Elite indicators :) - page 328

People

I am posting this post just to remind what I told long time ago : I am not going to modify any decompiled code. I am not going to do to others what I would not like the others do to me

So it is nothing personal, but a simple "quid pro quo"

Mladen,

I have this indicator which detects candle changes. If it could display on the chart the count of candle changes i.e.

1-or single candels -39,

2- Candles seris-27,

3-19 etc. it would be very beneficial for Renko EAs. TP amounts

Could you help me out with the programming.

Thanks

Ray

Files:
counter.mq4  7 kb

Ray

I did not understand the post till I read the comment in the code, and thi is the answer to that comment. Yes, there is a better way and no limits at all (depends only on data)

Made only one deviation : let assume that == means continuation of whatever previous count is started (so if previous was greater, lets assume that if the next par of bars values are equal that it means a continuation not a stop, the same for down count) Otherwise it is the same (in logic) as your indicator

Here is one example with those values of 10 already broken on a regular chart. You are probably going to get much bigger values on a renko
regards

Mladen

traderduke:
Mladen,

I have this indicator which detects candle changes. If it could display on the chart the count of candle changes i.e.

1-or single candels -39,

2- Candles seris-27,

3-19 etc. it would be very beneficial for Renko EAs. TP amounts

Could you help me out with the programming.

Thanks

Ray
Files:
counter_1.mq4  2 kb
up_down.gif  23 kb

Mladen

While I was waiting for your answer, all of 45 minutes, 1= 35

2=24

etc.

The file I included is loaded into the expert folder and run as a strategy. This counter which does more of what I was looking for but appears to be inaccurate. It also doesn't total all the candles as a check for accuracy. Can it be combined with the new one or must it be separate/ if it must be separate thats OK the counter which adds up and displays the sequence totals is more important.

I'm trying to see which brick pips sizes re-appear more often to help set the Take profit such as EJ 6pip ;1=30 and more then 2 or more =72

If it can't be combined could you add the total candle count??

Thanks for the prompt attention, was I lucky or is it a slow day?

mladen:
People

I am posting this post just to remind what I told long time ago : I am not going to modify any decompiled code. I am not going to do to others what I would not like the others do to me

So it is nothing personal, but a simple "quid pro quo"

No Probs Mladin

Ray

Judging from the script / EA you posted, here is this indicator

It is doing 2 things : it is checking for rising / falling sequences, and, if required with showOvearAllStatsparameter, it shows you the statistics of rising / falling lengths. The statistics is as expected, since the "sub-lengths" are included in the count too. If you exclude the "sub-lengths" than you get a bit different overall statistics (as you can see from the example, the most frequent in that example are lengths 2 and not lengths 1) You can control if you want the unique lengths count or not with showUniqueLengthsoption. If you want shorter sample for stats use the barsToCountStatsoption (any value greater than 0 means to use that number of bars in count) but be careful with too short samples (for example 300 bars for unique lengths is too short a sample to be representative in my opinion)

regards

Mladen

traderduke:
Mladen

While I was waiting for your answer, all of 45 minutes, 1= 35

2=24

etc.

The file I included is loaded into the expert folder and run as a strategy. This counter which does more of what I was looking for but appears to be inaccurate. It also doesn't total all the candles as a check for accuracy. Can it be combined with the new one or must it be separate/ if it must be separate thats OK the counter which adds up and displays the sequence totals is more important.

I'm trying to see which brick pips sizes re-appear more often to help set the Take profit such as EJ 6pip ;1=30 and more then 2 or more =72

If it can't be combined could you add the total candle count??

Thanks for the prompt attention, was I lucky or is it a slow day?
Files:
counter.gif  21 kb
counter_3.mq4  4 kb

mladen,

I apologize for not being clear on my request. See attached. Example 1 is what I was trying to achieve. As you can see it looks nice but is inaccurate.There are really over 1100 candles but the EA only counts or checked 301.

It is an EA but script, EA or indicator doesn't matter its the accuracy of the count for as far back as I can go that matters. You can check the update going forward by watching the next 3-series change the 3=#.

I think I understand example 2??, let me know?? Can it be displayed as requested above??

reason: when skipping through brick sizes & pairs its much quicker when showed as example #1.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Ray

mladen:
Ray

Judging from the script / EA you posted, here is this indicator

It is doing 2 things : it is checking for rising / falling sequences, and, if required with showOvearAllStatsparameter, it shows you the statistics of rising / falling lengths. The statistics is as expected, since the "sub-lengths" are included in the count too. If you exclude the "sub-lengths" than you get a bit different overall statistics (as you can see from the example, the most frequent in that example are lengths 2 and not lengths 1) You can control if you want the unique lengths count or not with showUniqueLengthsoption. If you want shorter sample for stats use the barsToCountStatsoption (any value greater than 0 means to use that number of bars in count) but be careful with too short samples (for example 300 bars for unique lengths is too short a sample to be representative in my opinion)

regards Mladen
Reason: