Elite indicators :) - page 331

traderduke
traderduke  

Price Channel

Mrtools or Mladen

This PriceChannel Indicator repaints, can you help?

Ray

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

altoronto

It should not repaint. I suppose that you are not using mtf mode (some other time frame than the current) since multi tame frame changes are not considered repainting (interpolated or not interpolated, multi time frame has to update all the current chart bars belonging to the target time frame changed bars)

regards

Mladen

altoronto:
Mladen, I noticed that all TDI incators repaints, so as I know you as gentleman and a scholar I would like to hear your opinion about it. Is it fixable (repainting) or is it recalculation involved in TDI? Thank you in advance.
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Ray

This should do it. As far as I see from the code, it was repainting when once a signal was placed on chart and then due to price change it should be cleaned up. In those cases it was left on chart and when you changed time frame or symbol and got back it showed as it should in the first place

Try it out, but I think that it should be OK now

regards

Mladen

traderduke:
Mrtools or Mladen

This PriceChannel Indicator repaints, can you help?

Ray
Files:
altoronto
altoronto  
mladen:
altoronto

It should not repaint. I suppose that you are not using mtf mode (some other time frame than the current) since multi tame frame changes are not considered repainting (interpolated or not interpolated, multi time frame has to update all the current chart bars belonging to the target time frame changed bars)

regards

Mladen

Nope, it's set on current time frame, no MTF involved.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Than, can you please post an example as of where and how it repainted (and what settings were used in those cases)?

regards

Mladen

altoronto:
Nope, it's set on current time frame, no MTF involved.
altoronto
altoronto  

Mladen, please find attached screenshot of EUR/USD 30pip renko chart. Vertical line represent where cross was last night. TDI settings, 4-0-2-7.

As always, thank you in advance.

Files:
mladen.jpg 239 kb
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

altoronto

I did not test it with renko chart(s) and I am not familiar with the renko chart you are using (and from the picture posted I do not see if you are using custom (offline) chart or those are objects drawn on a chart). Tested it on metatrader regular charts and it works OK (in back-test as well as in forward tests). Also, when placing objects on a renko chart, since objects are anchored to time, I suppose you can get unexpected results (renko charts do no manage time as usual charts, and depending on renko implementation, it depends how they work. If the renko is generated as set of objects and not as a custom time frame than it is not and can not be used for comparison since renko will draw objects on bars that it finds convenient, not at fixed time points. If it is generating custom time frame data which is then used as offline chart than if there is problem, I suggest to checks the renko data generating code)

So to conclude, from all my tests, TDI does not repaint on regular charts.

regards

Mladen

altoronto:
Mladen, please find attached screenshot of EUR/USD 30pip renko chart. Vertical line represent where cross was last night. TDI settings, 4-0-2-7. As always, thank you in advance.
altoronto
altoronto  
mladen:
altoronto

I did not test it with renko chart(s) and I am not familiar with the renko chart you are using (and from the picture posted I do not see if you are using custom (offline) chart or those are objects drawn on a chart). Tested it on metatrader regular charts and it works OK (in back-test as well as in forward tests). Also, when placing objects on a renko chart, since objects are anchored to time, I suppose you can get unexpected results (renko charts do no manage time as usual charts, and depending on renko implementation, it depends how they work. If the renko is generated as set of objects and not as a custom time frame than it is not and can not be used for comparison since renko will draw objects on bars that it finds convenient, not at fixed time points. If it is generating custom time frame data which is then used as offline chart than if there is problem, I suggest to checks the renko data generating code)

So to conclude, from all my tests, TDI does not repaint on regular charts.

regards

Mladen

It's placed on offline charts .. yeah I thought that too ... I'll check with other renko experts.

Thank you.

Superjakeny
Superjakeny  

Correlation Indicator

So I was reading an article about how the price of Gold in the past was always 50 times that of silver (today its like 42 or somthing).It got me thiking If there was an indcator that could do this math for you and take a guess as to which is weak or which is rising somthing like

find the daily average (or average of so many bars back) of a pair then divide it by the average of another pair Show all this information on the chart

XAGUSD daily average XAUUSD Daily Average DA/DA= magic number1

XAGUSD Current price XAUUSD Current Price CP/CP= Magic number2

Show spread between the MN's

My thought is that on some pairs that correlate better then others you might be able to spot a trend as its happening when you copmpare several numbers

Give me some feedback It might be an awful idea if it is let me know also my formula is probably incorrect so feel free to fix it

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

altoronto

A suggestion of a couple of things you have to check :
- check the times of the bars generated and do they change

- check if the code generates over and over new renko bars when started

- and check one thing that is a bug of metatrader that is not so widely known. Will describe it a bit since it must be described :
I noticed it when testing tick charts (code generating tick data as offline chart). It all works OK as long as the number of bars generated is less than "max bars on chart" value. But once that the number of bars generated for offline chart exceeeds that value, it starts to behave crazy - it does not update indicators (any of the indicators, built in or custom) even though the bars are updated and then all of a sudden, without some apparent cause, it updates them causing repaint since it updates all the bars left out of normal update - visually it looks like you shift the whole indicator to the left a couple of bars in one moment (I was not able to tell that it will update after bars-max bars, for example, since there is no such rule). It happens as long as that number of bars is greater than the max bars per chart

And now even stranger part of that bug :it very often happens during the weekend (when I ran into it I though I was going crazy, checked the code 1000 times till I found out that it has nothing to do with the code : at first I though that it has to do something with the "no connection" status, but it turned out that it is not so. For some reason only metatrader people know, the chart itself (yes, the chart, as an object or a process, but the chart itself is in question) is reverting bar numbers in the offline charts to less bars than it was before you open the chart. For example : you have 1000 bars, and you open the offline chart on weekend, it will cut the number of bars to 998 and then you will generate 2-3 bars more and it will allow it and then you open it again and then it cuts the number of bars to some number it "decides" using some logic known only to itself again.

Offline chart were never a stronger mart of metatrader (and as far as I see will never be, since there are no offline chart at all in metatrader 5, which tells me that they know about the problem and that they are (were) unable to solve those issues, so you might be a simple victim of metatrader un-confessed bug

regards

Mladen

altoronto:
It's placed on offline charts .. yeah I thought that too ... I'll check with other renko experts. Thank you.