11 Trader's sins! - page 2

trader1208:
I think on the first place is - not having a trade plan, but it's also very important to have patience, as we need it almost everywhere in our life!

Yes, very well said. Without patience, there is no point in trading!

OlisFX:
Among the list, what do you think is the biggest mistake a trader can do.

1. Not Having a Trade Plan...

2. Not Having Money Management...

3. Not Using Protective Stop Loss Orders...

4. Taking Small Profits and Letting Your Losses Run...

5. Overstaying Your Position...

6. Averaging a Loss...

7. Increasing Your Commitment with Success...

8. Over Trading Your Account...

9. Failure to Take Profits from Your Account...

10. Changing the Trade Plan Mid-Trade...

11. Not Having Patience

You can also add being too emotional because that could ruin everything in trading

SaamyT:
True! So been a human isn't good for trading.

It is alright to be emotional and human but you should know how to control your emotions and detach it from your business

Even a bad plan is better than no plan

OlisFX:

6. Averaging a Loss...

11. Not Having Patience

I'll go with the number 11. If you don't have enough patience then I think you wouldn't really survive in this business because Forex really takes time especially if you had just started learning the trade.

For me, it would be the tendency to overtrade. Forcing a trade rather than letting a favourable situation develop.

But truth be told I am no stranger to the other sins : )

Godrich

when us index or euro index move

you cannot control the price-next, you can only control the rate (slope) that you gain or loss when the index continue to move in that direction ---- and no matter you exit or Not, you will still have to acknowledge the new price, can't really put it aside

OlisFX:

6. Averaging a Loss...

11. Not Having Patience

For me, it's #2. even if you have a trade plan, if you don't know how to manage your money I am sure you will lose it. Because money management matters in trading and I think this is the best way to be a trader.

#5 overstaying your position

I don’t really think that it is a sin for a trader. Many people talked here about emotions and staying cool. So, this point, in my opinion unites directly with your emotions. If you won’t keep your position you will simply lose your money, or you will earn less money than you could. Trend always returns to its started position. Of course, you should have enough money for holding your position . That is why non-overstaying is a sin for a trader too.

jigsaw:
#5 overstaying your position I don’t really think that it is a sin for a trader. Many people talked here about emotions and staying cool. So, this point, in my opinion unites directly with your emotions. If you won’t keep your position you will simply lose your money, or you will earn less money than you could. Trend always returns to its started position. Of course, you should have enough money for holding your position . That is why non-overstaying is a sin for a trader too.

It is better to stay away from the Emotions for the Loss that could happen and the fact that many times we may tend to get into wrong side of the trades. So the best thing is to learn on managing the Emotions well.

Reason: