MT4 Files Functions Replacement. - page 6

hey codersguru,

in your file functions DLL, the gFileRead function returns a pointer to a local buffer...

i think you need to make the buffer static so you're not returning a (potentially) dodgy pointer and then use critical sections to protect the buffer from multi-threading issues.

MS Visual C++ .DLL example project

Hello,

Is there an MS Visual C++ .DLL example project posted anywhere on this site?

I'd like to be able to successfully create a .DLL for MT4.

Thanks!

-charliev

charliev:
Hello,

Is there an MS Visual C++ .DLL example project posted anywhere on this site?

I'd like to be able to successfully create a .DLL for MT4.

Thanks!

-charliev

Hi charliev,

Please check this:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173113

You'll find a source code for a working dll!

codersguru:
Hi charliev,

Please check this:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173113

You'll find a source code for a working dll!

Thanks Codersguru!

I'll check it out.

-charliev

codersguru:
Hi folks, Any feedback please ?

hi codersguru another great work. been working on indicators outside MT4 and calling when needed like this i see complex systems could be developed great work again.

qwerty156:
hey codersguru,

in your file functions DLL, the gFileRead function returns a pointer to a local buffer...

i think you need to make the buffer static so you're not returning a (potentially) dodgy pointer and then use critical sections to protect the buffer from multi-threading issues.

qwerty156, I appreciate your feedback on this and effort to help me out. I had to shift gears and focus on some other work for a while, but now I'd really like to get back to this project. If you read my first post regarding these winsock questions, I admit that I am not a c++ programmer. I was able to solicit some help from a friend at first, and he came up with the source you have looked at. Unfortunately, he is no longer available.

Could you let me know if you are making any use out of this code, and possibly send me the compiled dll and any kind of sample of how you are using it? I have my own ideas, but would be interested in your thoughts.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm trying to run netcomm. Does anybody has a sample of MQL haw to call it. I mean some example of netcomm.mqh and netcomm.mq4. Thanks.

Michal

moved ....

Reason: