Elite indicators :) - page 315

Dear mladen

Is it possible to modifie the ( tdi smoothed indi)

to show arrow and alert only when red line crossing yellow line

thank you.

mktsagli

Here you go In this version one more option is added : alertsOnSignalLineCross. If it is set to true, it works as before. If it is set to false, then alerts (and arrows) are raised when the "price" line (the blue line) crosses average (yellow) line. Here is an example how a chart looks in a case when second (average - yellow line crossing) is chosen :
regards

Mladen

mktsagli:
Is it possible to modifie the ( tdi smoothed indi)

to show arrow and alert only when red line crossing yellow line

thank you.

mladen:
Snow Here you go You can choose to smooth regular or to double smooth (faster) depends on your needs. With short periods of smoothing difference between regular and double are not big, But if you use longer period, double tends to be much "faster". Both smoothing ways are jurik smoothing (of course ) I any case, both smoothing ways are much, much faster then the regular built in moving averages used by the regular version of this indicator
PS: the example is a 1 hour TDI on a 30 minute chart

regards

Mladen

Wow...as expected. You're my hero. But then again, you knew that already.

Thanks mladen, I very much appreciate your work.

San/Snow.

post #3223

mladen,

could you please anwer to the post #3223 ?

Thanks

Yes

It is possible to build an indicator or a script or an EA that recognizes objects on a chart (all it would have to "know" are the names and types of indicators it should "monitor"). But, when it comes to recognizing other indicators values shown / drawn on chart it is not possible. The only way how it is possible is through iCustom() or through calls to internal built in indicators and that means that all the logic must be built in in the code itself

As far as I know there are already some EAs that are working on a principle of recognizing trend lines (the "Trend me, leave me" for example - you can find it at this link https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page3 )

regards

Mladen

Tradefx1:
mladen,

could you please anwer to the post #3223 ?

Thanks

wow what took you so long?

thank you MLADEN,

exactly what i was asking for

best regards

mr tools,

I didn't ask for any code, just an answer : possible or not. But I understand your point of view.

mladen, sorry for being that impatient.

regards,

Tradefx1

No need for apologize

Your question reminded me of one thing that we (people) usually neglect.

Let me explain : in your question there is a part that is saying "when the price comes back near to a moving average ...". Now, as you know, a computer has to quantify everything, and that part would be translated to something like this :
if (previous absolute distance > 1 pip and current absolute distance <= 1 pip do something)
And there we come to the core of the problem :
why 1 pip and not 1.1 or 1.0001 or anything like that (or what to do with JPY crosses, or Mexican peso, ...)

why just previous value and not a lot of values

what to do when it is obvious that the price is "dancing" around that line (obvious to human, of course) - how to quantify that

and so on ...

And all sorts of similar questions. Once I have read a comment that we (human) can make a robot that can build another robot, but we can not make a robot that can tie show laces. The neglecting part in humans is that we do neglect the quantity of our implied knowledge and logic : what seems to be simple and perfectly logical when told in words, is, in some cases, impossible (still) to translate into computer code in an acceptable manner. And as you may have noticed, I did not answer that part of question - I simply think that there is no acceptable solution for that kind of problem. And I do hate to write long explanations

regards

Mladen

Tradefx1:
mr tools,

I didn't ask for any code, just an answer : possible or not. But I understand your point of view.

mladen, sorry for being that impatient.

regards,

!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!

Reason: