Elite indicators :) - page 323

altoronto,

I concur on the repaint as I also use Renko, not sure what the fix is if any. Ran it on 3 pip bricks and saw it repaint a few times.

Ray

altoronto

A suggestion of a couple of things you have to check :
- check the times of the bars generated and do they change

- check if the code generates over and over new renko bars when started

- and check one thing that is a bug of metatrader that is not so widely known. Will describe it a bit since it must be described :
I noticed it when testing tick charts (code generating tick data as offline chart). It all works OK as long as the number of bars generated is less than "max bars on chart" value. But once that the number of bars generated for offline chart exceeeds that value, it starts to behave crazy - it does not update indicators (any of the indicators, built in or custom) even though the bars are updated and then all of a sudden, without some apparent cause, it updates them causing repaint since it updates all the bars left out of normal update - visually it looks like you shift the whole indicator to the left a couple of bars in one moment (I was not able to tell that it will update after bars-max bars, for example, since there is no such rule). It happens as long as that number of bars is greater than the max bars per chart

And now even stranger part of that bug :it very often happens during the weekend (when I ran into it I though I was going crazy, checked the code 1000 times till I found out that it has nothing to do with the code : at first I though that it has to do something with the "no connection" status, but it turned out that it is not so. For some reason only metatrader people know, the chart itself (yes, the chart, as an object or a process, but the chart itself is in question) is reverting bar numbers in the offline charts to less bars than it was before you open the chart. For example : you have 1000 bars, and you open the offline chart on weekend, it will cut the number of bars to 998 and then you will generate 2-3 bars more and it will allow it and then you open it again and then it cuts the number of bars to some number it "decides" using some logic known only to itself again.

Offline chart were never a stronger mart of metatrader (and as far as I see will never be, since there are no offline chart at all in metatrader 5, which tells me that they know about the problem and that they are (were) unable to solve those issues, so you might be a simple victim of metatrader un-confessed bug

regards

Mladen

altoronto:
It's placed on offline charts .. yeah I thought that too ... I'll check with other renko experts. Thank you.

wpr

mrtools:
Think i got it, only thing now it will alert letting you know if its crossing the buyline1(set it at -90) from above or below, it will do this on all 5 crosses, by default have them set at -90,-70,50,-30,and -10, if that's to much will see if i can lighten it a bit.

mrtools,

Since you made those each true and false I believe I can use it the way I want. I'll work with it and see. Thanks again.

watchdog

edit

metools,

I thought it was OK but I'm not getting any alerts now at all and while you are looking at it, there is not a need for the -50 cross as for as I'm concerned. It's the other crosses that I'm interested in (-90, -70 etc.).

watchdog

watchdog:
mrtools,

Since you made those each true and false I believe I can use it the way I want. I'll work with it and see. Thanks again.

watchdog

edit

metools,

I thought it was OK but I'm not getting any alerts now at all and while you are looking at it, there is not a need for the -50 cross as for as I'm concerned. It's the other crosses that I'm interested in (-90, -70 etc.).

watchdog

Watchdog,

They are working now, had some things in the wrong places, but getting plenty of alerts now Btw removed the fifty line alert.

Files:

mrtools:
Watchdog, They are working now, had some things in the wrong places, but getting plenty of alerts now Btw removed the fifty line alert.

mrtools,

Don't know why it's not giving an alert box or a sound alert. I left everything like you sent it and tried it out on both M1 and M5. I got nothing.

A good trend indi

Hi mladen,

I am looking for a good trend indicator. Is it possible to tell me, as for you, what would be the best one ? I trade H4 mainly and need something accurate.

I saw Henderson, but it's centered so repainting, so useless....

Thank you very much in advance.

best regards,

I would not agree about the Henderson's moving average judgment.

To help a bit with the how and what, attaching a document that describes Hendeson's moving average (filter) in more extent, but it also describes its usage and systems in which it can be (and is) used

regards

Mladen

Tradefx1:
Hi mladen,

I am looking for a good trend indicator. Is it possible to tell me, as for you, what would be the best one ? I trade H4 mainly and need something accurate.

I saw Henderson, but it's centered so repainting, so useless....

Thank you very much in advance.

best regards,

mladen,

sorry this is way to technical for me...

The thing is that yesterday I put a Henderson on my H4 graph with a D1 Timeframe and a filter size of 5. This configuration seemed to tell me nicely how short term is. This morning it was on blue so I put my EA on long only according to other indicators also (on demo account) and when I came back this afternoon the histogram(it's what i'm using) was on red from this morning. That's why I thought it repaints.I guess it's because of time series...

Maybe I'm using wrong filter size. Do you have any advice regarding this ?

Tradefx1

Sorry, I can not explain it simpler. Unfortunately, for some things, there are no shortcuts. I would just like to remind again what I already told : please, do not use indicators like Henderson's filter in "signaling" mode (slope change, color change, any similar criteria ...)

The only advice that comes to mind is to be patient and learn (it is an advice that can be applied to all of us, including me) - eventually it (the "how can I use this") will come

regards

Mladen

Reason: