10points 3.mq4 - page 30

10points 3

Thank you for sharing that info furious angel we are all working together with the aim of being able to use this EA safely on a live account.

John

yeoeleven:
Thank you for sharing that info furious angel we are all working together with the aim of being able to use this EA safely on a live account. John

well, i had taken 10 point 3 w/ dyna... into a live account

and let's say i had to turn it off.. cos it was on a bad run. i was puzzled. maybe i turn it "on" at the wrong time. if it would have been profitable from the get go i might have left it on, but it wasnt doing that. it started in a downward spiral. i know what this will win some and los some, but i felt that it had lost enough at that moment, where i needed to catch the account balance up manually and double check some of my setting to see if i had made some kind of error on my part.

let me ask this question - is there a proper "timing" indication on when this Ea should be made active..?

10points 3dynamic stoploss

furious_angel:
well, i had taken 10 point 3 w/ dyna... into a live account

and let's say i had to turn it off.. cos it was on a bad run. i was puzzled. maybe i turn it "on" at the wrong time. if it would have been profitable from the get go i might have left it on, but it wasnt doing that. it started in a downward spiral. i know what this will win some and los some, but i felt that it had lost enough at that moment, where i needed to catch the account balance up manually and double check some of my setting to see if i had made some kind of error on my part.

let me ask this question - is there a proper "timing" indication on when this Ea should be made active..?

There have been some times when I am sure that if it was a live account I would have turned it off but in the end it has bounced back.

As far as a proper timing indication, the only concern from the Author was that news announcements can be volatile and as such it may be wise to turn it off during those times. He has introduced the DLM series to allow pauses in trading to occur during the news.

I have taken this quote from the Elcactus site.

donny 2006-09-07 07:44:51 everyone can Sudden Rich, using this God Damn EA!! i've been forward test 3 weeks non stops in june, except Sat & Sun, profit Factor was 2.4, $2,5K deposit, 0.1 Lot, TF 15 minute. Damn Good!!

Also this quote which gives more understanding of your previous post re mm

just an advice, if you are with IBFX and your account is mini, then 0.05 means 5 nano lots looks very safe with minimum risk, and if standard, 0.05 lots would be 5 micros which looks high risk.

John

I have a wierd problem running 10points3 on Velocity Trader. I copied over the MQ4 file from Alpari (which works ok), altered the LOTS = 0.1 to LOTS = 0.01 and recompiled.

When running the EA, the first position is opened ok but no subsequent lots are added if the market moves against the position. I have changed nothing else.

Any ideas anyone?

Toccata:
I have a wierd problem running 10points3 on Velocity Trader. I copied over the MQ4 file from Alpari (which works ok), altered the LOTS = 0.1 to LOTS = 0.01 and recompiled.

When running the EA, the first position is opened ok but no subsequent lots are added if the market moves against the position. I have changed nothing else.

Any ideas anyone?

Just a thought why not download the dynamicstop copy from page 18 here into the VelocityTrader. Compile it as is but change the unit size on the preset.

Might be worth a try but this is not based on a knowledge of coding. I am using Velocity Trader but on demo with 0.10 unit start.

John

10points 3dynamicstop

Here is the latest update.

Testing from opening trade on Monday using only EUR/USD & USD/CHF.

Looking OK

John

Files:
10points7.htm  19 kb

time frames

i have a question -

i know that there is a data difference between live accounts and demo accounts..

if you were going to take this EA into a live environment would you want to increase the time frame that the EA read data from?

i mean i all the testing i have been doing has been on the 30m

would this EA work better if it was reading from the 1 hour chart instead..?

just curious.

10points 3

furious_angel:
i have a question -

i know that there is a data difference between live accounts and demo accounts..

if you were going to take this EA into a live environment would you want to increase the time frame that the EA read data from?

i mean i all the testing i have been doing has been on the 30m

would this EA work better if it was reading from the 1 hour chart instead..?

just curious.

Before changing to a different timeframe I would forward test again with the new timeframe.

I have used M30 because when I downloaded it M30 was recommended and so far has been good with my demo account but spend a couple of weeks testing H1 and let us know the results.

John

I run this 10points only for the pair Eurusd.Still find the stability.Will show the statement next week.

10points 3Dynamicstop

Still progressing well, just over $500 gain this week so far using only USD/CHF & EUR/USD. Starting at .1 units, MaxTrades6 on a M30 TF & 25 TP.

Looking at the safety angle U/C had increments up to .4 units three times but E/U went up to .8 units also three times making it more likely to use up the margin in a small live account.

John

Files:
10points8.htm  27 kb
Reason: