Elite indicators :) - page 236

Hi MLADEN

I have one more favor to ask..

could you make it MTF and add a alert when MACD cross zero line

thank you for your time

Files:

Hi Mladen,

I have another one of those questions of which one is right.

I have attached two Donchian Channel Indicators, both give slightly different outputs for the same values. Could you let me know which one is the "most correct".

Thank you in advanced.

Cheers

Codex

Mike

Use this one It is a bit "extended" MACD. Basis of it is the averages indicator and depending on Method parameter it can make a "MACD" of :
0 -> simple moving average

1 -> exponential moving average

2 -> smoothed moving average

3 -> linear weighted moving average

4 -> linear regression value (LSMA)

5 -> triangular moving average

6 -> sine weighted moving average

7 -> volume weighted moving average

8 -> Hull moving average

9 -> NonLag moving average

Lines, alert and multiple time frame done too. Alerts configurable to alert on macd zero line cross or macd-signal line cross. Lines showing, colors and style configurable

PS: changing the way alerts are working on the "fly" caused an error (it affects alerts on mtf mode) If your alert does not work in mtf mode, please re-download the indicator - it has been corrected

regards

Mladen

mike pearce:
I have one more favor to ask..

could you make it MTF and add a alert when MACD cross zero line

thank you for your time

Edit:

Mladen, withdrew my request for now, as I may have found a way to do what I originally requested.

Thank you.

Sorry..

mladen:
ValeoFX

It already works like that when you set the ShowArrowsOn100_0 to false

regards

Mladen

=================

Sorry Mladen. I do apologise. Thank you for replying.

Codex

I was looking for precise definition of Donchian channel but did not find the part that I was interested in so I can not give you a "conclusion".

The thing is that the "version 1" uses only closed values in calculation and "version 2" uses the current value in calculation too. Using the current values is causing the channel to widen as new highest highs and lowest lows are reached on a current bar, while the one that uses just the close bars is never going to change current value. I did not find anywhere if Donchian channel should include or exclude the current bar so, this question stays opened. If someone finds this particular info, it would be nice to know about it. Until then, we have to consider both correct (since the basic calculation is correct in both)

regards

Mladen

Codex:
Hi Mladen,

I have another one of those questions of which one is right.

I have attached two Donchian Channel Indicators, both give slightly different outputs for the same values. Could you let me know which one is the "most correct".

Thank you in advanced.

Cheers

Codex

Thanks Mladen,

I will do some research into this.

Cheers

Codex

Codex

Just one additional thought :

Donchian channel is very frequently used in a "channel breakout" systems. In a system like that (channel breakout), using current bar for highest highs and lowest lows is more or less meaningless since a breakout will never happen (due to immediate adapting to newer highs or lows) so, for a breakout systems, I think that the one that uses just already closed values should be used

regards

Mladen

Codex:
Thanks Mladen,

I will do some research into this.

Cheers

Codex

Thanks Mladen,

Yea that is exactly what I have done.

I've started learning mql, not to hard to pick up, but the biggest issue is knowing the raw understanding of the various forex indicators and their associated algorythms and more particular when and how they are used.

To this I am clueless, hence my questioning as to whether these algorythmically correct

But if you ask me to write you a 3D Engine in AS3 or c# I will do that blindfolded for you :-)

Thanks again for your input.

Cheers

Codex

Thank you mladen

Reason: