10points 3.mq4 - page 386

i am new to ea

veritasfx:
Mine is a macro one Attached is July's performance...

may i know the setting and ea? thanks.

v 1.03?

added statement this month with vers. 1.03 Its a great EA.

hi, i am new to ea. would u plz advise where i can download the version 1.03? and setup plz. thanks a lot .

erdenmensch:
added statement this month with vers. 1.03 Its a great EA. hi, i am new to ea. would u plz advise where i can download the version 1.03? and setup plz. thanks a lot .

I don't know which page it is but you can search the ea.

please help

veritasfx:
I use GBPUSD 5min. Attach is the July's performance so far, from 400$ since 29Apr 2008

dear Veristas, i have tried backtesting a few 10p3 eas, but none can match your result from 29Apr. I have tried 10p3 1.01, 10p3 hedging, 10p3 0.03... Would you please kindly let me know which one should i test with? thanks!

leanne:
dear Veristas, i have tried backtesting a few 10p3 eas, but none can match your result from 29Apr. I have tried 10p3 1.01, 10p3 hedging, 10p3 0.03... Would you please kindly let me know which one should i test with? thanks!

Maybe you change the parameters.

erdenmensch:
Maybe you change the parameters.

Yes, I change the parameters according to the market.

Performance this month May

Performance this month May, about 500USD

Backtest evaluation

Firstly, respect to Alejandro Galindo (the original creator of 10Points3) as well as all the major contributors here - especially Davidke20, and the others, who have collectively succeeded in considerably advancing the viability of the 10Points3 EA.

I have backtested some of the methodologies described here for 10p3v0.03 and 10p3v1.00.

I tested using the version, settings, currency and timeframe for each method as described here - over 2006 and then separately over 2007. I used Alpari 1 minute data; period converted; every tick method; 90% accuracy - using an installation of Metatrader that I never open whilst online - to preserve the integrity of the historical price data.

I also tested higher timeframes - H1 and H4. Generally higher timeframes perform better than low timeframes.

Obviously, I could not test the multi-currency methods in a backtest, but the test is still a valid indicator of expected profitability as well as the likelihood of catastrophic loss for each method, when trading the individual currencies I tested - eur/usd or gbp/usd.

It appears that all of the methods show somewhat limited profitability and a strong likelihood of one or more catastrophic losses at some point during a trading year.

So whilst a method may perform exceedingly well for a number of months during forward testing, these is a strong possibility of one or more catastrophic losses at some point during a trading year.

I have been optimizing and backtesting different settings of my own for 10p3v0.03 and 10p3v1.00 - over 2006 and separately over 2007, with starting balances of $1k, $3k and $10k. I seek to survive the 2006 and the 2007 test periods whilst maximizing profitability, minimizing drawdown %; exhibit a high win/loss ratio; and have winning trades of double the size of losing trades.

I have managed to comfortably survive the backtest periods of 2006 and 2007 whilst significantly increasing the profitability and eliminating catastrophic losses - but admittedly the drawdown percentages (negative equity during an open trade) one must be prepared to weather are significantly higher.

I will happily post these ideas here, if you are interested.

Your input, suggestions and honest feedback would be very much appreciated.

Files:

The last day comes at last

The another two account still alive. The secrete is that after profitable for a period. remove the ea. after a big loss, load the ea.

Files:
xm.gif  7 kb

veritasfx:
The last day comes at last The another two account still alive. The secrete is that after profitable for a period. remove the ea. after a big loss, load the ea.

With what pair it happened ?

Reason: