SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert - page 20

SBS mini versions

Hi newdigital,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I've installed the new mini versions (v1.21) and will run them this week. I will let you know how they are working.

Best regards

Install 1.22 version with 1.21 settings.

Because 1.21 version had some bug ... do not remember which one ... anyway, 1.22 is better one. Same but bug free.

And check TimeZone settings in the EA (the time to place pending orders and to close profitable orders).

In my settings (Alpari rus broker. GMT+1) I am using TimeZone = 1. It means that at 1 am EA will close profitable trades and will place new pending orders.

TimeZone is very important parameter.

Or if you prefer to trade in intraday so check 1.23 version's settings (something with TimeZone as well).

Hi Newdigital,

OK, I will use v1.22 thanks again. I'll let you know how it's going.

Regards

SBS mini version results

Hi Newdigital,

v1.22 and v1.23 will not place pending orders. Tracert is in include folder, live trading is checked, time zones are set to broker time, happy face is on chart but they do not function. Both ea's will backtest successfully but not forward.

v1.21 (mini version) will place pending orders and open them when hit. On IBFX platform 0.01 lot size places order with pip value of $0.01 USD. This is strange as other ea's and manual trades of 0.01 lot size place orders of $0.10 pip value, which is normal. On FXDD platform v1.21 is placing pending orders and opening them ok. Pip value for 0.01 lot size returns orders for $0.10 USD, which is normal.

v.1.21 is not closing open orders at end of day (neither losing or profitable). This leaves the ea with no way to take a profit or stop a losing trade. (I'm not using trailing stop)

My results appear similiar to others in this thread (WNW and SuzanneFX). You seem to have no problems so it appears these ea's are not compatable with many platforms (brokers).

If one of the coders here could correct these problems this would be a good expert. As it stands now these ea's won't function as planned for me and for many others as well.

Perhaps igorad can help?

Best regards

All of those versions are for mini? 0.01 lot size?

Trading on account allowing to trade by 0.01 lot size?

To fix something it is necessary to understand the problem first.

Try to backtest the versions. If it is backtesting in the way you need (closing profitable trades and so on) so it will be forward tested in this way.

newdigital:
All of those versions are for mini? 0.01 lot size?

Trading on account allowing to trade by 0.01 lot size?

To fix something it is necessary to understand the problem first.

Try to backtest the versions. If it is backtesting in the way you need (closing profitable trades and so on) so it will be forward tested in this way.

Yes, all versions are for mini.

Yes, all accounts are mini accounts, FXDD and IBFX mini accounts.

However, I will reinstall new mini accounts from both brokers to confirm this. Both brokers list my server as "demo server" and not "mini demo server" so maybe there is some problem I am not aware of here. I will let you know if problem with lot size and $$ amount persists after new accounts are installed.

As for back testing and forward testing. Just now, On both IBFX and FXDD I back tested, on visual mode, for today (1-14-09). During this back test (mini v1.22 and v1.23) both brokers opened pending orders on GBPJPY but no trades were opened as buy/sell levels were not reached. However, in forward testing during the same time no pending orders were placed.

So, in back testing (visual mode) v1.22 and v1.23 will open pending orders but in real time forward test they will not. I will continue to test but there is a problem. Please help if you can.

v1.21 continues to open pending orders on both platforms. Today IBFX and FXDD both closed a GBPUSD open trade that was open for two days. The trade was in profit. Also, a EURUSD open trade, also open for two days, was closed at +/- 1 pip profit. New pending orders were placed for both pairs when the trades were closed.

v1.21 seems to be functioning. I will continue to forward test and let you know what happens.

Do you have any thoughts as to why v1.22 and 1.23 do not function in forward testing?

I remember when I attached EA (SBS any version) to the chart so EA did not trade for at least 2 days. Because of some calculation, or EA is using some data from previous days ... do not remember now. But you can find my very old post in this thread where I was talking about it: when we attach SBS EA to the chart so it will start to trade at least on second day (or 3rd).

Mini account ... I mean 0.01 lot size. Not EURUSDm. Just 0.01 lot size only.

If you will still have the problem so we may ask Igorad to check those mini versions for possible bugs.

OK, I will leave v1.22 and v1.23 attached to charts. Hopefully they will begin to work. I'll keep you posted as the days progress. My journal states that these versions were "loaded successfully" and all settings seem to be correct but no pending orders so far.

v1.21 is placing pending orders and will open them when hit within a minute or two after loading. The problem seems to be with v1.22 and v1.23.

I must apologize for giving you wrong information about my FXDD account. It is not a mini account but a standard account which explains the difference in pip value from my mini IBFX account.

I should have caught the error. I was expecting a mini account to test this ea. Sorry for the confusion.

I will look up your old post concerning delays in trading these ea's.

I hope igorad can fix whatever is preventing them from trading.

Regards

I will look at 1.22 and 1.23.

Because I used 1.23 for the long time (forward testing) and wanted to go live with it so 1.23 must work.

Anyway, I will look at 1.22 and 1.23 because I am planning to attach all elite section EAs with the RAS.

May be, you are using same Metatrader for all the versions?

May be you are using different versions with same magic number?

Because it should not be mistake in coding ...

Reason: