Elite indicators :) - page 329

Ray

The numbers are accurate

It is counting occurrence of sequences. So if you set the showUniqueLengthsto true it will count only sequences (it will ignore sequence 1,2,3 if after 4 comes an opposite move, just as an example) if you set that parameter to false. then ever sub-length is counted (so once 1, once 2, once 3 and once 4 for a "wave" that lasts 4 bars) So, simply set the showUniqueLengths to true and you will not get repeated count of sub-sequences. Take a look at the code and you will see how it counts.

As of the way it is displayed : simply take the stats array (not "Stat" but "stats" - that is a dynamically sized array) and display each element as a part of a comment line (skip element 0 since it contains every occurrence when up or down were 0, so element 0 is worthless, other elements are, as logical, showing occurrence number for specific length : element n is showing number of occurrences for n bars long sequence, and so on...). I did not make a script or an EA since this thread is an "indicators" thread, but in the code you will find all the elements necessary for a "comment like" display from an scrip, EA or indicator

regards

Mladen

mladen,

I wasn't implying that your counts were inaccurate, I meant the EA on the upper left of the chart then I realized it limited the count to 300 ,as you mentioned earlier , DUUU! This EA doesn't run well, it appears to have a mind of its own.

I apparently am not as smart as you think I am. Your code is so deep & direct, I have no idea where to start for the comments.

1. I would like to have it as an indicator but I'm not sure if you can control the days and the time for the run.

2. Would copying some of the "counter 2 EA" comment section help with the conversion??

Help!

Ray

Altoronto

WHOOOW!

Talk about tracking candles. The only question I have is can you control the tracking by day and the time in a indicator as you can in a EA?? I am of course looking for the sweet spot by brick, pair and time.

Thank you and Mladen for your help!

Ray

traderduke:
mladen,

I wasn't implying that your counts were inaccurate, I meant the EA on the upper left of the chart then I realized it limited the count to 300 ,as you mentioned earlier , DUUU! This EA doesn't run well, it appears to have a mind of its own.

I apparently am not as smart as you think I am. Your code is so deep & direct, I have no idea where to start for the comments.

1. I would like to have it as an indicator but I'm not sure if you can control the days and the time for the run.

2. Would copying some of the "counter 2 EA" comment section help with the conversion??

Help!

Ray

Ray, try this indicator. I guess this is what you're looking for.

traderduke:
Altoronto

WHOOOW!

Talk about tracking candles. The only question I have is can you control the tracking by day and the time in a indicator as you can in a EA?? I am of course looking for the sweet spot by brick, pair and time.

Thank you and Mladen for your help!

Ray

Well, maybe Mladen can tweak this indicator if off course he have time for this ..

i wanted to have email alerts put on this elliot wave oscillator but how do the alerts work in the first place? are they just above/below 0 alerts?

hazelj80

Try out this one

Values are the same (see the comparison), but it has some features already solved. Alerts are added too. Just a short "how to" (hope you won't mind) : alerts have to be checked only once (when all the calculation is done) No need to check for alerts in a loop since then you risk multiple alerts and the loop is unnecessarily complicated. Also, alerts in this one are on zero line cross.
regards

Mladen

hazelj80:
i wanted to have email alerts put on this elliot wave oscillator but how do the alerts work in the first place? are they just above/below 0 alerts?

thanks mladen!

what about putting an level alert on this indicator that once the indicator closes above the user inputs level, igoves an alert?t

Files:
juice.mq4  4 kb

Dashboard

Dear Mladen,

Would it be possible to create a dashboard type indicator showing higher highs and lows (and lower highs and lows) across multiple timeframes for a chosen currency. What I mean by this if you are on the 5 min timeframe, the dashboard would show an up arrow on the 15 min if there had been a higher high and higher low, a down arrow if there had been a lower high and lower low, and a sideways arrow if it is mixed. This to be replicated across timeframes up to 4hr, in one indicator.

If we need a base indicator to gauge high and low points the I think non-lag zig zag could be useful - but maybe you have a better suggestion?

Thanks and regards,

Paul.

hazelj80

Here you go You can set up the type of crosses you want it to raise an alert (so you can choose if you want an alert when it crosses up, when it crosses down or both) Did just a slight esthetic change

regards

Mladen

hazelj80:
thanks mladen! what about putting an level alert on this indicator that once the indicator closes above the user inputs level, igoves an alert?t
Files:
Reason: