New Firebird EA - page 14

just started testing on those 3 pairs now per your suggestion. gbpusd was being so baddly hammered. can you paste a detailed report of your trades on those 3 pairs?

Well your pipstep is set to 200 so you won't get many trades.

Mike4x.

NO LIVE TRADING for my system

Hello, I used Firebird 1.0c without the automatic stoploss/take profit level.

I found some very profictable parameters :

MA_length=3

MA_timeframe=5

MAtype=1

Percent=0.05000000

TradeOnFriday=1

slip=90

UseMM=0

Risk=5.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

TakeProfit=20

Stoploss=15

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxOpenOrders=2

MinMarginLevel=100.00000000

Fast_Period=23

Fast_Price=1

Slow_Period=84

Slow_Price=1

DivergenceLimit=0.00200000

Use_V63D_Divergence=1

PipStep=200

IncreasementType=0.00000000

DVLimit=10

PipsGoal=500

PipsLoss=500

GMT=0

DST=0

OpeningHour=8

ClosingHour=19

writelog=0

The main point is that I use MA type 1 (based on previous day high/low), a shorter moving average period, low s/l t/p, maximum 2 open positions.

I backtested this strategy for the last six months, and it showed me (on minilots - 0.1) an incredible 5663,10 eur profit for EUR/USD and 2551,46 eur for USDCHF.

It would be nice if someone will start forward testing with my parameters,

since they seem a money making machine...! Let me know your profits with my trading system.

Best Regards,

Salvatore Novello

-forex trader-

Hi guys,

Running this today on GBPUSD hasn't been very productive, but worse is that I keep getting an alert window popping up with 'excessive loss'.

Anyone know what this is supposed to mean and how I can turn it off?

Thanks,

G-Man

mine did same thing!! not sure what it means either. i just open editor, searched for excessive, and put // in front of that line to comment it out. see what others say about it first though but still seems to run fine for me.

cturner:
mine did same thing!! not sure what it means either. i just open editor, searched for excessive, and put // in front of that line to comment it out. see what others say about it first though but still seems to run fine for me.

Thats what I did as it didn't seem to have any code in that line that would affect the way it trades.

Much better now it is quiet and cable has popped up a but!!

G-Man

Can you post your statement for forward testing these new parameters?

schietto:
Hello, I used Firebird 1.0c without the automatic stoploss/take profit level.

I found some very profictable parameters :

MA_length=3

MA_timeframe=5

MAtype=1

Percent=0.05000000

TradeOnFriday=1

slip=90

UseMM=0

Risk=5.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

TakeProfit=20

Stoploss=15

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxOpenOrders=2

MinMarginLevel=100.00000000

Fast_Period=23

Fast_Price=1

Slow_Period=84

Slow_Price=1

DivergenceLimit=0.00200000

Use_V63D_Divergence=1

PipStep=200

IncreasementType=0.00000000

DVLimit=10

PipsGoal=500

PipsLoss=500

GMT=0

DST=0

OpeningHour=8

ClosingHour=19

writelog=0

The main point is that I use MA type 1 (based on previous day high/low), a shorter moving average period, low s/l t/p, maximum 2 open positions.

I backtested this strategy for the last six months, and it showed me (on minilots - 0.1) an incredible 5663,10 eur profit for EUR/USD and 2551,46 eur for USDCHF.

It would be nice if someone will start forward testing with my parameters,

since they seem a money making machine...! Let me know your profits with my trading system.

Best Regards,

Salvatore Novello

-forex trader-

Using ATR Stop

This is a good EA, but I wondered, since I am using Version 'c' at the moment which varies the parameters automatically, has anybody looked at incorporating the ATR or Volatility Stop into this dynamic code.

Or, has anybody actually looked at adjusting the SL according to the strength and direction of the divergence. We have a divergence filter that stops us entering in a trending market, but there is not filter to pull us out if the trend suddenly and agressively goes against our countertrend open position.

Just some thoughts really.............

Rogerha - I think that is a good idea. I have been running this EA since yesterday morning against 2 different brokers (FXDD and Fibo - both are demo) using the M5 and M15 tf's. This morning when I woke I noticed the M5 account was up about 160 pips, but profit was down about 200 for open trades. It appears it is retracing so there is a chance I'll come out ok, but there was a spike some time this morning. It is the spikes that it doesn't do well on. So would incorporating your suggestion protect us against spikes? I see that different than a trend, but addressing trends is important as well.

Holyguy7 - your thoughts?

rogerha:
This is a good EA, but I wondered, since I am using Version 'c' at the moment which varies the parameters automatically, has anybody looked at incorporating the ATR or Volatility Stop into this dynamic code.

Or, has anybody actually looked at adjusting the SL according to the strength and direction of the divergence. We have a divergence filter that stops us entering in a trending market, but there is not filter to pull us out if the trend suddenly and agressively goes against our countertrend open position.

Just some thoughts really.............

this ea isn't good in news weeks like 1st week of each months

I run it a day after US interest rate statement.

Reason: