10points 3.mq4 - page 458

very good EA i made some backtesting with different smi settings some test jan 2009 until today 1 min timeframe eu-usd made 10 000 to 50 000 pretty good was only when i changed the smi settings the account survived. maybe less profitable but also less risky

Risk

I am using in a live accont

But I see that show a risk 0.1

The risk is of the balance?

If I start with 500 my risk is U$50.00?

daceterito:
I am using in a live accont

But I see that show a risk 0.1

The risk is of the balance?

If I start with 500 my risk is U$50.00?

Yes that should correspond to 10% risk, which is very high.

Be careful, if your account is 500, then check carefully the "lot increase" factor, you could burn your account in a couple of hours !

I think risk is working if mm = true and it is related to starting lot size

(I am using mm = false because I want for EA to start with 0.01).

So, if you are using mm = false - risk does not matter.

Risk

But If mm is false which is the risk ?10% or not?

If mm is false so risk is nothing.

no risk

As I understand - this risk is something about which lot size you are going to start martingale cycle.

I think - it is more safe to start it with 0.01 lot size (to be a progression simething as 0.01; 0.02 and so on). In this case - use mm = false.

--------

By the way, most metatrader accounts servived and I will update all the statements during the weekend.

thankl

I want to thank for their help and would like to share some of my humble knowledge also

I am from Brazil so I am using google translator

If it is not clear the translation can ask me again

I think it would be cool to put a factor of grid

For example instead of it always open with a fixed value in pips is the 20,30,40 etc.

It may be interesting

Put a factor on the grid or fixed value in pips

Must have a variable that can be placed on programming this value as a percentage (I do not know programming) so I'll help with ideas

In the example I give is 30%

Example if you put a grid factor of 30% in the next start with 20 pips will be 26 pips in the next 33.8 (34 pips) in the next 43,94(44 pips) ,next 57 pips

In the operation would look like to buy

EUR / USD without using grid

0.01 lot buy 1.3200

After 20 pips

0.02 lot buy 1.3180

After 20 pips

0.03 lot buy 1.3160

after 20 pips

0.05 lot buy 1.3140

after 20 pips

0.08 lot buy 1.3120

...etc

EUR / USD With grid ( I choose 30%)

0.01 lot buy 1.3200

after 20 pips

0.02 lot buy 1.3180

After 20 pips x 1.30=26 pips

0.03 lot buy 1.3154

After 26 pips x1,30=34 pips

0.05 lot buy 1.3120

After 34pips x 1.30= 44 pips

0.08 lot buy 1.3076

After 44 pips x 1.30=57 pips

0.13 lot buy 1.3019

...etc

What's the point?

Protect your account and can always open new business without spending all the bullets in the needle

If it happens quickly or drop a high quest he will continue to open operations without spending it all at once

What do you think?

Hi daceterito,

This kind of grid is used in non-martingale vertion of this EA (there are 2 kinds of settings of same version: martingale and non-martingale).

Martingale is understandable.

Non-martingale settings: the profit level is increased instead of lot size increated.

Both versions are profitable.

Minimum deposit size for martingale version is 2,000 (in case of trading USDJPY only).

Minimum deposit size for using non-martingale version is 500.

I will post all the statements during this weekend.

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA fixed version with settings for M1 timeframe, together with fixed indicators: download from this post.

Statements by pairs and visual statements are attached to this post (inside zip file).

M1 timeframe, FXCM broker.

===================

Some profit/loss in dollars from the beginning of trading since 14th of August:

EURCHF: 4431

EURJPY: 11460

EURUSD: 3955

USDCHF: 8126

USDJPY: 1624

====================

Some profit/loss in dollars for this week (in dollars):

EURCHF: 0

EURJPY: 543

EURUSD: 129

USDCHF: 111

USDJPY: 33

====================

Just some of the visual statements (from the beginning of the trading since 05th of August) - all visual statements - see zip file attached to the post:

USDCHF:

USDJPY:

All the statements (including Metatrader's statements by pairs, by pips and by dollars) - see zip/rar file attached.

----------

USDJPY is the best pair to trade: less risky, small drawdown and small maxmum lot size.

This pair made 80 pips this week by 2 trades: 0.01 lot size and 0.02 lot size, with very small drawdown.

And FXCM broker is better than Alpari for this EA. By the way - Alpari is also good

Some pairs are profitable in pips calculation. It means that it will be profitable in case of fix lot size with no any martingale.

Just about p/l in 4 digit pips since the beginning of the trading (14 august)

EURCHF: 3335

EURJPY: -2305

EURUSD: -1471

USDCHF: 1438

USDJPY: 1838

That's all news

===================

- 10points_3_Smi_Adj_TakeProfit EA is on this post. What this version is doing is using the pips setting, as Ea opens a buy trade, it goes aganist you 20 pips the Ea should open another trade, with a new take profit the original take profit + 20 pips to keep the original take profit,if it still goes aganist the original trade another 20 pips the Ea should open another buy but this time the take profit is same as original but +40 pips and etc.. By default the take profit is 10 pips and lot increase is also default at 1.

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post.

- EA is trading on 3,000 dollars initial deposit using stats website - read this post for results online.

- next version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post: changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

- 10points_3_Smi_1.3 EA is on this post. This is version 1.3 smi, the trailing stop and break even are separate also added a lot more safety features.

- non-martingale settings for 2 versions of the EAs with pre-set files and trading results - read this post;

- some other martingale settings for 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post.

- 10points_3_Easy EA is on this post. This version is using TDI, heiken ashi and by default 5 period high low ma.

- 10points_3_Easy-1 EA is on this post. This version is using different TDI indicator which seems to be better.

Files:

The other account for 10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA, FXCM broker, 2,000 dollar initial deposit.

Since 21st of November.

USDJPY only.

Martingale.

FXCM broker.

===================

- 10points_3_Smi_Adj_TakeProfit EA is on this post. What this version is doing is using the pips setting, as Ea opens a buy trade, it goes aganist you 20 pips the Ea should open another trade, with a new take profit the original take profit + 20 pips to keep the original take profit,if it still goes aganist the original trade another 20 pips the Ea should open another buy but this time the take profit is same as original but +40 pips and etc.. By default the take profit is 10 pips and lot increase is also default at 1.

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post.

- EA is trading on 3,000 dollars initial deposit using stats website - read this post for results online.

- next version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post: changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

- 10points_3_Smi_1.3 EA is on this post. This is version 1.3 smi, the trailing stop and break even are separate also added a lot more safety features.

- non-martingale settings for 2 versions of the EAs with pre-set files and trading results - read this post;

- some other martingale settings for 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post.

- 10points_3_Easy EA is on this post. This version is using TDI, heiken ashi and by default 5 period high low ma.

- 10points_3_Easy-1 EA is on this post. This version is using different TDI indicator which seems to be better.

Reason: