries in that case so that it triggers the second order only after the first 5 pips are taken and a 3rd order when the second order sl is brought to breakeven after getting to 5 pips- we might be feeding brokers but if we make consistent pips I don't care and they will love us lol..

I don't know about the rest of the guys but I am broke and if it makes anyone rich I would gladly accept donations.

Does this seem feasable?

A pic of the tpl

Here are 2 versions (I was not quite sure what exactly did you refer to)

One is with random walk values smoothed by T3. The other has an addition of a T3 signal line, but that signal line is calculated in a rather specific way : instead of using one value for calculating signal line, it uses the greater value of the 2 random walk values. That way the "signal" line can be treated as a kind of a new "zero line". In this version values can be smoothed too. In both cases (signal and / or values) if the T3 period is set to <= 1, there is no T3 smoothing - calculation done on that part and in that case original values are kept)

angrysky:
Possibly this could be even cooler- can we smooth the signals somehow, would t3 be good?

Check out how it interacts with this indie- that looks interesting to me at least. Trigger line is the thick yellow not the 1 level.

An EA would need 4 to 1 risk reward and when the RWI signals then trigger entries based on say extreme rsi and the t3ma

(there is probably a logic to the rsi ob/os but I think either is fine to trigger trades with the other signals)-

tp/stops based on atr% not signals.- iATRinSLTP indie is set up with preferred levels for tp and stops but I cant get level 3 to show up and I think a 3 order system might be good- hoping the tp/trailing atr% stop here might be sufficient but a much tighter system could be good and just take 5,10 and 15 pips with 5 point stops- layer the entries in that case so that it triggers the second order only after the first 5 pips are taken and a 3rd order when the second order sl is brought to breakeven after getting to 5 pips- we might be feeding brokers but if we make consistent pips I don't care and they will love us lol..

I don't know about the rest of the guys but I am broke and if it makes anyone rich I would gladly accept donations.

I feel nervous about sharing this

I think this is too much for people to know about- it just seems like it could be unbalancing somehow- maybe I am wrong, any thoughts? i.e. Should I delete this and post something innocuous?

The lines are drawn from my set up with the atrcandle%/RWI and the bottom indie is the RWI with T3 signal- I feel I haven't really scratched the surface of this combo and it conveys much information.

nice turns picture's, string any more (Force_Index)...

Files:
15966.gif  59 kb
173566.gif  96 kb

I get a invalid /corrupted zip message- I have had that problem with every zipped file on this site for some time now.

angrysky:
I get a invalid /corrupted zip message- I have had that problem with every zipped file on this site for some time now.

Hi Angrysky,

I just tried it and it works fine, just an idea, maybe try downloading a fresh winrar application, maybe this will help.

Yeah winrar got it

Thanks, that is very helpful.

1440 on a 1 min- thanks- you guys are great.

Files:

A toy to play with long periods of random walk index. Dll (from the ziped file) should be placed in libraries folder. The rest is standard

random_walk_index_-_t3_signal_-_dll.mq4

random_walk_index_-_t3_smoothed_-_dll.mq4

random_walk_index.zip

PS: updated the dll with even faster square root calculation ( source for square root calculation found here : Best Square Root Method - Algorithm - Function (Precision VS Speed) - CodeProject® )

Reason: