Price Value of a good expert advisor - page 2

oilfxpro:

The better EAS are used for running managed accounts and are not sold

it is exactly what I said

How can you put prices as high as some of you speak of on something that has 0 guarantee of profitability in the future. Any trader knows that past profits mean very little as just about every EA or system can work great in specific kind of market. Market changes, and EAs become garbage. These prices you talk about might be ok in perfect world that none of us live in. Better and Bogieatc2007 are nice example of it. As far as i know after their stunning performace in ATC2007, with changed market in 08 they are not doing too good.

oilfxpro:
Jlpi

The better EAS are used for running managed accounts and are not sold

OILFXPRO

Exactly, and its quite obvious why thats the case, and why it will always remain the case, and why EA's are worth only a few dollars.

I have a simple moving average expert advisor that trades the EURUSD pretty well.

In a 10 year back test on a $50,000 account it made over $11,000,000 (the ea uses risk management which increases the lot size as the account balance increases...so once it was in the millions it was using over $1000 a pip etc., but some brokers won't let you bid that high).

But EURUSD was trading different from 2001 - 2006. Not until after 2006 did the huge trends really start to kick in on EURUSD. Before that the EA did nto pick up too many trends on EURUSD. I was also using a huge risk, but it survived.

So with this ea the ea does not necessarly stop working. But if a currency pair that was once often trending, and then moves into a up and down ranging market for years, the ea will work better on another currency pair that trends more often.

I did the test on a daily chart. It also works really well on the h4 and h1 charts and I have different set files for them.

It works really well because it has a pending order option which you can turn on and place the pending order X pips above or below the sma. This filters out a lot of ranging and saves you a lot of losses, and picks up a lot of the trends.

So some ea's are worth it. Maybe the more simple the better and the longer lasting.

Reason: