Elite indicators :) - page 327

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

tradepar

If I understand correctly what you explained, it is impossible to show a 15 minute candle on a 30 minute chart (metatrader time resolution prevents it - for example, if you set time to 12:14:59 on a 30 minute chart, metatrader will align the value drawn to 12:00:00, and thus it disables drawing multiple objects in "inter-bar space")

Regarding custom candles : did you check this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general - maybe I did not understand you question right in which case the indicator from the post at that link is working correctly and as far as I am aware it has no unsolved issue(s)

regards

Mladen

tradepar:
Hi mladen,

I am using attched custom candle indicator found on this forum. I f I choose 15 minutes candel time then at 12:00 am ( new day for mt4 chart) , it draws superimposed candle on 30 M1 candles instead of 15 M1 candles.

Could you please fix this?

Thanks,

tradepar
san4x
san4x  
spotforex
spotforex  

TDI with RSX

Hi mladen,

I was wondering if an RSX-based TDI would provide better/smoother/more timely signals compared to your current TDI smoothed indicator. If you believe that there could be some benefit, would you please make the appropriate substitution at your convenience.

As always, thank you

-spotforex

mladen:
mktsagli

Here you go

In this version one more option is added : alertsOnSignalLineCross. If it is set to true, it works as before. If it is set to false, then alerts (and arrows) are raised when the "price" line (the blue line) crosses average (yellow) line. Here is an example how a chart looks in a case when second (average - yellow line crossing) is chosen :
regards Mladen
mktsagli
mktsagli  

great work, MLADEN

THANK YOU

jigneshjhobalia
jigneshjhobalia  
Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

spotforex

I like the idea :):)

And in order to cover all bases, here it is in 2 flavors : the regular smoothed (built in metatrader moving average used for internal smoothing that is done in indicator calculation) and a Jurik smoothed used instead.

Here is the comparison of the 3 : upper is rsx based jurik smoothed, middle is rsx based regular smoothed and the lower is the original TDI itself. As expected, the jurik smoothed is probably the fastest (taking into account that some false alerts are eliminated with the rsx versions), but let us test it more thoroughly

PS: since rsx is already smoothed, RsxPriceLinePeriod parameter can be set to 1 (one) in both versions to get minimal lag

PPS: updated version of TDI RSX compatible with new metatrader 4 posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

regards

Mladen

spotforex:
Hi mladen,

I was wondering if an RSX-based TDI would provide better/smoother/more timely signals compared to your current TDI smoothed indicator. If you believe that there could be some benefit, would you please make the appropriate substitution at your convenience.

As always, thank you

-spotforex
Miko Wibisono
Miko Wibisono  

ZeroLag_MACD error

Hi mladen,

I keep getting this error message:

Do you mind fix it?

Thanks!

mladen:
ValeoFX

Here you go

Types of alerts and arrows are controlled by AlertArrowsOnparameter. Depending on its value there are 3 kinds of alerts/arrows :
0 - when macd and signal line cross (which is equivalent to osma crosses of zero line)

1 - when macd crosses zero line

2- when signal line crosses zero line

regards Mladen
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

mikono

Here you go

regards

Mladen

mikono:
Hi mladen,

I keep getting this error message:

Do you mind fix it?

Thanks!
Hercs
Hercs  

Follow-up on ZeroLag-MACD

mladen:
ValeoFX

Here you go

Types of alerts and arrows are controlled by AlertArrowsOnparameter. Depending on its value there are 3 kinds of alerts/arrows :
0 - when macd and signal line cross (which is equivalent to osma crosses of zero line)

1 - when macd crosses zero line

2- when signal line crosses zero line

regards Mladen

====================

Good morning Mladen

Just a quick follow-up on the ZeroLag-MACD to inform you that a setting of 8,15,8 seems to be very accurate in most TFs.

Thanks again for your expertise that you are so willing to share with us all. Without it, I personally would not have survived as I am still an "indicator addict"

Best wishes.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

This one is a continuation of things I have been doing lately ...

By rough definition Henderson's filter is :
Henderson moving averages are filters which were derived by Robert Henderson in 1916 for use in actuarial applications. They are trend filters, commonly used in time series analysis to smooth seasonally adjusted estimates in order to generate a trend estimate. They are used in preference to simpler moving averages because they can reproduce polynomials of up to degree 3, thereby capturing trend turning points.
By it's nature, it is centered weighted moving average with a quirk in a calculation : they are strictly symmetrical (the Henderson's filter itself) and is undefined in end points. What that means is that it has to have equal number of known points on both sides of the calculated point in order to have a meaningful value. If it is applied without modifications to end points too then you are going to get something like this :
Solutions for that problem are numerous : extrapolating necessary point to future and then calculating the filter, Musgrave method, minimization of the Mean Square Revision method, ... and so on. I decided to make an experiment and to use another way to do that, and here is the result of it

Now, a word of warning : this is a filter, and please do not try to use it as moving averages are used, This one should mainly be used as an estimate of trend, it should not be used in any kind of "signaling mode" (remember that this is a centered moving average, which means that last half length bars are a subject of change) But in order to not let people write it off too quickly I am attaching a document which is explaining in much more details this filter and some applications of it (and one usage not mentioned in the document is in x11 and x12 arima - some more info here : X-12-ARIMA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - at that link you have sub-links to arima itself too)

Of indicator itself : even though in literature lengths most often mentioned (and used) are 5,7,9,13 and 23 (with a set of weighted coefficients published for those lengths) , I decided to make it "user dependent" - you can choose any length. Indicator will adjust even lengths to odd ones (for example length 20 will become length 21) since it is a basic requirement of Henderson's filter to be calculated at all, but other than that, there are no other limits. Minimal length is 3, but when weights for length 3 are revived than one can see that it is the same as length 1 (no smoothing case) so the practical minimal length (when smoothing actually do happen) is 5. Here is an example of length 101 as an estimate of EURUSD trend
Files: