Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 27

Testing correct entry signal

frantacech:
Can you Add resolution FIRST BIG correct candle?

For example

testing correct entry signal (first bar after oposite) - closed bar M15. If OK, waiting correct signal M30 and open trade - not wait closed M30 candle.

I am not sure what you mean here. Are you saying use 15 minute timeframe for signals?

That might work for the idea of looking back x bars for valid signals on all bars to place trade especially if x is 1 or 2.

This would also allow the EA to use the 5 minute with valid signals for up to 6 bars back.

Only problem is the EA will backtest very slowly if StepMA is used.

Does anyone have any ideas for a replaement?

Robert

Testing Trailing stops

frederic:
Mr Pips

I have just join here i am testing the latest Din_KusKus_EA_v1.3

I have noticed the request for testing trailing stops

ie

I will keep you informed on progress

Frederick

Thanks Frederick.

I would have thought there would be more volunteers for this task.

Robert

ANCOLL:
@Mr Pips and Frantacech

I dont want you to work alone, I really wish to help you with the code.

During the flood disaster, I was studying MQL (Meta Quote Language) from scratch. I got source from codec guru, interbankfx, and MQL manual itself.

But the more I studied, the more confusing it is

Anyone,please show me, do you know the easiest way to learn MQL?

Coz, I want to give contribution, helping Mr Pips, Frantacech, etc

Btw,

I have updated the first page, take a look, and let me know if missing something. The both EA which Mr Pips added, is on the forward test now.

Did you see the video Patric done on interbankfx site for EA, that should be good strat

MrPip:
ANCOLL,

What rule was not followed?

Version 1.3 follows the rules of Kuskus without checking trend.

Version 2.1 follows the rules of DIN but does not use trend entry as this showed in backtest to not work.

To use the trend checks for 4 hr and daily trend you need to set the switch for UseTrend. The default trend uses HMA which is method 2. To use GMACD you must use method 1. HMA showed better results.

The other change was to add trading hours. If that is not wanted you must set UseTradingHours to false.

If you use trading hours with a broker other than FXDD you will also need to change the time settings to match the times for your broker.

Robert

ANCOLL I had to agree with MrPips I was trading with the trend for a while, no losses so far but some orders went more than 80 pips against me before they go back again with the trend

Hi, guys. There is a great effort being put into developement and we all gotta keep on. Agree?

I'm worried of 3 issues:

1st - An entry should not be placed along the whole period even if signals are granted, but just on max x ordered

bars after signal. Or else according to value of stochastik, buy at the beginning of a half wave, sell opposite....simply, never again encounter situation like today when the buy was placed exactly one minute before the end of trend. Quite the reverse.

Perhaps an ideal solution would be watching out signal on M15 and if a valid signal arises on M15 then to take reaction as soon as the signal condition of opening position on M30 is obtained. It would have meant a finished bar with valide signal on M15, which shall happen about in the middle of M30 bar and to place entry as soon as a valide signal arises on M30. Not to wait for the end of a bar. Or optional, to wait for the end of a bar, or again optional to allow another x bars for entry.

2nd - An exit --- I've switched "on" Trailing Stop type 4 in EA - breakeven after 18pips profit at entry+1. It seems ok, but I expected that was just a safety guard against turning to losses, and EA closed with abandonment in accordance with the exit signal...I left default settings. After two days I haven't notised any exit after profit loss...weird..

3rd - Traiding hour - it is preset in some way in EA. For which broker and which Time Zone? There is an European and Asian session permited, but American session is not. What experiences come from that and is it ideal? I'm personally scared of Asian session little bit. What do statistics, practice and experience say?

This EA is completely excelent basis, but it needs much debugging.

I hope what is stated herein is comprehensible enough despite my non-native english.

Regards to everybody.

Learning to code in MT4

MiniMe:
Did you see the video Patric done on interbankfx site for EA, that should be good strat

ANCOLL,

Thank you for your offer to help with coding.

I do not know if that is a good idea or not.

I have been a programmer for over 30 years so I can code pretty fast.

If I have to fix errors you might make it could actually slow me down.

You will best help by clearly explaining any problems you find with the EA.

I think I have all the rules coded correctly but I am not sure if I am using the correct settings. I coded the default values from the values given by others.

I do not have the time to read threads on forums. That is where I rely on those who truly understand the system to supply me the indicators and settings I need for writing an ea.

It would also help if more people would test the trailing stop ideas on backtest

We only have one volunteer so far.

If no one else is willing to help in this way then it might be time for me to move on. If that is the case I hope another programmer can pick this up from here.

I have run across this problem on many forums where no one really wants to help. Too many people looking for a free EA without helping improve the strategy or at least run tests and post results.

I do not mind helping with coding but running tests ties up my computer.

I have several paying clients with EAs I need to code.

Robert

@MiniMe

Thanks for your recomendation, MiniMe

I will download the MQL video now

@MrPips

OMG!!! 30 years in programming? no wonder

Sure, I will forward test the newest version of DIN EA right away, and pretty sure, I am happy to show the result and give a comment on it.

Glad to have you here, Mr Pips.

Update has been made,

I put custom indicator by frantacech and ZIP EA from Mr Pips

Testing EA

ANCOLL,

Actually I learned to program in high school in 1963 with a language called FOCAL. Punched cards and a slide rule at my side . Began my professional career in 1976 on Mini Computers with punch tape and some front panel switches for coding. Soon moved on to more modern systems. I was also a hobbyist with a home built 6502 based system for learning Assembly language. That one was cassette tape for storage.

Not just forward test but also backtest to find the best trailing stop method.

There are seven methods to test but that could take a while as the settings are OOTB from where I copied the functions. I did leave comments in the functions to show the source. Some are mine and some are from others.

I just took the code and copied to this ea as independent functions.

And not that it matters but it is MrPip not MrPips.

I think there is someone else who goes by MrPips.

Robert

30 Years we should add an extra (s) for each year , There is a lot to learn from you,.. we are honored to have someone with your experience here...If there is a holy grill, I hope it will be you to code it ..

I am currently forward testing StepStopExpert_v1.1. I will play with the backtest results as well over next couple days. I will post all statements next week. I would also like to thank MrPip, MiniMe, ANCOLL, and frantacech for the time spent for the forward progress of this system. The progress has been fantastic, it's a great system. I will be follow this system closely over the next couple weeks and I hope to contribute as much info as I can.

Thanks,

Chris

Reason: