10points 3.mq4 - page 35

Settings

furious_angel:
sorry, but i have to ask.. have you listed the settings that you are using for this EA here in this thread? i would like to compair next week (10 point 3 vs. DLMv1.4-MQL4contest ) and i would love to get started of my test settings.. would you mind posting your settings..

I am using the 10points 3 Dynamic stop, with the following settings:-

TakeProfit=25.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=15.00000000

MaxTrades=6

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000

USDCHFPipValue=10.00000000

USDJPYPipValue=9.71500000

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2006

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=10201

I used the contest EA exactly as downloaded.

John

10points_dynamic_stop

Hi,

How would one chnage the innitial SL . On my platform MT4, InitialStop's values don't seem to make any difference, and the SL is about 150 pips.

Thank you,

K

when you attach it to the chart you can change the properties.. second tab is labeled : imputs.. that is where you can change stuff.

kentashiburo:
Yeah, and I was saying that no matter value I input for
InitialStop
the stop loss for any trade is about 150pips.

please refer to post # 342

Thanks for the reply,

furious_angel:
when you attach it to the chart you can change the properties.. second tab is labeled : imputs.. that is where you can change stuff.

Yeah, and I was saying that no matter value I input for

InitialStop

the stop loss for any trade is about 150pips.

Do you guys have the explanations for every variable used for this EA?

Thank you all for sharing your testings/ideas in regards to this EA!

re:10points-dynamic-stop

tururo:
An arbitrary number of your choosing, of how many pips beyond the maxtrade stop point you want to place your stops. E.g. Maxtrades = 5, Pips = 15, InitialStop = 1, stop point = 76 pips from opening trade. If InitialStop=5, stop point = 80 pips from opening trade. If InitialStop = 10, stop point = 85 pips from opening trade. I hope you get the idea.

Thanks, the InitialStop now is clear.

Here there is a 75 pip initial stop loss. Where would one go and change this? All my trades have a 151pips stop loss.

My setting:

extern double TakeProfit = 15;

extern double Lots = 0.1;

extern double InitialStop = 1;

extern double TrailingStop = 15;

extern int MaxTrades=6;

extern int Pips=15;

extern int SecureProfit=10;

extern int AccountProtection=1;

extern int OrderstoProtect=3;

extern int ReverseCondition=0;

extern double EURUSDPipValue=10;

extern double GBPUSDPipValue=10;

extern double USDCHFPipValue=10;

extern double USDJPYPipValue=9.715;

extern int StartYear=2005;

extern int StartMonth=1;

extern int EndYear=2006;

extern int EndMonth=12;

extern int EndHour=22;

extern int EndMinute=30;

extern int mm=0;

extern int risk=12;

extern int AccountisNormal=0;

extern int Magic = 10201;

Stop loss

As I understand the changes to 10points by tururo makes it close when it reaches the point when it would make the next increment.

So if you have it set for MaxTrades6 with a TP of 15 the close would be 7 X 15 = 105 from the first entry. If you have set Maxtrades5 the close would be 6 X 15 = 90. That is built in to the EA and will occur whatever the SL registers.

Attached are the weeks results from testing both EAs.

Starting off with .1 units a net profit of $722 has been realised with 10point3 Dynamic stop.

The DLMv1.3 starts off from .05 and shows a net profit of $303 for the week. Note the dip at the end of the gif, that occurred because I had forgotten to turn off the automatic closure for Friday. I prefer to close off manually when the pairs are in profit. Note that 10points does not show that dip.

I have been forward testing 10points for 2 months now and over the weekend will assess it's performance compared with DLM and post my observations.

John

Files:

10points 3 Dynamicstop & DLMv1.3

Starting with the EA as downloaded it was using all four recommended pairs with a MaxTrade10 and a TP 40. This was excellent on a $25000 demo account but far too risky on smaller accounts. Over the development of the thread it was tested and suggestions made and incorporated in my testing and now have decided to limit testing to just the two less volatile pairs. As well to limit the MaxTrade to 6 and the TP to 25. This has provided a safer environment with less profit but less likely to margin call a small account. Especially with those broker who allow .01 units to be traded.

Over the past few weeks both EAs have proved profitable on my demo accounts. Over the past 2 weeks starting at .05 DLM has increased to .4 three times & .8 once on EU. UC had increased to .4 twice and .8 once.

10 points starting from .1 increased on EU to .8 four times and UC .8 four times and 1.6 once.

There was little to seperate the two EAs but it seemed that UC was slightly more risky. Overall I would prefer 10 points and have set up next week to trade as previously. I am using .05 on DLM because that broker IBFX will allow trading below the .1 level.

John

What is the significance of the initial stop loss. The default is 0.

What will happen if changed to say 1.

Initial stop.

aelimian:
What is the significance of the initial stop loss. The default is 0. What will happen if changed to say 1.

aelimian

The reference in DLM

SellPrice=Bid;

LastPrice=0;

if (TakeProfit==0) { tp=0; }

else { tp=SellPrice-TakeProfit*Point; }

if (InitialStop==0) { sl=0; }

else { sl=SellPrice+InitialStop*Point; }

if (OpenOrders!=0)

The reference in 10points

BuyPrice=Ask;

LastPrice=0;

if (TakeProfit==0) { tp=0; }

else { tp=BuyPrice+TakeProfit*Point; }

if (InitialStop==0) { sl=0; }

else { sl=NormalizeDouble(BuyPrice-InitialStop*Point - (MaxTrades-OpenOrders)*Pips*Point, Digits); }

if (OpenOrders!=0) {

mylotsi=lotsi;

for(cnt=1;cnt<=OpenOrders;cnt++)

I have no coding knowledge but someone may be able to help you from those references.

John

Reason: