10points 3.mq4 - page 24

yeoeleven:
24 hours on I have had the following result.

The author of this EA has suggested not to trade during news announcements he has created the advanced EAs in the DLM series with options built in to avoid news trading.

John

John, if you stop DLM to do not trade during news, you will desrepect completly the filosofy of the system... and he will not work, and you will lose money. IMO.

I said this because hapened to me the internet connection fail during the day, the system wasn't working during news, and I screw one week profit.

In my opinion, there is no way to avoid.

I'm tinkng to change the EA, there is a good porbability to lose money, and when you lose, it's much and hard.

Regards

News & 10points 3

yeoeleven:
I have closed off this EA prior to the Non Farm Payroll announcement having no wish to be on the wrong end of a huge spike just prior to the weekend.

There is no Floating Profit since I manually closed off every trade causing some unexpected small losses.

John

Tugatrader

That is how I handled a potentially volatile news announcement similar to closing down the EA for the weekend whilst using 10points 3.

Just turning off the EA whilst still trading will result in an escalation of a situation without the benefit of the EA's strategies.

That is apparently what happened in your previous post.

I said this because hapened to me the internet connection fail during the day, the system wasn't working during news, and I screw one week profit.

Some confusion may occur whilst we are discussing two different EAs in this thread. I always put in a title relating to the EA under discussion.

John

Fast_cris:
Hi Tuga,

I don't like this EA.

In the begining looks very nice.. in the 4 months of the year ia have trading whit this EA on my real account.. and i

start whit 10 000$ account.. in 4 months my account turns to 35 000$.. but in may i lost all my money... ... The NFP... 400 pips trending in many currencies.. 1000 pips on cable and eur/aud...

Now.. in range days looks very good.. but bicarfull... when the big gamers became of vacances the market will star to move very high volatile and fast and you can lose all your money in 2/3 days...

Whit 15 pips size and 5/6 max trades.. you can go until 75/100 pips... but if the market move 150/200 or 300 pips in a single day? ... What you can do is use 15/20 max trades ... but you have to be a very big account...

If you use max trades 15 and 15 pips size... in micro mini account by interbankfx...

0.01..0.02..0.04...0.08..0.16..0.32..0.64...1.28.. 2.56..5.12..10.24...20.48..40.96..81.92...163.84 lots... only in 1 currency .... and only in 225 pips move...

Sorry my bad inglish

what settings were you using? could you post them here?

and i am wondering .. did you use money management? yes/no

and how fast did you lose your account?

.. am very curious on how that happened.. it seams to me that this could have been caught very early on and some adjustments could have been made.

please tell us more about what happened, if you can.

Hi furious_angel,

The settings that a had using was:

Micro mini account interbankfx.

Gbp/usd - eur/aud - eur/usd - usd/chf - usd/jpy - eur/jpy - gbp/jpy - nzd/usd

Account 10 000$

lots: 0.1

no stop loss

take profit : 30

max trades: 10

pips: 20

account protection:1

orders to protect:9 (in the secont buy/sell will start protect my account)

If you see historic last may.. you will see... 500 pips trending eur/usd... 600 pips usd/jpy - usd/chf ... 1000 pips gbp/usd and eur/aud... and i only have 200 pips to close my orders...

My account of 35 000$ in may don't suported that trending..

if i have 300 000$ in my account i think they will go fine whit max trades 20.. but if i want max trades 30... ever 300 000$ is not enought.. but i don't have that money thats why i don't use this EA anymore....

You can tell me.. but in news times i will close the EA to avoid the trending... but if you have pending open orders... what you can do? you will close the orders before the news came lossing money to avoid the trending.... AND... when the crosses start running in times that don't have news and you don't closed the EA and at night when you are sleeping and the asia markets star running the Yene... ..

For me this EA is very dangerous... now.. i'm trading manualy.. the profit is more smal... but is more save... and i use stop loss to control better my positions... But.. i'm still searching a good EA for use in real account...

Stay well

Fast_cris:
Hi furious_angel,

The settings that a had using was:

Micro mini account interbankfx.

Gbp/usd - eur/aud - eur/usd - usd/chf - usd/jpy - eur/jpy - gbp/jpy - nzd/usd

Account 10 000$

lots: 0.1

no stop loss

take profit : 30

max trades: 10

pips: 20

account protection:1

orders to protect:9 (in the secont buy/sell will start protect my account)

If you see historic last may.. you will see... 500 pips trending eur/usd... 600 pips usd/jpy - usd/chf ... 1000 pips gbp/usd and eur/aud... and i only have 200 pips to close my orders...

My account of 35 000$ in may don't suported that trending..

if i have 300 000$ in my account i think they will go fine whit max trades 20.. but if i want max trades 30... ever 300 000$ is not enought.. but i don't have that money thats why i don't use this EA anymore....

You can tell me.. but in news times i will close the EA to avoid the trending... but if you have pending open orders... what you can do? you will close the orders before the news came lossing money to avoid the trending.... AND... when the crosses start running in times that don't have news and you don't closed the EA and at night when you are sleeping and the asia markets star running the Yene...

For me this EA is very dangerous... now.. i'm trading manualy.. the profit is more smal... but is more save... and i use stop loss to control better my positions... But.. i'm still searching a good EA for use in real account...

Stay well

.. if you dont mind me asking..

did you just wake up one afternoon and find that the account was depleated.. or did the account slowly bleed out..?

was there a particular pair ($$).. that messed everything up...?

i guess i am trying to find out..

if you played with lot sizes to minimize losses..

or what steps you took to protect the account..

maybe i am asking too many questions..

10points 3 dynamic stop loss

yeoeleven:
24 hours on I have had the following result. John

Moving on with the next update.

This EA starting at .1 increased to 1.6 on USDCHF & GBPUSD on one occasion each.

Still looking good

John

Files:
10points2.htm  37 kb

DLMv1.3

yeoeleven:
After 24 hours starting at .05 unit with MaxTrades6 I have had the following result

Something has happened and the EA has not opened more trades on either of the pairs being tested.

The result here has no current trades, what would cause that?

John

Edited to add that I had changed stoploss to 1 on each pair and now that I have changed it back to 0.0 the EA has started up again.

Trading both CHF & EUR long

Files:
dlmv1.32.htm  29 kb

here's a copy of Dlmv1.3 4H timeframe since Sunday night, all trades are SELL, using Trend Manager open trades 11, continue from last week profit on statement

Files:
dlmv1.3_2.htm  48 kb

yeoeleven:
Moving on with the next update.

This EA starting at .1 increased to 1.6 on USDCHF & GBPUSD on one occasion each.

Still looking good

John

. demo account? yes / no

10points 3 & DLMv1.3

furious_angel:
. demo account? yes / no

I am using demo accounts for both EAs.

DLM on InterBankFX using .05 unit start

10points on VelocityTrader using .1 unit start.

With the forward testing being done on this thread and the suggestions being made I am looking forward to going live but lack of funds is stopping me.

John

Reason: