Firebird v63G - page 12

babarmughal:
Are you running this EA 24 hours or on speciall Hours ?????

Thanks

Babar

Babar,

Right now it is 24 hours. The "OpeningHour" and "ClosingHour" inputs only control the "bad hours" comment, not trading time. And this is only so, if you have commented out the "SetupGlobalVariables();" line. If not, there are hour sets for other pairs in the programmme.

Wackena

Wackena:
Babar,

Right now it is 24 hours. The "OpeningHour" and "ClosingHour" inputs only control the "bad hours" comment, not trading time. And this is only so, if you have commented out the "SetupGlobalVariables();" line. If not, there are hour sets for other pairs in the programmme.

Wackena

so you're saying there is a way to get rid of the "bad hours"? because i had it running fine and now I keep getting this error.

lonespruce:
so you're saying there is a way to get rid of the "bad hours"? because i had it running fine and now I keep getting this error.

lonespruce,

In the input, set StartingHour=0 and ClosingHour=24.

In the source programme, put comment marks // in front of "SetupGlobalVariables();" line, which is up near the start of the programme.

Wackena

Hello - out of interest

How are your M1 settings handling the market conditions ?

I got stopped out on a 2 USD/CAD trades initiated in the morning 03:30 & 08:00 and a USD/JPY initiated at 21:10....

Files:

npj6400:
Hello - out of interest

How are your M1 settings handling the market conditions ?

I got stopped out on a 2 USD/CAD trades initiated in the morning 03:30 & 08:00 and a USD/JPY initiated at 21:10....

Severe trending can make good profits, but can also lose several trades in a row. 1230 GMT (0830 EST in US) is a time to watch,

My tp=20 and sl=120, so the EA needs to have 6 winners to 1 loser just to break even. Since running these settings, in Demo forward testing and Live account, the average has been rangiing from 24 to 55 winners to each loss. One winning streak was 74 in a row. From June 11 to present time on Live account, 32 winners - 1 loser and last 25 closed trades are winners

As we know, no EA has a no lose guarantee. My live account is a Mini-account with lots=0.01. So even if the EA bombs out over time, I will not have a big "OUCH". If it performs well over the next several months, I will increase lot size accordingly.

Settings

MA_length=10

MA_timeframe=15

MAtype=0

Percent=0.05000000

TradeOnFriday=1

slip=100

Lots=0.01000000

TakeProfit=20

Stoploss=120

Fast_Period=23

Fast_Price=1

Slow_Period=84

Slow_Price=1

DivergenceLimit=0.00200000

Use_V63D_Divergence=0

PipStep=40

IncreasementType=0.00000000

DVLimit=10

PipsGoal=500

PipsLoss=500

GMT=0

DST=0

OpeningHour=0

ClosingHour=24

writelog=0

Wackena

TF Setting within Firebird

I have Firebird v63g with tf=15. When backtested on M1 period, I get very good results. When backtested at period M15, I get very poor results. Is there something in the strategy tester that allows period selection to override or at least effect test results. If this is is happening in strategy tester, does it also happen in forward testing or Live.

Or, could it be that TF=15 is specified within the programme, but not correctly implemented as the programme runs.

Wackena

Wackena:
I have Firebird v63g with tf=15. When backtested on M1 period, I get very good results. When backtested at period M15, I get very poor results. Is there something in the strategy tester that allows period selection to override or at least effect test results. If this is is happening in strategy tester, does it also happen in forward testing or Live.

Or, could it be that TF=15 is specified within the programme, but not correctly implemented as the programme runs.

Wackena

Hi Wackena!,

Nice to see that you are still testing Firebird. Very weird this difference in back testing because I was told that this EA was hard coded for TF=30! I think we need a programmer who wants to rebuild this version of Firebird and give some explanation about some settings. I'm still trying to find the most profitable settings. I like your settings. Will post my results soon.

Hendrick:
Hi Wackena!, Nice to see that you are still testing Firebird. Very weird this difference in back testing because I was told that this EA was hard coded for TF=30! I think we need a programmer who wants to rebuild this version of Firebird and give some explanation about some settings. I'm still trying to find the most profitable settings. I like your settings. Will post my results soon.

Hello Hendrick,

I started a Demo forward testing on a M15 Chart to compare with my Live acct where I have it on M1. Will advise results. I look forward to seeing your results.

This EA may prove in the future to be dangerous , but lately it is really working well. Since last loser, I now have 34 straight winners on Live acct. And since Sunday June 11 on Live acct, 54 closed trades-52 winners.

Wackena.

In order to potentially minimize losses you might consider a trading tactic for example 1. whenever I get 5 losers in a row I will switch to a demo account and watch the demo until the market shifts 2. or 5 out of 7 trades are losers then switch from live to demo until you get 5 winners in a row and reopen your live account. That way you MIGHT be able to minimize losses even if you are minimizing potential wins at the same time. This would simply be an alternative to sitting and idling watching loss after loss occur and hoping that the market will change, instead simply demo it until price action itself tells you that the marktet has shifted and your newly closed trades start to show the market adjustment. Just some thoughts.

Wackena:
Hello Hendrick,

I started a Demo forward testing on a M15 Chart to compare with my Live acct where I have it on M1. Will advise results. I look forward to seeing your results.

This EA may prove in the future to be dangerous , but lately it is really working well. Since last loser, I now have 34 straight winners on Live acct. And since Sunday June 11 on Live acct, 54 closed trades-52 winners.

Wackena.

Side-By-Side Testing

This is only a short term observation. Yesterday, I started another Demo to run side-by-side with may existing Live acct. Both have same settings on eur/usd, gbp/usd, usd/jpy & usd/chf charts. My Live account already had 5 open trades when i started the Demo. Overnight, the Live acct had 4 closed trades (all winners) and Demo had 9 closed trades (all winners). My Live acct was most of the time involved in averaging existing trades with more PipStep trades, while my Demo did not have any PipStep trades overnight.

lonespruce's comments on manually working trades, when needed, may allow EA to generate improved profits. Whether this is true, most likely would depend on current market activity level.

Just some observation and thoughts.

Wackena

Reason: