Elite indicators :) - page 322

mladen:
spotforex

I like the idea :):)

And in order to cover all bases, here it is in 2 flavors : the regular smoothed (built in metatrader moving average used for internal smoothing that is done in indicator calculation) and a Jurik smoothed used instead.

Here is the comparison of the 3 : upper is rsx based jurik smoothed, middle is rsx based regular smoothed and the lower is the original TDI itself. As expected, the jurik smoothed is probably the fastest (taking into account that some false alerts are eliminated with the rsx versions), but let us test it more thoroughly
PS: since rsx is already smoothed, RsxPriceLinePeriod parameter can be set to 1 (one) in both versions to get minimal lag

regards

Mladen

Mladen, I noticed that all TDI incators repaints, so as I know you as gentleman and a scholar I would like to hear your opinion about it. Is it fixable (repainting) or is it recalculation involved in TDI?

Thank you in advance.

Price Channel

Mrtools or Mladen

This PriceChannel Indicator repaints, can you help?

Ray

Files:

altoronto

It should not repaint. I suppose that you are not using mtf mode (some other time frame than the current) since multi tame frame changes are not considered repainting (interpolated or not interpolated, multi time frame has to update all the current chart bars belonging to the target time frame changed bars)

regards

Mladen

altoronto:
Mladen, I noticed that all TDI incators repaints, so as I know you as gentleman and a scholar I would like to hear your opinion about it. Is it fixable (repainting) or is it recalculation involved in TDI? Thank you in advance.

Ray

This should do it. As far as I see from the code, it was repainting when once a signal was placed on chart and then due to price change it should be cleaned up. In those cases it was left on chart and when you changed time frame or symbol and got back it showed as it should in the first place

Try it out, but I think that it should be OK now

regards

Mladen

traderduke:
Mrtools or Mladen

This PriceChannel Indicator repaints, can you help?

Ray
Files:

mladen:
altoronto

It should not repaint. I suppose that you are not using mtf mode (some other time frame than the current) since multi tame frame changes are not considered repainting (interpolated or not interpolated, multi time frame has to update all the current chart bars belonging to the target time frame changed bars)

regards

Mladen

Nope, it's set on current time frame, no MTF involved.

Than, can you please post an example as of where and how it repainted (and what settings were used in those cases)?

regards

Mladen

altoronto:
Nope, it's set on current time frame, no MTF involved.

Mladen, please find attached screenshot of EUR/USD 30pip renko chart. Vertical line represent where cross was last night. TDI settings, 4-0-2-7.

As always, thank you in advance.

Files:
mladen.jpg  239 kb

altoronto

I did not test it with renko chart(s) and I am not familiar with the renko chart you are using (and from the picture posted I do not see if you are using custom (offline) chart or those are objects drawn on a chart). Tested it on metatrader regular charts and it works OK (in back-test as well as in forward tests). Also, when placing objects on a renko chart, since objects are anchored to time, I suppose you can get unexpected results (renko charts do no manage time as usual charts, and depending on renko implementation, it depends how they work. If the renko is generated as set of objects and not as a custom time frame than it is not and can not be used for comparison since renko will draw objects on bars that it finds convenient, not at fixed time points. If it is generating custom time frame data which is then used as offline chart than if there is problem, I suggest to checks the renko data generating code)

So to conclude, from all my tests, TDI does not repaint on regular charts.

regards

Mladen

altoronto:
Mladen, please find attached screenshot of EUR/USD 30pip renko chart. Vertical line represent where cross was last night. TDI settings, 4-0-2-7. As always, thank you in advance.

mladen:
altoronto

I did not test it with renko chart(s) and I am not familiar with the renko chart you are using (and from the picture posted I do not see if you are using custom (offline) chart or those are objects drawn on a chart). Tested it on metatrader regular charts and it works OK (in back-test as well as in forward tests). Also, when placing objects on a renko chart, since objects are anchored to time, I suppose you can get unexpected results (renko charts do no manage time as usual charts, and depending on renko implementation, it depends how they work. If the renko is generated as set of objects and not as a custom time frame than it is not and can not be used for comparison since renko will draw objects on bars that it finds convenient, not at fixed time points. If it is generating custom time frame data which is then used as offline chart than if there is problem, I suggest to checks the renko data generating code)

So to conclude, from all my tests, TDI does not repaint on regular charts.

regards

Mladen

It's placed on offline charts .. yeah I thought that too ... I'll check with other renko experts.

Thank you.

Correlation Indicator

So I was reading an article about how the price of Gold in the past was always 50 times that of silver (today its like 42 or somthing).It got me thiking If there was an indcator that could do this math for you and take a guess as to which is weak or which is rising somthing like

find the daily average (or average of so many bars back) of a pair then divide it by the average of another pair Show all this information on the chart

XAGUSD daily average XAUUSD Daily Average DA/DA= magic number1

XAGUSD Current price XAUUSD Current Price CP/CP= Magic number2

Show spread between the MN's

My thought is that on some pairs that correlate better then others you might be able to spot a trend as its happening when you copmpare several numbers

Give me some feedback It might be an awful idea if it is let me know also my formula is probably incorrect so feel free to fix it

Reason: