10points 3.mq4 - page 17

10points 3

yeoeleven:
It is possible that your setting for the EA contradicts the minimum setting for the broker.

MetaTrader using InterBankFX allows .01 trades.

MetaTrader/SBFX using MoneyTec allows .1 as a minimum.

Use the dropdown price list on the order page, it will advise you of the broker's perameters.

saat2006,

this may answer your problem

John

What's the theory?

10points 3

My forward testing of this EA has been similar to furious_angel's.

After the first week a profit of $5853 after the EA was closed down for the weekend. That result was with the original settings using 40 pips TP and a MaxTrades of 10.

The second week was a scaled down result of $1727 profit after dropping the TP to 30 and the MaxTrades to 5.

The third week was affected after the platform denied access after 4 days so a finalised statement was not available but still showed a profit of $1549.

I will continue forward testing next week using NorthFinance as the broker.

John

Toccata:
What's the theory?

sorry, you will have to wait until i am done with next weeks test to see if my theory "pans out". hope you can wait that long..

Yeoeleven:

First thanks for posting your report on this method (however) again Detailed Statement 13.htm is somewhat misleading. In your post you claim Max Trades (5) however I see one JPY trade up to 12.80 units in which under Max (5) would have been up to 1.60, based on starting at 0.10. Then another Trade is GBP up to 6.40, which would have never happened if your rules would have been followed. These two show profits together of $1,757 +960 =$2,717 or in my opinion a loss for the week. Also Detailed Statement 18.htm has a JPY trade on 9/12 of 6.40 units with a profit of $1,358 which also would have never occured, so it's very hard to determine any profit if any for detailed statement 18.

I realize you stated you increased the lot's however in real Live trading would the average person bypass his own rules and take a real live chance increasing up to these many units, I think not. If I started with $5-7K I would make the Max of 5 Max trades, however in real live trading don't think anyone would have the gut's to increase the units, just my .02 cents.

In a lighter note I am going to test this EA DLMv1.3 which is attached its similiar to 10 points3

ran this last week had good profits but on Friday gave them back, I think this is a better EA but has more options. basically this EA is an update of 10points3, by the same author.

Files:
dlmv1.3.ex4  32 kb

I have done some backtest on the 10point3 EA and without stops, it will definitely empty your account sooner or later. You need to exercise some kind of stop loss mechanism.

10points 3

txsundevil:
Yeoeleven:

First thanks for posting your report on this method (however) again Detailed Statement 13.htm is somewhat misleading. In your post you claim Max Trades (5) however I see one JPY trade up to 12.80 units in which under Max (5) would have been up to 1.60, based on starting at 0.10. Then another Trade is GBP up to 6.40, which would have never happened if your rules would have been followed. These two show profits together of $1,757 +960 =$2,717 or in my opinion a loss for the week. Also Detailed Statement 18.htm has a JPY trade on 9/12 of 6.40 units with a profit of $1,358 which also would have never occured, so it's very hard to determine any profit if any for detailed statement 18.

I realize you stated you increased the lot's however in real Live trading would the average person bypass his own rules and take a real live chance increasing up to these many units, I think not. If I started with $5-7K I would make the Max of 5 Max trades, however in real live trading don't think anyone would have the gut's to increase the units, just my .02 cents.

In a lighter note I am going to test this EA DLMv1.3 which is attached its similiar to 10 points3

ran this last week had good profits but on Friday gave them back, I think this is a better EA but has more options. basically this EA is an update of 10points3, by the same author.

txsundevil,

In regard to the 13htm I answered that earlier in the thread after you previously made comment.

Also I discussed the JPY situation in 18htm whilst it was running and decided to allow the EA to increase.

I do agree that in a live situation it would be a risky move to allow the EA to increase but I was interested to see if it could regain profitability, it did and did not need the full 30 pips. Up to now in 3 weeks I have not had a trade that didn't close profitably but of course using a demo $25000 account is one thing and using $5000 of one's own money it totally another.

If I was to go live with this EA it would be with only one pair and the least volatile one at that.

If we are to restrict the EA to 5 trades we also would have to put in a stoploss, possibly 15 pips higher than the opening of the highest increment. Instead of opening another level the EA would close the pair.

I have been unable to use the ex4 file for DLMv1.3 Now that I am using a different broker I will try again but it appears that InterBankFX has limited the platform as I posted earlier in this thread.

Thank you for your comments and it is valid to say that if the EA had not been allowed to increase the overall position would be totally different.

John

Yeoeleven:

Try and run DLMv1.3, and compare it to 10points3 it is better and has more options as you stated early on in this thread USD/CHF has the least risk however it did get up to 3.20, which is higher again than 1.60, however that stop you receommended in the last post is excellent the least risk would be maximum trades (6) starting at 0.05 that's up to 1.60 (Micro-Lots) check out velocity4x and download the demo, they send you an email and you download the platform save it in a file and you can open up several platforms at once using different names, anytime you want for using the demo. In either case this is a very stressful EA that must be watched, these multiple lot's can put on a real strain if you have to manually take control at any point, however still testing nest week. hope to post a report at end of week.

Velocity4x

Thanks txsundevil,

I have downloaded velocity4x and although the DLM EA has a grey hat it still opens. Probably due to only having the ex4 file without the source code.

I now have started it as of Monday morning AUS EST and have it set for 5 trades,30 TP and 15 trailing stop.

I will close it when (if) the 5th increase hits 15 pips loss.

I am using 10points 3 on NorthFinance with similar settings but with a 7 MaxTrade.

InterBankFX will trade 0.01 and I have now set 10points 3 to trade with the following settings:- 5 trades,30 TP and 15 trailing stop. I will close it when the 5th increase hits 15 pips loss.

This will approximate a mini account and will indicate whether this EA is worth trading on a live mini account.

John

Reason: