MakeGrid - page 7

Do you mind sharing your settings of the EA?

Hi Spider4896,

any update on your test result?

Do you mind sharing your settings of the EA?

Thanks a lot.

I noticed that the ea closed all positions last friday. Is this normal, and are you folks using this feature, or is it advantageous to manually close all positions on the friday? Thanks, Dustin

MakeGrid

What Is The meaning Of MakeGrid ????

who can sharing the last makegrid EA?

Would it be possible to program the grid to run in cycles? e.g. when total profit for a cycle is positive restart the grid at current price.

For example using usd/jpy set the center point to 105.67 using 10 pip steps you have the following levels :

1 - 105.57

2- 105.47

3 - 105.37

4 -105.27

5 - 105.17

Each level number corresponds to the number of orders we place at the respective level in the opposite direction. i.e. place buy limits on the negative side of the grid.

In this example price went to level 5 so we have the following negative positions:

1 lot x -40 = -40

2 lots x -30 = -60

3 lots x -20 = -60

4 lots x -10 = -40

1. The fifth level has 5 buys open and it retraces to level 4. We take profit for +50 and close the first level orders for -30 for a total of +20.

2. Price goes to level 3. Close the level 4 orders for +40 and level 2 orders which are now at -20. +20

At this point we've closed +40 pips and have 3 open orders at level 3. It may be appropriate to close the 3 orders at 0, reset the center point of the grid and reset the levels here. If we continue:

3. the prices goes back to level 4, 4 new buy orders are place, it goes back to level 3. The 4 orders close at +40, the level 3 orders are at 0 and close. +40

Files:
sep-poly_1.gif  20 kb

mGRID v7.0 Where is the Thread?

Hi,

i downloaded this EA somwhere on this forum but couldn't find the thread anymore.

Can somone please post where it is located? (have some questions about the EA settings)

thanks

freemenn:
Hi,

i downloaded this EA somwhere on this forum but couldn't find the thread anymore.

Can somone please post where it is located? (have some questions about the EA settings)

thanks

Sorry perhaps it is in the wrong forum...

hi,

i am currently demoing the "makegrid vers. 197"

Can somone please tell me settings to use? THere are so many as:

-------------------------------

GrideSizeBuy;

GrideSizeSell;

GrideSteps;

CloseOpenPositions;

do HouseKeeping;

keepOpenTimeLimit;

gridOffset;

logGridCenter;

shortGridCenter;

longGridLow;

longGridHigh;

shortGridLow;

shortGridHigh;

thanks a lot

Version 197

freemenn:
hi,

i am currently demoing the "makegrid vers. 197"

Can somone please tell me settings to use? THere are so many as:

GrideSizeBuy;

GrideSizeSell;

GrideSteps;

CloseOpenPositions;

do HouseKeeping;

keepOpenTimeLimit;

gridOffset;

logGridCenter;

shortGridCenter;

longGridLow;

longGridHigh;

shortGridLow;

shortGridHigh;

thanks a lot

V197 never operated for me. I did a source code text comparison with V193 and I don't see a compelling difference. Some indicator paramators were changed and a few lines of money management code were added. Enough to make it inoperable, anyway.

I'm not experienced enough a trader to appreciate the risk code, or critique it.

I did some grid trading around October. The problem with a static grid is the trend pummeling your margin. If your trading funds run out yet the market keeps trending, you're heading straight toward a margin call.

gsmfriend:
who can sharing the last makegrid EA?

The code needs more work. Some things aren't done properly, errors result, and the error handling code just aborts. You may see fewer orders than configured, or none at all.

freemenn:
Hi,

thanks

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179059

here that r

Reason: