10points 3.mq4 - page 276

FXA0 - Ladderv0.01.mq4

neta1o,

thanks for this EA, as promised I have loaded it and will report its progress.

Loaded on to a EURUSD M30 chart with all default values it opened a long trade almost immediately. The platform is IBFX Mini and the account value is $250 the EA opened a trade at .1 lots.

Usually I have found GBPUSD to be a dangerous pair for 10p3, do you recommend giving this EA a good work out by adding that pair?

John

T3

Neta,

Always found this indicator helpful with short term direction.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Files:

FXA0 - Ladderv0.01.mq4

Very impressed so far.

Never had a 10p3 modification EA that when 9 pips down closed off and reopened in the other direction. This new EA is certainly different I can't comment about the coding but it is totally apart from the original base EA.

Early days but am keen to see how it eventually profits, will it include the previous loss into the progression or will it be considered as a bail out and the new progression start off with the second trade? Time will tell.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the heads up !

I'm locked and loaded.

Mark

yeoeleven:
neta1o,

Loaded on to a EURUSD M30 chart with all default values it opened a long trade almost immediately. The platform is IBFX Mini and the account value is $250 the EA opened a trade at .1 lots.

Usually I have found GBPUSD to be a dangerous pair for 10p3, do you recommend giving this EA a good work out by adding that pair?

John

Neta1o

neta1o:
Well here is the program entirely re-written. DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS LIVE.

You may demo trade if you wish. Basically, I rewrote the 10points3 code from scratch. I took out a lot and cleaned up the 10points3 code. I also added a new function called marketQuality. This is the basis of the entry and the exit of the program.

Right now I have a simple RSI script in there, but it clearly doesn't succeed. If any big runs happens it'll fail.

I plan on adding a lot of intelligence to this.

Test it out demo if you'd like and. Let me know what we can add or subtract.

What are some good indicators that are true to direction real time?

EDIT: This has no T/P or S/L because it uses indicators to open and close the orders.

I think to make a truly successful EA we'll need to make more of the variables dynamic. It needs to adjust with the market or it will always fail. The TakeProfit and the PipStep may need to be dynamic depending on the market volume and trade volatility. It would also probably make sense to program in a conservative money management so we can avoid having everyone tinker with the maxtrade variable. The maxtrade variable can then be dynamic based on account balance.

Please be so kind and send me your version to demo test it.

I can't open the version from the forum.

Neta, Yeo

Do you need to change anything to get it started on IBFX mini account?

What is mm= 0 means?

Please let me know.

nubika

No need to change anything and mm=money management, will use a ratio of your available account balance to open orders.

DO NOT USE THIS ON A LIVE ACCOUNT YET.

yeoeleven:
neta1o,

John

That would be fine. The lower time frame may cause a lot of whipsawing due to the constant change in signals. I usually use this on H4, but either way let me know how you make out. I'll be updating it soon.

retro, thanks for the indicator, I'll take a look at it.

Forward testing

neta1o:
That would be fine. The lower time frame may cause a lot of whipsawing due to the constant change in signals. I usually use this on H4, but either way let me know how you make out. I'll be updating it soon. retro, thanks for the indicator, I'll take a look at it.

neta1o

OK will change the time frame to H4 and add GBPUSD.

My first testing has not been a success, 10 trades have closed in loss and one in profit. They were alternate buy sell except for three buys in sequence.

Am posting the detailed statement for you to analyse. No doubt something easy like the wrong time frame being used.

John

Having just loaded GBPUSD I keep getting the following error code which keeps repeating.

2007.07.09 23:31:49 FXA0 - Ladderv0.01 GBPUSDm,H4: No market to open

Probably because the indicators are not in line to trade but 24 times in 2 minutes??

Files:
fxao.htm  14 kb
fxao.gif  5 kb

yeoeleven,

higher time frames are good for this indicator right now because the only signal it is using is the RSI.

RSI is not very good on short time frames. It tries to detect trend using RSI and makes trades in the same direction. If the RSI reverses, it closes all long trades and goes the other way.

This is very basic right now because I just wanted to get the shell working. I'm going to add a few more indicators to more intelligently determine the direction and reversals. Although, any live tests would certainly help.

Off to work for the day, will work on this more later.

P.S. Since this is using the martingale approach, you do have to give it room to work. You may want to start with a larger demo like $1000 or $5000

Reason: