10points 3.mq4 - page 34

Comparison

ross123:
there you go folks, my test results for the last two weeks on Majors M30. I hope some of you find it useful. I will keep testing until the whole account is wiped out.

Good luck,

Ross.

I have posted a detailed statement from the 2nd October but using only EU & UC for comparison purposes.

I hope that live accounts are not treated differently to demo accounts otherwise all our testing is suspect to say the least.

I have noted that you have no working orders does that mean that you have deleted them? I can understand with a live account that you would be reluctant to increase the trade increment.

John

Green TP

mtaboneweb:
I'm not sure if this is a dumb question but I was wondering if anyone could tell me why the T/P column turns green on some currently open positions/prices? Is this something that can be set in preferences? What criteria has been met when it is green other than it is positive but not at the actual T/P level? I have included a screen shot of my live account running with InterbankFX. I should also mention that the Profit column is displaying as points.

mtaboneweb,

I do not think that there are any dumb questions when one is coming to grips with different situations.

I have noticed that when the price reaches within 10 pips of the TP the price changes green also when reaching within 10 pips of the SL it changes red.

I hope that you never see the red change

Attached are detailed statements covering both EAs for this week. Both still looking promising but on a demo account and only testing EU & UC.

John

Files:
dlmv1.38.htm  43 kb
dlmv1.38.gif  5 kb
10points11.htm  19 kb

10 point 3 w/ dynamic stops

ross123:
there you go folks, my test results for the last two weeks on Majors M30. I hope some of you find it useful. I will keep testing until the whole account is wiped out. Good luck, Ross.

Hello Ross,

i have looked at you statement and i find myself asking the following question and hope that you can provide an answer.

you have stated that you were testing the 4 major pairs, but accordding to your statement you have some pairs that are not listed in the Ea itself. according to your statement you are foprward testing on the CAD. the CAD was never listed in the code to be one of the pairs to be tested.

GBP/USD, EUR/USD,USD/CHF, & USD/JPY were the ones that this Ea was written for. i could not find some of these pairs in your statement. just curious... why you traded the pairs that you did..?

DLM vs. 10points

yeoeleven:
I have closed off this EA. The recent surge in GBP/USD saw it open additional buy positions without any closing. I returned to find opened positions of over $5000 in that pair. I do not understand when this EA will close in profit it closed after small losses. That is a good result but without the ability to adjust I am flying blind. John

As I understand it, DLM (various versions) are the next generation(s) from 10points. If you look at the source for 10points you can have an insite on the workings of the "DLM's".

DLMv1.4-MQL4contest

Bucky:
As I understand it, DLM (various versions) are the next generation(s) from 10points. If you look at the source for 10points you can have an insite on the workings of the "DLM's".

You certainly are correct in your observations but the comment was aimed at DLMv1.4-MQL4contest.

After one day it had almost + $5000 in open trades and that is uncharacteristic of either 10points or DLM hence my post. Neither has behaved in that way in over couple of months testing and comment as to how and why the contest DLM performed that way would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by yeoeleven

I have closed off this EA. The recent surge in GBP/USD saw it open additional buy positions without any closing. I returned to find opened positions of over $5000 in that pair. I do not understand when this EA will close in profit it closed after small losses. That is a good result but without the ability to adjust I am flying blind.

I have reposted the details for comment.

Files:
dlmcomp2.gif  5 kb
dlmcomp2.htm  33 kb

10points & DLM

Continuing to forward test these EAs and still with good result.

John

Files:
10points12.htm  27 kb
dlmv1.39.htm  63 kb
dlmv1.39.gif  5 kb

yeoeleven:
You certainly are correct in your observations but the comment was aimed at DLMv1.4-MQL4contest.

After one day it had almost + $5000 in open trades and that is uncharacteristic of either 10points or DLM hence my post. Neither has behaved in that way in over couple of months testing and comment as to how and why the contest DLM performed that way would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by yeoeleven

I have closed off this EA. The recent surge in GBP/USD saw it open additional buy positions without any closing. I returned to find opened positions of over $5000 in that pair. I do not understand when this EA will close in profit it closed after small losses. That is a good result but without the ability to adjust I am flying blind.

I have reposted the details for comment.

sorry, but i have to ask.. have you listed the settings that you are using for this EA here in this thread? i would like to compair next week (10 point 3 vs. DLMv1.4-MQL4contest ) and i would love to get started of my test settings.. would you mind posting your settings..

my result

hello to all in this thread

my result from this expert is in attach file

my result on m1

one question?

what is the meaning & use of inital stop?

Files:
statement_4.htm  22 kb

excuse me 10point3 expert.

.. i am going to suggest the you follow the link in the first posting on this thread. it will take you to the creators site. and i believe the information you are looking for is posted there. there is also post # 183 in this thread that explains a bit about it also.

Reason: