Elite indicators :) - page 325

san4x
san4x  

Dear mladen,

Came across this indicator today, it's included in the Wave59 system and called "Modified Lomb Periodogram".

From the website:

Modified Lomb Periodogram. The red oscillator reveals the relationship to the dominant market cycle. Wave59’s proprietary version is intelligent enough to know when it's confused. The green histogram indicates the level of error so you can trade with confidence.

Also see the attached screenshot.

I did some research on the net, and apparently there's metastock code available. Wikipedia describes the Lomb Periodogram here: Least-squares spectral analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you familiar with the Lomb Periodogram algorithm? If so, have you looked at it and drawn any conclusions?

I guess, in short I am asking: is this worthwhile to pursue a bit more? Do we have 'alternatives' for MT4 available?

Cheers, San

Files:
snag-0152.png 210 kb
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

San

I am not familiar with the algorithm of Lomb Periodogram.

From a quick search it seems that there are different indicators out there called that name. Will try to sort out what is what (see the attached pdf as an example - if I understand the statement "Like the periodogram, the Lomb periodogram is not a statistically consistent estimator" correctly, what they are telling that it is, like FFT and SSA, recalculating, especially when reading the next sentence too : "To obtain a spectral estimate that strikes a reasonable tradeoff between bias and variance, one may want to consider power averaging transforms of several, possibly overlapped, windowed segments of the observed signal", which is a rather complicated proposal to do the end pointing, but will see)

regards

Mladen

Snowski:
Dear mladen,

Came across this indicator today, it's included in the Wave59 system and called "Modified Lomb Periodogram".

From the website:

Also see the attached screenshot.

I did some research on the net, and apparently there's metastock code available. Wikipedia describes the Lomb Periodogram here: Least-squares spectral analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you familiar with the Lomb Periodogram algorithm? If so, have you looked at it and drawn any conclusions?

I guess, in short I am asking: is this worthwhile to pursue a bit more? Do we have 'alternatives' for MT4 available?

Cheers, San

Files:
lomb.pdf 381 kb
san4x
san4x  

Hi mladen,

Thanks for the research and the PDF. Will dig in.

Will also setup Wave59 over the next couple of days and test this indie, see if I can discover more about the workings, settings, and how reliable the signals are.

Cheers, San

forexts2
forexts2  

e-mail alert on sidus v3

mladen,

I am working with Sidus v3 (nrp) on 3 time frames for trend following

Would it be possible to add the following alert on Sidus v3:

each e-mail to be sent would give - as a text in the e-mail - the time frame and the exact time (day + hour + min) for which the alert is sent.

thanks,

devinci

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

devinci

Here you go Extended the alerts you made with all the alert possibilities (messages, sound, email, ...) and it shows exatly which chart - time frame has raised the alert now

regards

Mladen

devinci:
mladen,

I am working with Sidus v3 (nrp) on 3 time frames for trend following

Would it be possible to add the following alert on Sidus v3:

each e-mail to be sent would give - as a text in the e-mail - the time frame and the exact time (day + hour + min) for which the alert is sent.

thanks,

devinci
Files:
forexts2
forexts2  

Thanks a lot Mr Mladen

Thanks a lot Mr Mladen for sidus_v.3.01 alerts

Regards

devinci

SIMBA
SIMBA  
CrustallumKvs
CrustallumKvs  

Hi Mladen

Trend Envelopes (Averages) - Histo

www.forex-tsd.com/373367-post2294.html

Choose Symbol

Thanks

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

CrustallumKvs

Here you go Added a choosable symbol. I wish a pleasant weekend to all

regards

Mladen

CrustallumKvs:
Hi Mladen

Trend Envelopes (Averages) - Histo

www.forex-tsd.com/373367-post2294.html

Choose Symbol

Thanks
bebeshel
bebeshel  

Mladen

Same for you, Mladen good weekend and thanks for the work you do every day.