10points 3.mq4 - page 274

Saintmo, that is one of the first things on my list to fix. Right now that is happening because it only decides which direction to go on the first entry. After that it just keeps going in the same direction and hoping for the best.

I'll be posting again soon...

neta1o:
Saintmo, that is one of the first things on my list to fix. Right now that is happening because it only decides which direction to go on the first entry. After that it just keeps going in the same direction and hoping for the best. I'll be posting again soon...

Okay. If that is the case, we will eleminate the PipStep, and open trade according to the next signal appear. Do you want that? Eg.

Buy 119.00 - 0.10 lot Buy signal(false signal)

Sell 118.40 - 0.20 lot Sell signal(false signal)

Buy 118.50 - 0.40 lot Buy signal(this time correct)

Price got up another 20pips, we close all positions

Is this the criteria? If yes, let me know, so we start working on this 1.

Regards

David

davidke20,

Hey David, thanks for looking into this.

Here is my thoughts so far...I think that if we eliminate the pipstep we'll loose some of the strength of 10points3 and martingale in its raw form. I'd instead like to use an indicator (or two/three) as a progressive signal to audit our position.

*note - I think the pipstep should be variable depending on the volatility of the market ATR etc...

Example if we get a signal to start going long for our first entry because the RSI was > 50 and the previous RSI was < 50, we enter at .1 lots. Depending on the volatility of the market our next pipstep may be 7, once that is reached we check our RSI to see if it is rising. If it is we put in our next buy at .2 lots.

If for some reason our RSI drops below 45 or some other value (I'm still brainstorming this) then we close all long positions and start our progression in the short direction .1 lots.

Thoughts?

EDIT: The more I think about it, dropping the pipstep may be a good idea. I'm worried that if we lock ourselves into a forced pipstep we may get caught over buying into bad positions (even with the audit using indicator above) since the pipstep is such a generic buying structure. Those sideways markets would kill us if we used the pipstep.

neta1o:
davidke20,

Hey David, thanks for looking into this.

Here is my thoughts so far...I think that if we eliminate the pipstep we'll loose some of the strength of 10points3 and martingale in its raw form. I'd instead like to use an indicator (or two/three) as a progressive signal to audit our position.

*note - I think the pipstep should be variable depending on the volatility of the market ATR etc...

Example if we get a signal to start going long for our first entry because the RSI was > 50 and the previous RSI was < 50, we enter at .1 lots. Depending on the volatility of the market our next pipstep may be 7, once that is reached we check our RSI to see if it is rising. If it is we put in our next buy at .2 lots.

If for some reason our RSI drops below 45 or some other value (I'm still brainstorming this) then we close all long positions and start our progression in the short direction .1 lots.

Thoughts?

EDIT: The more I think about it, dropping the pipstep may be a good idea. I'm worried that if we lock ourselves into a forced pipstep we may get caught over buying into bad positions (even with the audit using indicator above) since the pipstep is such a generic buying structure. Those sideways markets would kill us if we used the pipstep.

If you use indicator's signal, you cant use the pipstep(no matter you wanted to make it dynamic or what). Vice versa if you use the PipStep, when is the next progression then? The signal or the pipstep? I'm having a hard time to do this part too, if you wanted both, I'll be having trouble now because I dont know how to make it work, may be some other may help.

Regards

David

davidke20:
If you use indicator's signal, you cant use the pipstep(no matter you wanted to make it dynamic or what). Vice versa if you use the PipStep, when is the next progression then? The signal or the pipstep? I'm having a hard time to do this part too, if you wanted both, I'll be having trouble now because I dont know how to make it work, may be some other may help.

Regards

David

My idea is to use indicator signal for entry and to continually reference that indicator signal while in position to make sure we don't become victim of a hard run in the opposite directoin. If that indicator reaches a certain value in the opposite direction of our position we use that to close and cut losses (this is our fail safe to avoid those big killings from 10points3). We have to give it some room to work so it cannot be a simple "If the indicator is up we keep adding, if its down we close and switch...there has to be some padding to give it room to work"

By doing this we can still use the pipstep because if we enter a long according to our indicator and it turns short for a bit, we will add to our long position according to the pipstep, we wouldn't want to close and go short immediately. We have to establish a value in the short direction far enough away to give our EA room to work, but close enough to avoid the big dives.

I'm working on the code right now and I'll post it for you to take a look at soon. I think your input and anyone else who that wants to contribute will be extremely valuable.

Will be posting again soon.

Edit: Here is a small update to the code to create a better quality entry (see attached), although there is still no protection in this code. It picks direction at the beginning.

Files:

Alright, I've just about got a basic copy of the code working and I'll post it soon.

But I need your(anyones) help.

The extra volatile fast moving markets are killing this indicator because of the pipstep. If you get a 40+pip bar with a pipstep of 10, you could have 4 positions on that one bar. This is good, but most indicators lag a little and this move will happen way before the indicators get a chance to protect it.

Now I could increase the pipstep but that would make me loose a lot of the smaller profits I've won, and in those extra volatile markets it is not uncommon for 40-50pip moves in one bar.

What would be the best logic to use to make sure it doesn't buy or sell more than twice per bar? Will I need to use time for this?

Few stuff added:

Fully functional money management: Standards, Minies, NANO

StopNReverse funtion : Hope it works

Clean up codes on PipValue : So you no need to define the pip value yourself

Revised OrderstoProtect : More efficient!

Hope this help. I have no data to backtest, should you have it, please do it and feed back. Cheers

Regards

David

Files:

neta1o:
The extra volatile fast moving markets are killing this indicator because of the pipstep. If you get a 40+pip bar with a pipstep of 10, you could have 4 positions on that one bar. This is good, but most indicators lag a little and this move will happen way before the indicators get a chance to protect it.

Against the fast moving markets like news time, an idea I had sucessfully tried is just to have a fixed minimum time between two entries. The value of the next entry is not given by pipstep relative to the previous entry, but well by pipstep relative to the rate X minutes after the previous entry. By this way, the pipstep becomes dynamic following the instantaneous volatility.

Michel:
Against the fast moving markets like news time, an idea I had sucessfully tried is just to have a fixed minimum time between two entries. The value of the next entry is not given by pipstep relative to the previous entry, but well by pipstep relative to the rate X minutes after the previous entry. By this way, the pipstep becomes dynamic following the instantaneous volatility.

Added time filter as interval besides pipstep. Settings is in milliseconds.

Regards

David

Files:

davidke20:
Added time filter as interval besides pipstep. Settings is in milliseconds.

Regards

David

David,

I think it should be better to use something like this:

if (myOrderType==1 && ContinueOpening && TimeCurrent() > LastOpenTime + SleepTime)[/PHP]

with SleepTime in seconds.

The reasons to not use the Sleep() function are two: first, Sleep() does not work in backtester; and second, it's not a good idea to stop during this time the running of other parts of the EA like stops trailing.

Anyway, the instruction [PHP]if(Use_time_interval){Sleep(SleepTime);}

is not at the right place now, it should be in the OrderSend() block.

Reason: