Firebird v63G - page 7

pete7:
gbolla stop spamming around!

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174149/page3

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174149/page3

and my reply to it : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174149/page3 .

Read it SEVERAL times and remember it!

P7

I second that Pete!!

The continuing story of Firebird

Hi guys!

Please show me some statements! Tomorrow I will post my latest statement for Firebirdv063G. Another thing for tomorrow: watch the results for the "Non Farm Payrolls" figures. This will make a lot of spikes (Firebird loves spikes)! Until now the best pairs to trade (I think) are: EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF and EURCAD. EURAUD and AUDUSD are losers!. If I have the time I will study next week every trade that was made to determine the right settings. If you discovered profitable settings please post them! Keep on trying guys!!

Hendrick:
Hi guys! Please show me some statements! Tomorrow I will post my latest statement for Firebirdv063G. Another thing for tomorrow: watch the results for the "Non Farm Payrolls" figures. This will make a lot of spikes (Firebird loves spikes)! Until now the best pairs to trade (I think) are: EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF and EURCAD. EURAUD and AUDUSD are losers!. If I have the time I will study next week every trade that was made to determine the right settings. If you discovered profitable settings please post them! Keep on trying guys!!

Hi Hendrick....

I would like to parellel test with you... Can you provide your most recent settings as it pertains to your BEST PAIRS recommendation

Thanks

MarvinSk:
Hi Hendrick....

I would like to parellel test with you... Can you provide your most recent settings as it pertains to your BEST PAIRS recommendation

Thanks

Hi Marvin!

Until now I'm testing all pairs. I think the following pairs are the most suitable for this version of Firebird: EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF and EURCAD. I'm still using the settings I've posted in my previous posts.

RJ1:
I have created a new demo account at North Finance (GMT+2) and will start forward testing the settings Hendrick suggested. I will post results soon. Please be informed that I made one modification to the settings, that is the OpeningHour and ClosingHour. Instead of following Hendrick's suggestion, I put 0 and 23. Anyway, attaching the EA to the chart, it says "Bad Hours". When I checked the code, "Bad Hours" is when the time is not between OpeningHour and ClosingHour, BUT in my case, the time is 22:00 (20GMT plus 2 NorthFinance). Why is the "Bad Hours" message appeared? Somebody please help..

In the mean time (until Bad Hours resolved), I will continue forward testing 065tf..

-RJ1-

Put 0 and 24, it works, I did it myself

Statement

Since 2 days. Netto USD profit for today only USD250, but there was a big loss EURAUD -> USD900. Hendrick also mentioned this pair as a losing one. I agree - for this moment only this pair hit a S/L. I will be still testing this pair in the longer run.

IMHO pairs that have future: gbpusd, eurusd, usdchf, eurcad, usdjpy, cadjpy.

I am testing all the pairs with the same settings (in attachement). I encourage everyone to forward test this promising EA. And pls post your statements with your opinion and short description! Only this way we can apply optimal settings with each pair to increase profits.

v63G

hi all,

i'm running v63G and i have a quick question to you "gurus" out there:

around line 240 in the source code, within the SetupGlobalVariables() function, the setting are being altered according to the currency pair and the timeframe used.

do you guys bypass the function call or do you change the settings whereever needed and not just by loading the .SET file?

AZBOfin

WodzykFX:

i was checking out your settings as posted above.

do you get different results with MAType=1 instead of MAType=0 ?

AZBOfin

AZBOfin:
WodzykFX:

i was checking out your settings as posted above.

do you get different results with MAType=1 instead of MAType=0 ?

AZBOfin

Hi AZBOfin

As you see I am using MAType=1. From yesterday I am also trying with MAType=0. The author of EA writes: "Type 0: More less certain trades.

Type 1: Little less trades that are more certain. With better potential for trailing stops". But I got something opposite. I have more trades with 1 so on. With 0 parameter I got only 2 trades on 4 major pairs.

Reason: