Trade on ... EAs - page 3

I am testing e-Friday and e_Monday EAs since since May 2006.

Please find updated statements attached.

Please read this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174416 (second page) to know where to get the statements from the beginning of the testing period.

Files:

As I understand your proposal is about trade on friday so I moved your post on this thread.

Trade-on-Friday EA already exists but without perding orders and 5 pips stop loss (many brokers are having limitation for stop loss value which should be more than 10 pips for example).

Trade-on-Friday EA:

M15 timeframe.

EURUSD, USDCHF

- e-Friday EA with backtesting results is here.

- e-Friday_v1 (new version) is here.

- original thread is here.

newdigital:
As I understand your proposal is about trade on friday so I moved your post on this thread.

Trade-on-Friday EA already exists but without perding orders and 5 pips stop loss (many brokers are having limitation for stop loss value which should be more than 10 pips for example).

Trade-on-Friday EA:

M15 timeframe.

EURUSD, USDCHF

- e-Friday EA with backtesting results is here.

- e-Friday_v1 (new version) is here.

- original thread is here.

Hi Newdigital:

The stoploss can put in 10 pips but the most important thing, for me, is the all stuff of pending orders.

Charritopemex

I am not a coder and can not code it for pending orders.

Besides ... it will take long time to test as EA is trading on Friday only ...

@ charritopemex

I don't understand what you're proposing with this system. Can you be more specific about your strategy? I could possibly code it if I could understand it

Z-

OK, never mind all the multiple pairs stuff.. what is the system doing? It seems that you are trying to open a trade at the end of the trading week (Friday), then close it after the Monday open, and have a profit.. Is that it? How do you know which way the market will 'gap' over the weekend? How close to the close on Friday can you take your opening position?

I don't understand at all what you're proposing to do with stoplosses, etc., either. Please give me a simple, clear, step-by-step description of exactly what the EA would do for a single currency pair. We'll worry about extending it to multiple pairs later.

Z-

I re-read your original post and I think I understand better...

Starting at 15 minutes before the close on Friday, you want to set a buy stop at 10 pips (or so) above the market and a sell stop at 10 pips (or so) below the market.

You want these entry stops to move with the market so that they will always be 10 pips on either side of the market. This means that the orders will not be triggered on Friday. When the market is closed, they will still be active pending orders.

On Monday, you expect the orders to be triggered when the market opens, then you want them to be closed 3 minutes later. This seems to be your plan... please correct me if I'm wrong.

If this is correct, I don't see how it would be profitable. If the market opens on Monday at 50 pips higher than the Friday close, your buy stop would be triggered, but you would receive the price the market opened at, not the one where your stop was placed. According to the broker, that price never existed. That means you would have missed your gap. The only profit (or loss) you would see would be from whatever price change occurred in the three minutes that the order was open. I can't imagine that is what you're looking for.

To get the value of the price gap over the weekend, you would need to have actual live orders in place before the close on Friday, not just active pending orders. That could be done, but again the question is how do you choose whether to buy or sell?

Z-

Reason: