10points 3.mq4 - page 277

I will also forward test (once I get my desktop running again)

thanks for the updates

Rick

SEE this test

hello all

first backtest

Backtest

sourour:
hello all first backtest

sourour,

this is undoubtably a good result, I have a question.

Did you work out the minimum account size that would not have hit a margin call when confronted with the nine progression that occurred twelve days into the test? Testing with $500000 is the best way to trade martingale successfully especially starting with a .1 progression.

I am forward testing with an account size of $250 to approximate the size of account I will be able to afford to fund. Hopefully by the time we have tested neta1o's new EA and he has had the time to make his planned changes it will be possible to use it profitably on a mini account of $250.

John

Michel:
You just have to wait a little bit.

Now Neta10 (thanks a lot !) has take the work to rebuild this old EA with new ideas, let him some time to do it without interfering with other intermediate versions.

Writing an EA is a very personnal thing, and it's rarely a good idea that many programmers put their hands in the same code.

Dear Michel, I dont want to interfering with the development of Neta10. I am very impressed and gratefull for his job. I am only want to add this features to others EAs i have. I like make my personal modification over the EAs providing by other, but i will never interfer with my modification when other programmer better than me are working. I am only a newbie and this is the cause i come here for help. Thanks, and I am sorry.

Neta10, great job!!! Thanks

Saludos

La Totona

thanks dear

yeoeleven:
sourour,

this is undoubtably a good result, I have a question.

Did you work out the minimum account size that would not have hit a margin call when confronted with the nine progression that occurred twelve days into the test? Testing with $500000 is the best way to trade martingale successfully especially starting with a .1 progression.

I am forward testing with an account size of $250 to approximate the size of account I will be able to afford to fund. Hopefully by the time we have tested neta1o's new EA and he has had the time to make his planned changes it will be possible to use it profitably on a mini account of $250.

John

thanks very much for you good reply, ok i see

but i think this settings wants
1000$ in a micro account
(pip=.01 cent)

i tested this with netao1 ea version 1.3 but i changed the tp to 20 only and pips to 20 instead of 15

the only thing that i thik not very good is increasing levels(max trades) i think this change will cost us more money,

any way i am still testing,

thanks and take care

sourour

Glad to hear you guys are still testing, I'm going to be working on this later tonight so I should have some updates.

-neta1o

EDIT: I found a few bugs with this where it doesn't close all orders, also I need to make sure the target profit is in

ratio to the pip step or even when it succeeds it will fail. You may see a lot of no market to open. It will give this message every

time it checks. I'll update this later as well.

neta1o:
Glad to hear you guys are still testing, I'm going to be working on this later tonight so I should have some updates.

-neta1o

EDIT: I found a few bugs with this where it doesn't close all orders, also I need to make sure the target profit is in

ratio to the pip step or even when it succeeds it will fail. You may see a lot of no market to open. It will give this message every

-------------------------------------

Hi Neta10

I notice in the platform negotiation the Ea as the comentary 10point3 buy order when the order are type sell; and when the order is buy the Ea as the comentary 10point3 short order.

Best Regards

neta1o:

-neta1o

Hi neta1o, there is also a little bug here :

for(cnt=0;cnt<OrdersTotal();cnt++)

{

OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

if (OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber)

{

LastTicket=OrderTicket();

LastPrice=OrderOpenPrice();

LastLots=OrderLots();

if (OrderType()==OP_BUY)

{

Profit=OrderProfit();

lastType=1;

}

if (OrderType()==OP_SELL)

{

Profit=OrderProfit();

lastType=2;

}

OpenOrders++;

}[/PHP]

One cannot assume that the last opened order will always be the latest of the scan loop; this may not to be a problem in BT, but it could be when working on the terminal as the order depends of the sorted column of the trade tab.

An easy and safe way to check if the order is the last one is to compare the TicketNumbers.

Another mistake seems a bad computation of the total profit.

So I suggest something like this :

[PHP]

LastTicket = 0;

for(cnt=0;cnt<OrdersTotal();cnt++)

{

OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

if (OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber)

{

Profit += OrderProfit();

OpenOrders ++;

if(OrderTicket() > LastTicket)

{

LastTicket = OrderTicket();

LastPrice = OrderOpenPrice();

LastLots = OrderLots();

LastType = OrderType();

LastTime = OrderOpenTime();

}

}