Hi mladen,

I keep getting this error message:

Do you mind fix it?

Thanks!

Follow-up on ZeroLag-MACD

mladen:
ValeoFX

Here you go

Types of alerts and arrows are controlled by AlertArrowsOnparameter. Depending on its value there are 3 kinds of alerts/arrows :
0 - when macd and signal line cross (which is equivalent to osma crosses of zero line)

1 - when macd crosses zero line

2- when signal line crosses zero line

regards Mladen

====================

Good morning Mladen

Just a quick follow-up on the ZeroLag-MACD to inform you that a setting of 8,15,8 seems to be very accurate in most TFs.

Thanks again for your expertise that you are so willing to share with us all. Without it, I personally would not have survived as I am still an "indicator addict"

Best wishes.

This one is a continuation of things I have been doing lately ...

By rough definition Henderson's filter is :
Henderson moving averages are filters which were derived by Robert Henderson in 1916 for use in actuarial applications. They are trend filters, commonly used in time series analysis to smooth seasonally adjusted estimates in order to generate a trend estimate. They are used in preference to simpler moving averages because they can reproduce polynomials of up to degree 3, thereby capturing trend turning points.
By it's nature, it is centered weighted moving average with a quirk in a calculation : they are strictly symmetrical (the Henderson's filter itself) and is undefined in end points. What that means is that it has to have equal number of known points on both sides of the calculated point in order to have a meaningful value. If it is applied without modifications to end points too then you are going to get something like this :
Solutions for that problem are numerous : extrapolating necessary point to future and then calculating the filter, Musgrave method, minimization of the Mean Square Revision method, ... and so on. I decided to make an experiment and to use another way to do that, and here is the result of it

Now, a word of warning : this is a filter, and please do not try to use it as moving averages are used, This one should mainly be used as an estimate of trend, it should not be used in any kind of "signaling mode" (remember that this is a centered moving average, which means that last half length bars are a subject of change) But in order to not let people write it off too quickly I am attaching a document which is explaining in much more details this filter and some applications of it (and one usage not mentioned in the document is in x11 and x12 arima - some more info here : X-12-ARIMA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - at that link you have sub-links to arima itself too)

Of indicator itself : even though in literature lengths most often mentioned (and used) are 5,7,9,13 and 23 (with a set of weighted coefficients published for those lengths) , I decided to make it "user dependent" - you can choose any length. Indicator will adjust even lengths to odd ones (for example length 20 will become length 21) since it is a basic requirement of Henderson's filter to be calculated at all, but other than that, there are no other limits. Minimal length is 3, but when weights for length 3 are revived than one can see that it is the same as length 1 (no smoothing case) so the practical minimal length (when smoothing actually do happen) is 5. Here is an example of length 101 as an estimate of EURUSD trend
Files:
hen_-_1.gif  30 kb
hen_-_2.gif  28 kb
hen_-_3.gif  21 kb
henderson.pdf  187 kb

Henderson's filter multicolor

Dear Mladen,

can You add multicolor and alarm to this indicator?

best regards

bbjurek

Hi Mladen,

I had requested some change (update) in Multi Lsma - #3267 (permalink).

It was just a thought to reduce no. of arrows and adjust as per the different TFs and Currency pairs.

Is it possible? Am I correct in my explanation? Or doesn't it make any sense? Or am I asking for too much?

Any way, whatever you have done so far was great, amazing and extraordinary. And believe me the kind of satisfaction and relief you have given me is beyond words. All indicators I use are developed by you.

And last time I forgot to thank Mr tools as he was the one who guided me for the elite section when I was hunting for indicators in free section. Thank you very much Mr Tools. Also thanks to New Digital for the regular updates.

God bless you all.

Kind Regards,

Jho

mladen:
bbjurek

Here is a multi color and multi time frame version. I really would prefer not to add alerts to it (for things I stated in the original post - the "do not use it in signaling mode" part) In this one you can turn the multi color of and on and multi time frame works as usual.

Here is the same example from above but in multi time frame and multi color mode

regards Mladen

Thank You

Mladen

Jho

That indicator operates strictly on a slope (so when the slope is up it is adding 1 when it is down it is adding -1) I am not sure how can a pips difference condition be implemented in calculating an overall trend regrading the basic slope conditions used for calculation. Made it one way (with range parameter as a maximum difference of 5 LSMAs (difference of the 2 that are separated most), but also with one more parameter added : the PipRangeOutsideparameter. If it is set to true, then the range must be grater than the specified range in order to show the arrow, else the range must be less than the specified range.)

If range (PipRangeForArrowsparameter) is set to 0 then it works as before

Try it out. I am still not sure if that is what you wanted. Here is an example of a 1 hour multi lsma with ranges less than 25 pips and, as you can see, some arrows are omitted now :
Mladen
jho:
Hi Mladen,

I had requested some change (update) in Multi Lsma - #3267 (permalink).

It was just a thought to reduce no. of arrows and adjust as per the different TFs and Currency pairs.

Is it possible? Am I correct in my explanation? Or doesn't it make any sense? Or am I asking for too much?

Any way, whatever you have done so far was great, amazing and extraordinary. And believe me the kind of satisfaction and relief you have given me is beyond words. All indicators I use are developed by you.

And last time I forgot to thank Mr tools as he was the one who guided me for the elite section when I was hunting for indicators in free section. Thank you very much Mr Tools. Also thanks to New Digital for the regular updates.

God bless you all.

Kind Regards,

Jho
Files:

Hi mladen

Could you make a separate window bar of the" Henderson' filter "indicator

thanks in advance.

mktsagli

Here you go A comparison to the regular one (on chart) of the histogram version (these 2 are 1 hour indicators on a 30 minute charts - and again, last half filter size bars of the target time frame are a subject of change (since the underlying Henderson's indicator is a centered indicator and it must be calculated that way))
regards

Mladen

mktsagli:
Could you make a separate window bar of the" Henderson' filter "indicator thanks in advance.

spotforex:
Hi mladen,

I was wondering if an RSX-based TDI would provide better/smoother/more timely signals compared to your current TDI smoothed indicator. If you believe that there could be some benefit, would you please make the appropriate substitution at your convenience.

As always, thank you

-spotforex
mladen:
spotforex

I like the idea

And in order to cover all bases, here it is in 2 flavors : the regular smoothed (built in metatrader moving average used for internal smoothing that is done in indicator calculation) and a Jurik smoothed used instead.

regards

Mladen

Very nice idea spotforex and thanks mladen for the work. Excellent

Cheers, San.

Reason: