10points 3.mq4 - page 11

Camen:
Can someone explain to me what Expert Advisors are used for? Thanks

here this might help explain them..

Expert Advisors is a mechanical trade system (MTS) linked up to a certain plot. The Advisor can not only inform you about a possibility to strike bargains, but also can make deals on the trade account automatically and direct them right to the trade server. Like most trade systems, the MetaTrader 4 terminal supports testing strategies on historical data with displaying on the chart the spots where trades come in and out.

Camen:
Can someone explain to me what Expert Advisors are used for? Thanks

Like angel said, it's just a silly name for an autotrade strategy that users can write to work within metatrader.

Although there are some good ones, many are hardly worthy of being labelled "expert".

forest:
Like angel said, it's just a silly name for an autotrade strategy that users can write to work within metatrader. Although there are some good ones, many are hardly worthy of being labelled "expert".

. were you thinking oxymoron also..?

furious_angel:
. were you thinking oxymoron also..?

Yeah, it definitely was a bit perplexing when I first saw the term, then I realized there might be a cultural difference in what an "expert" was.

anyone use this EA for live account? and it didn't caused margin call??

Narc:
anyone use this EA for live account? and it didn't caused margin call??

i belive some one is using this in a real account . check post # 51 again. i think you will find that this member has gone live with it.

DLMv1.3

forest:
Just thought I would let you know, the DLMv1.3.ex4 (Dealer Lots Manager) which based upon the 10 points 3 is now available at http://elcactus.com I am going to try it too. It has quite a few more options to piddle with.

Thanks for letting us know of the update.

I am having trouble using the ex4 file. It is created after the EA has been compiled but on Interbank it will not open and shows the grey hat.

The creator of this EA has the following to say about this problem on http://elcactus.com/index.php?option=com_mamboboard&Itemid=33&func=view&id=161&catid=2

If you are using Interbank MetaTrader 4 client you will not be able to use only ex4 files, this is because Interbank FX modified the client to work only with experts/indicators with .mq4 files (source files).

If you want to test this expert you will must download the original MT4 client from metaquotes.net website, click on this link to get it.

Regards

Alejandro Galindo

I have previously reopened the platform and it makes the previous login account invalid.

Any other comment on using the ex4 file. It won't work on my SBFX download either.

yeoeleven:

I have previously reopened the platform and it makes the previous login account invalid.

Any other comment on using the ex4 file. It won't work on my SBFX download either.

Hmm, that's strange that you cannot open it on your SBFX. Have you tried the DLM1.2.ex4 and does it do the same thing?

Dlm

forest:
Hmm, that's strange that you cannot open it on your SBFX. Have you tried the DLM1.2.ex4 and does it do the same thing?

I have been unable to open DLM1.2ex4 or the Manual on SBFX.

Neither will 10points3 open on IBFX.

I have noted that SBFX will not allow trading .01 units. IBFX will but have been unable to find out if IBFX will increase the trades but it will accept .01 trades.

I now have 10points3 trading but have changed the Trailing Stop to 15 as suggested by furious_angel

yeoeleven:
I have been unable to open DLM1.2ex4 or the Manual on SBFX.

Neither will 10points3 open on IBFX.

I have noted that SBFX will not allow trading .01 units. IBFX will but have been unable to find out if IBFX will increase the trades but it will accept .01 trades.

I now have 10points3 trading but have changed the Trailing Stop to 15 as suggested by furious_angel

Well John, to be honest with you, I liked the way the 10point3 traded a bit better anyway, if that is any consolation.

I am using SBFX and COESFX for my platforms and didn't have trouble opening it on SBFX. I didn't try COESFX yet.

I tried the DLM on a few different pairs, a few different timeframes and still thought the 10point3 was a nicer system. However I think the main reason for the DLM was the occasional blow up of the 10point3. So, if that is the case, perhaps further effort is required.

Reason: