10points 3.mq4 - page 32

yeoeleven:
InterBankFX and VelocityTrader both allow .01 trades.

Not suggesting that you may need that facility but it is a safer way to start off with less funding.

A bit late after you have deposited funding to find out the broker's perameters do not allow you to trade the way you want to.

John

.. well i had the broker first and testing this came later..

10points 3_dynamic_stop

I have closed off this EA prior to the NFP announcement.

A detailed summary for the week is attached.

Also a gif showing the small directional change needed to close the EA profitably.

John

Files:

10 point 3 w/ dynamic stops

... hrrmm..

well, i see from your statement that it is making pips for you.

for me.. it is eating away at my real account. it for some reason in my live account will not make profitable trades.

like in the last 24 hours it has made 9 trades and only 2 have been profitable. i had to turn if off for NFP.

i still have to check the figures on the demo account but at a glance this is also down.. i dont know what is going on with this thing.. this has been the first week i can remember that this EA has been in the "red". i will post more detailed results over the weekend.

I am going Live next week on Velocity4x with DLMV 1.3 using Micro-Lot's starting at 0.01 Max trade (7) up to 0.64 with orders to protect 4 Secure profit of 15, with EUR & CHF. Realize you can't really make any money this way, but want to see if it matches the Demo to be run at the same time, and see if there is any Funny Stuff going on that I should be aware of, As Velocity4x claims it's exactly the same server for Demo and Live accounts (LOL). Will post a report a few day's into the trading week Demo and Real Account. Aslo will run the USD/JPY pair on PHOENIX EA which is No. 2 in the trading contest at 0.20 Lots, with the presets.

10points 3 dynamic stop

furious_angel:
this is my mini account set up..

extern double TakeProfit = 10;

extern double Lots = 1.0;

extern double InitialStop = 4.0;

extern double TrailingStop = 15;

extern int MaxTrades = 1;

extern int Pips = 5;

extern int SecureProfit=10;

extern int AccountProtection=1;

extern int OrderstoProtect=3;

extern int ReverseCondition=0;

extern double EURUSDPipValue=10;

extern double GBPUSDPipValue=10;

extern double USDCHFPipValue=10;

extern double USDJPYPipValue=9.715;

extern int StartYear=2005;

extern int StartMonth=1;

extern int EndYear=2006;

extern int EndMonth=12;

extern int EndHour=22;

extern int EndMinute=30;

extern int mm=0;

extern int risk=12;

extern int AccountisNormal=0;

extern int Magic = 10201;

for my mini accout i had decided to severly reduce the multi lot powers to nothing, i still like the intent that this system uses to make trades and as the account equity accumulates i will increase the max lots size according. i felt that having this ea opening up more than one trade at a time was .. crazy for the account size that i have. also my broker does not offer micro sized lots. so the .01 lots size does not work for me.

at this point, for my accounts health. i truely want this thing to go in and grab 10 pips and close. rinse and repeat.

May I make a comment on your settings above?

This EA needs the opportunity to move in order to be effective and using MaxTrades1 and the dynamicstoploss you are asking it to gain 10 pips before losing of 10 pips.

The stoploss is programmed to close the trade when it hits the next progression so if that occurs before gaining 10 pips you will lose 10 pips.

The author suggests MaxTrades10 giving the EA every opportunity to close profitably but a large account is needed to allow that action. This thread has trialled MaxTrades5 & 6 and I believe that the 6 is more likely to gain more than lose.

Look at the gif that I posted re directional trading a couple of posts earlier.

If you want to continue with MaxTrades1 the original EA from the author would give you more chance of success but with the offset of possible losing more, at least it will not close after 10 pips loss giving more chance of recovery.

John

10 point 3 w/ dynamic stops

the settings that you have posted above are the setting that were used on my real account. i have not chnaged any of the setting that i have tested for the past month n the demo account. it's the demo account that posted a loss this past week for the first time in the past month that i have tested it. i hope that clarifies my earlier post. i mean i did lose pips in both accounts, but all the forward testing that i have done in over the past month the demo account had always posted a profit. that is why i wanted to take the EA into a live account because it had always proven it's self to make a profit.

This Ea looking good at NFP news.

txsundevil:
I am going Live next week on Velocity4x with DLMV 1.3 using Micro-Lot's starting at 0.01 Max trade (7) up to 0.64 with orders to protect 4 Secure profit of 15, with EUR & CHF. Realize you can't really make any money this way, but want to see if it matches the Demo to be run at the same time, and see if there is any Funny Stuff going on that I should be aware of, As Velocity4x claims it's exactly the same server for Demo and Live accounts (LOL). Will post a report a few day's into the trading week Demo and Real Account. Aslo will run the USD/JPY pair on PHOENIX EA which is No. 2 in the trading contest at 0.20 Lots, with the presets.

Hi, I don't like to discourage you, but DLMv did cost me $1000 on NF 0.1 lots. I hope yet to read good things on this EA on the real account.

good luck

Ross.

ross123:
Hi, I don't like to discourage you, but DLMv did cost me $1000 on NF 0.1 lots. I hope yet to read good things on this EA on the real account.

good luck

Ross.

my friend is earning nice profits using this EA. Only suitable for EU,CHF. He is using on tf30....

Reason: