10points 3.mq4 - page 29

you should have an account history.. then you can save it.. and either print.. or whatever.. in metatrader 4 platform it's at the bottom of you screen.

mtaboneweb:
This is probably a dumb question but can someone tell me how to view the account statement that people have been attaching to their posts?

just click on it (them)

Thanks

Thanks for the help.

DLMcomp

yeoeleven:
This is so new that I wanted to find out how it performs and I can go back to the previous version whenever.

After a couple of hours trading I will include a screen shot of the action showing the Trade so anyone can see some of the perameters as well as a detailed summary of any History.

John

I have closed off this EA. The recent surge in GBP/USD saw it open additional buy positions without any closing. I returned to find opened positions of over $5000 in that pair. I do not understand when this EA will close in profit it closed after small losses. That is a good result but without the ability to adjust I am flying blind.

John

Files:
dlmcomp2.htm  33 kb

10 Points 3 Dynamic Stops

My results have been good since I started this last night (Sunday) around 9 pm? I am a little concerned about the negative open positions. Is this typical for this EA? Below are my settings:

extern double TakeProfit = 30;

extern double Lots = 0.1;

extern double InitialStop = 0;

extern double TrailingStop = 15;

extern int MaxTrades=6;

extern int Pips=15;

extern int SecureProfit=10;

extern int AccountProtection=1;

extern int OrderstoProtect=3;

extern int ReverseCondition=0;

extern double EURUSDPipValue=10;

extern double GBPUSDPipValue=10;

extern double USDCHFPipValue=10;

extern double USDJPYPipValue=9.715;

extern int StartYear=2005;

extern int StartMonth=1;

extern int EndYear=2006;

extern int EndMonth=12;

extern int EndHour=22;

extern int EndMinute=30;

extern int mm=0;

extern int risk=12;

extern int AccountisNormal=0;

extern int Magic = 10201;

I have also attached a statement. Notice the large dip on the gif attachment.

Fyi

I also thought everyone might be interested to know that I purchased the EuroX2 EA that has been discussed in other threads on this site. Unfortunately or fortunately (depending on how you look at it) I purchased the EA before I read those posts. Apparently you purchase this EA from a phantom on the internet who will never actually talk to you and only shows up occassionally to post ads for their/his/her EAs. I have to admit that I was nervous at first and probably a little even now. It has been doing rather well so far and has had less on the negative open positions so far. You can't really change many parameters for the EuroX2 and from what I understand it runs based on 5% of your account size. I started a 2nd 25K demo last night when I started the "10 Point 3 Dynamic Stops" EA and then added a 3rd demo this morning around 8:30 with 1K to see the lot sizes it would use. I also wanted to get a more realistic picture for what I might expect with my limited funds. This is not a praise for the EA and I don't think anyone should run out and purchase it. I have read several things that make me wonder about it. The results for the 25K/1K accounts are attached.

I should also mention that I am running these on 2 separate installs of MetaTrader, on the EUR/USD pair only, and a 4H TF. The 3rd install is running the "10 Point 3 Dynamic Stop" EA so I can keep them all separate.

Comparison 10points 3Dynamicstoploss

mtaboneweb:
My results have been good since I started this last night (Sunday) around 9 pm? I am a little concerned about the negative open positions. Is this typical for this EA? Below are my settings:

extern double TakeProfit = 30;

extern double Lots = 0.1;

extern double InitialStop = 0;

extern double TrailingStop = 15;

extern int MaxTrades=6;

extern int Pips=15;

extern int SecureProfit=10;

extern int AccountProtection=1;

extern int OrderstoProtect=3;

extern int ReverseCondition=0;

extern double EURUSDPipValue=10;

extern double GBPUSDPipValue=10;

extern double USDCHFPipValue=10;

extern double USDJPYPipValue=9.715;

extern int StartYear=2005;

extern int StartMonth=1;

extern int EndYear=2006;

extern int EndMonth=12;

extern int EndHour=22;

extern int EndMinute=30;

extern int mm=0;

extern int risk=12;

extern int AccountisNormal=0;

extern int Magic = 10201;

I have also attached a statement. Notice the large dip on the gif attachment.

mtaboneweb

The only difference to my preset is that my TP is 25 and initial stop is 1.

I have attached my first day's result below showing a profit of $264 with open positions of -$5.

The main difference is that my EA started off in the opposite direction in both pairs. That is an issue as to why that happened, I can not read the coding so I only generally know that this EA is influenced by MACD but why it operated on my account differently to yours is a mystery to me. I am only using 2 pairs E/U & U/C as per previous posts but that is where our results are mostly different.

The gif dip is easily explained, the rise occurred when a large trade closed and the dip was the subsequent closing of the rest of the trades for that pair.

John

Files:
10points6.htm  14 kb

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I will make some adjustments and see what happens. The GBP/USD and USD/JPY don't work very well with this EA? Also, could you tell me what hours you are running? I started mine on Sunday night around 10pm and have let it run straight thru til now. I was wondering if UK open thru NY close would be a better time to let it run since there is usually more activity although I have noticed the GBP/USD and EUR/USD make some significant moves over the past few weeks at all times of the day. I am in the Eastern time zone (Michigan). Also, did I read that you close trades with loss/profit prior to news or special days/times of the month like payroll announcements, etc and then turn the system back on after?

10points 3 Dynamic stoploss

mtaboneweb:
Thanks for the info. I will make some adjustments and see what happens. The GBP/USD and USD/JPY don't work very well with this EA? Also, could you tell me what hours you are running? I started mine on Sunday night around 10pm and have let it run straight thru til now. I was wondering if UK open thru NY close would be a better time to let it run since there is usually more activity although I have noticed the GBP/USD and EUR/USD make some significant moves over the past few weeks at all times of the day. I am in the Eastern time zone (Michigan). Also, did I read that you close trades with loss/profit prior to news or special days/times of the month like payroll announcements, etc and then turn the system back on after?

G/U & U/J have proved to be more volatile and thus more dangerous for a live account and I am working towards that aim. The safest plan seems to be to start off the EA on E/U & U/C in both the same direction as a hedge.

I start trading at the start of Metatrader's opening and let it run all week normally I will close each pair when profitable during Friday the exception being NFP which usually has great volatility and being announced on Friday doesn't leave much time to get into profitability if the trade goes contrary.

My view on the other news announcements is that there is a 50% chance of being in the right direction plus the inevitable spikes and retracements give the odds in favour of the EA.

John

i little more about mm

i made contact with the author of this ea.. and asked him to share a little more about the mm setting..

here is the response i recieved..

mm means money management, and is used to calculate the initial Lots for the

first order to open.

If mm is equal cero, then the EA will use the value of the Lots parameter for

the first order.

If mm is equal to one, then the first order lots size will be calculated based

on the account balance size.

This value is related with the next 2 parameters:

risk=12

AccountType=1

If you increase risk the lots sice value will increase.

Account type is to indicate if you has a micro/mini or normal account:

AccountType=0 Normal account

AccountType=1 Mini account

AccountType=2 Micro lots account

Regards

Alejandro Galindo

i am hoping that this will enable better control.

Reason: