10points 3.mq4 - page 282

testing with control points-be careful!!

hi master01

be very careful with testing in mode "control-points". its very unreliable.

I can tell u that in the last few days I checked an EA with "control-points" mode (because of some problem I hade with "every-tick") and I got 130K profit in 2 years. it lookd very promising...

but after I solved the problem, I made every-tick check, and got...loses!

So, be carful with that mode, its false especially in EA's with close TP. (that's the reason I asked u to put your tests here..)

all the best,

Joav

Hello

I know that backtests are some kind of suggestions, nothing more. But simplicity of 50 of RSI and 3 maxtrades, gives hope for positive foreward DEMO tests. Im testing foreward 2 days of demo.

I havent meant Holly Graal. I remeber rules that simulations and demo profits must be divided at least by 2.

master001

Here not there is nobody that ago making to turn in real or demo on the 24 hours? and the only method for knowing as it works. If someone ago writes here it turns out to you.

Fxao

Back again with a forward test of FXAO since the 7th July.

Showing good results still. My earlier results were in 100 pip increments and reflected a Value of $10 on the settings so I have changed that setting to $3 and now am looking for 30 pips. H4 Time Frame

Attached is the detailed statement for the entire testing period. Using an IBFX mini account with a .1 = 10c per pip start up unit size this EA has closed $168 profit.

John

Files:
fxao5.htm  33 kb
fxao5.gif  5 kb

FXA0 - Ladderv0.01

Had to test this so to give it a good work out I went with USDJPY EURUSD and GBPUSD. This is 24hrs and I've allowed decent available margin.

Could be onto something here?

yeoeleven:
Back again with a forward test of FXAO since the 7th July.

Showing good results still. My earlier results were in 100 pip increments and reflected a Value of $10 on the settings so I have changed that setting to $3 and now am looking for 30 pips. H4 Time Frame

Attached is the detailed statement for the entire testing period. Using an IBFX mini account with a .1 = 10c per pip start up unit size this EA has closed $168 profit.

John

Yeoeleven not, you have earned 168.28-11.49 (Open orders), but these EA in trend (as in these days) earn all. The problem is born when the market inverts or goes in lateral and closes the operations with loss. Until that the market always knows we will not know them if these EA work.

Kamick:
Yeoeleven not, you have earned 168.28-11.49 (Open orders), but these EA in trend (as in these days) earn all. The problem is born when the market inverts or goes in lateral and closes the operations with loss. Until that the market always knows we will not know them if these EA work.

Thanks everyone for continuing the forward tests

Agree with you completely Kamick, I'm working on finding indicators to detect market inverts sooner. Most indicators have a major lag.

-neta1o

Fxao

Kamick:

Kamick,

I agree with you but we can only forward test the conditions that prevail at the time.

I am testing to see how the EA will perform under whatever conditions come along, we now have learned much by forward testing and neta1o will no doubt be aware of your comments. We will learn more when the conditions change.

If you have any suggestions on how to overcome any potential problems please feel free to post them, we are here to help test and improve this very useful EA.

John

Excused I do not know to program, is possible to insert in the variable external of the Ladderv0.01JRSX the S.L.? I have tried to make it but not there are successful.

Hello neta1o

I have noticed that the most effective way of nonlagged filtering is trying to find proper settings on smaller timeframe then timeframe of trend catching.

None of trend following indicator is enough fast to really nonlagged filtering.

Eg. OSMA is very fast indicator, but it is very difficult to catch tops and bottoms of that indicator. Trying "to see" the long trends in the market gives more room to fight then trend reversals.

My experiments with other indicators on different timeframes with indictor of general timeframe very much lower profits.

The more additional filters the more difficult to balance loosing money. You must earn money to be enough rich for unintended losts of money.

I have also noticed that pair with xxxJPYxxx have much longer and smoother moves than xxxUSDxxx pairs. So we must realize that the most decreasing money thing is trend reversal. The more trend reversals the more occasions to loose money.

master001

Reason: