Well working Trading System ! - page 32

TrendEnvelopeExpert_V2.2 EA from the beginning of the testing period (since 19th of August 2007), M15 timerame (see settings on post #20):

EURUSD: -320 pips closed. +12 pips open.

GBPUSD: -43 pips closed. -54 pips opne.

USDJPY: +291 pips closed. +166 pips open.

USDCHF: -265 pips closed. +31 pips open.

So, no any conclusion yet as testing since 19th of August is not big period. Will test more.

-----------------

TrendStrengthExpert_v2 EA from the beginning of the testing period (since 02nd of September 2007), H1 timeframe:

EURUSD: +23 pips closed; -10 pips open now.

newdigital:
I don't know which EA you are testing: you said about TrendStrengthExpert_V2 and TrendEnvelopeExpert_V2.2 as well.

----------------

As to TrendEnvelopeExpert_V2.2. I am using my settings from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174793/page21

There are many possible setting of this EA and all of them you will find on post #20 of this thread together with the links to setinsg explanation.

ExitMode=1: it is exit on TrendStrength_v2 indicator.

If you have TS_TimeFrame=60 and TS_CurBar=1 so you will have exit on TrendStrength_v2 indicator on H1 timeframe close bar. It is big stop loss sometimes (sometimes more than 200 pips). Because as you understand it is MTF case: trading on M15 having stop loss on H1 close bar. H1 close bar is 1 hour. MTF case. Not bad but you may have some DD sometimes (drawdown).

If you have TS_TimeFrame=0 and TS_CurBar=1 so you will have exit on current (M15) timeframe close bar) and it is not big stop loss.

Sorry I don't know your setting.

My setting.

You will find it on the post #20 of this thread for 2.2 version.

I am having ExitMode=5. It is exit on all 3 indicators all together. Besides, TrendEnvelope was setted on current timeframe (TE_TimeFrame=0) - it means M15 in our case, AddSignal_v1 is on current timeframe as well (Add_TimeFrame=0) but TrendStrength is on H1 timeframe (TS_TimeFrame=60). And it is fully MTF case.

There is some thread in commercial section (don't want to promote, sorry) and they setted their exit in their different EA for monthly timeframe so can you imagine how big drawdown they may have sometimes? Of course my case (trading on M15 having exit on H1) is not that case. Different. And we are not having exit on MN1 timeframe. H1. But, anyway, MTF is MTF, you know ... Now I see one trade with -297 pips on USDCHF and not closing yet.

It was my setting.

If you have exit on TrendStrength_v2 indicator and this TrendStrength_v2 indicator in the EA's setting are on H1 timeframe so you are having exit on H1 timeframe.

If you are having ExitMode=1, trading on M15 and TrendStrength_v2 indicator is setted for H1 so you may have big stop loss.

My exit is combined: H1 together with current M15.

There are many other setting for 2.2 so you may use any.

-----------------------

TrendStrengthExpert_V2 EA.

I am testing it for EURUSD only.

It is not MTF case: all the indicators and exit are for current timeframe close bar. It means that I am testing on H1 chart, all the indicators are for H1 and exit on H1. Close bar. Very usual case. Not MTF case.

ExitMode=7. It is exit on AbsoluteStrength_v1.1 or VoltyChannel_Stop or TrendStrength indicators (depends on what is coming first.

Hi ND :

Thanks so much for your explaination. Now only I understand which part going wrong with my setting. Im testing TrendStrenghtExpert_V2 ea. But I cant find the set file and I dunno much about the setting there so I just load the setting of TrendEnvelopeExpert_2.2. So that mean I put a TrendEnvelopeExpert_V2.2 set file in my TrendStrenghtExpert_V2 ea.

Its mayb confusing but I wrongly put the set file. Mayb this caused the ea dont function properly. Beside that, I found out my TS_TimeFrame=43200. OMG, that mean Im trading on M15 but having stop loss on 1 month closed bar. Thats why my trade all dont close in lose for the past 2 weeks. This may burn my acc if the price continue to go against me.

ND, thanks for make me clear!

HongZai80:
Hi ND :

Thanks so much for your explaination. Now only I understand which part going wrong with my setting. Im testing TrendStrenghtExpert_V2 ea. But I cant find the set file and I dunno much about the setting there so I just load the setting of TrendEnvelopeExpert_2.2. So that mean I put a TrendEnvelopeExpert_V2.2 set file in my TrendStrenghtExpert_V2 ea.

Its mayb confusing but I wrongly put the set file. Mayb this caused the ea dont function properly. Beside that, I found out my TS_TimeFrame=43200. OMG, that mean Im trading on M15 but having stop loss on 1 month closed bar. Thats why my trade all dont close in lose for the past 2 weeks. This may burn my acc if the price continue to go against me.

ND, thanks for make me clear!

You may look at post #20 of this thread. I am collecting everything on this post. There is "3. Forward testing" and if you go to the link https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174793/page21 so you will see 2 EAs with my setting (default setting for every testing pairs).

Did you know the strength indicator is the QQE? (see attached)

Files:
qqe_1.mq4  4 kb

Cryten:
Did you know the strength indicator is the QQE? (see attached)

Yes as I already posted that indicator, looks like the one I got coded.

Please find updated statements for TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2 and TrendStrengthExpert_v2.

I can't find any MT4 indicators in this thread that come close to the VT QQE and Gann Hilo activator. (excluding the qqe I posted)

I'll see if I can pay to have these done. ciao

Cryten:
I can't find any MT4 indicators in this thread that come close to the VT QQE and Gann Hilo activator. (excluding the qqe I posted) I'll see if I can pay to have these done. ciao

This thread came from the image and words: "let's create the same as on the image ..." from the first page so Igorad created some indicators, EA and system was changed finally and developed and I don't think that it is connected with VT now.

As to Gann Hilo activator so there are many versions of Hilo activator everywhere. And it is the better to look at this thread from the beginning https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (post #1 and post #2 because there are some indicators similar with VT).

newdigital:
This thread came from the image and words: "let's create the same as on the image ..." from the first page so Igorad created some indicators, EA and system was changed finally and developed and I don't think that it is connected with VT now. As to Gann Hilo activator so there are many versions of Hilo activator everywhere. And it is the better to look at this thread from the beginning https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (post #1 and post #2 because there are some indicators similar with VT).

Thanks, I'm not dissing the programmers, an amazing job to create indicators just from a picture! I am impressed but as per my previous post I was hoping to find indicators cloned from Vt.

No offence intended

Really I've missed one more smoothing in the code of TrendStrength.

Version 2.2 should be identical with VT version.

Files:
Reason: