Firebird v63G - page 9

Statement

No worries Hendrick. I keep on testing the system - for 7 and 15 pairs. I think that big news can kill this system sometimes, so we should put a time filter to no let the system trade during important events, like on last Friday. We will never be sure the price will reverse and hit T/P someday. Instead of this we should allow Firebird to trade from band to band during more quiet times and take small, but frequent profits. Just an idea. What do you think?

WodzykFX:
No worries Hendrick. I keep on testing the system - for 7 and 15 pairs. I think that big news can kill this system sometimes, so we should put a time filter to no let the system trade during important events, like on last Friday. We will never be sure the price will reverse and hit T/P someday. Instead of this we should allow Firebird to trade from band to band during more quiet times and take small, but frequent profits. Just an idea. What do you think?

Hey Wodzy,

I agree with the time filter... I posted a simialar request in another post...

I am testing a few EA and I notice that during the New York hours you may not want your EA to be active.... Even on a non big event day

The overnights seem to produced some significant gains... 0400GMT to 1100GMT

Thanks

Marv

Wackena:
Am I correct in Firebird v63G that no matter what you setup in the inputs for Percent, TradeOnfriday, slip, PipStep, IncreasementType, DVLimit, OpeningHour and ClosingHour, it gets overwritten by the "case" statements within the programme for EUR/USD, GBP/USD, EUR/CHF?

Where can I find more information on using this "case" function and within this programme, how is the "case" number generated?

Thanks in advance,

wackena

I think I understands the same as Wackena. Can somebody with in depth knowledge confirms this? Anyway, how did Hendrick and the others are testing this EA with different settings if it is overwritten by this case function? To disable the case function, just comment out the SetupGlobalVariables() calls in the Main Program Loop atthe start of the EA code and recompile.

As of the case numbers, it is the Magic Number, generated from a function MagicfromSymbol() in the code.

-RJ1-

Statements

Again for 7 pairs -> 3 days of trading; and 15 pairs.

I think that RJ1 and Wackena can be right about global settings for Firebird. This EA takes positions the way that I do not always understand. I am not a programmer [not yet, hopefully I will learn MQL] so I am asking somebody initiate to help us solving the issue.

WodzykFX:
Again for 7 pairs -> 3 days of trading; and 15 pairs. I think that RJ1 and Wackena can be right about global settings for Firebird. This EA takes positions the way that I do not always understand. I am not a programmer [not yet, hopefully I will learn MQL] so I am asking somebody initiate to help us solving the issue.

Wodzy please post your most recent settings file

Thanks

Settings

MarvinSk:
Wodzy please post your most recent settings file Thanks

Here you go...

Files:

Firebird EA

Good evening all. FIRST POST HA HA. I am a pattern day trader for 10 years and have picked up the FOREX CRACK PIPE SINCE APRIL. Needless to say we are addicted TA addicts on USD/JPY. I used the Firebird EA and had to modify the code past the three hundred pip ratio (GRUESOME).

It works on other currency pairs usually when the 100 -200 or 50 -100MA's are crossing on obscure pairs. Thank you for this EA as I have been tweaking it and dusting off the programing cobwebs from college.

Thank you again for your support. If you are a stock trader keep in touch.

Ciao

GRPIII

Your post made me chuckle, thanks for the laugh! And Welcome to the forum.

gprioleau:
Good evening all. FIRST POST HA HA. I am a pattern day trader for 10 years and have picked up the FOREX CRACK PIPE SINCE APRIL. Needless to say we are addicted TA addicts on USD/JPY. I used the Firebird EA and had to modify the code past the three hundred pip ratio (GRUESOME).

It works on other currency pairs usually when the 100 -200 or 50 -100MA's are crossing on obscure pairs. Thank you for this EA as I have been tweaking it and dusting off the programing cobwebs from college.

Thank you again for your support. If you are a stock trader keep in touch.

Ciao

GRPIII

WodzykFX:
Again for 7 pairs -> 3 days of trading; and 15 pairs. I think that RJ1 and Wackena can be right about global settings for Firebird. This EA takes positions the way that I do not always understand. I am not a programmer [not yet, hopefully I will learn MQL] so I am asking somebody initiate to help us solving the issue.

Hi WodzykFX,

Nice profit especially in 7-pairs. One question, did you comment out the SetupGlobalVariables() calls in the Main Program Loop at the start of the EA code? If not, perhaps the internal setting override your settings. So, which settings were actually in effect that produced that nice result you posted?

Why not forward testing this EA by commenting out the SetupGlobalVariables() call at line 103 of the EA? This is confusing, anybody can confirm this? Thanx!

-RJ1-

RJ1:
Hi WodzykFX,

Nice profit especially in 7-pairs. One question, did you comment out the SetupGlobalVariables() calls in the Main Program Loop at the start of the EA code? If not, perhaps the internal setting override your settings. So, which settings were actually in effect that produced that nice result you posted?

Why not forward testing this EA by commenting out the SetupGlobalVariables() call at line 103 of the EA? This is confusing, anybody can confirm this? Thanx!

-RJ1-

Hi RJ1. I am using Firebird with no changes to it. So I didn't comment SetupGlobalVariables() function. Anyway because of it seems this function doesnt allow to put our own parameters to this EA while attached to the chart. Can any PROGRAMMER look at the code of this EA, look at 103 and 238 lines and approve[or not] our way of thinking? EA attached

Files:
firebird63g.mq4  26 kb
Reason: