Firebird v63G - page 6

Forward statement

As promised, my first forward test of this EA just for today

Files:

Settings?

WodzykFX:
As promised, my first forward test of this EA just for today

Hi WodzykFX!!

Can you show me your settings? (and pairs)

Settings and pairs...

Hi Hendrick.

I am using your settings just to see how they will go; anyway find it attached. I am trying it on these pairs to see which are the best in the longer run:

EURUSD

GBPUSD

USDCHF

AUDUSD

EURAUD

EURCAD

USDJPY

USDCAD

NZDUSD

EURJPY

GBPCHF

EURCHF

CHFJPY

AUDJPY

CADJPY

I've just started a fresh demo with your newest suggestions. Will keep you informed with statements.

Files:

WodzykFX:
Hi Hendrick.

I am using your settings just to see how they will go; anyway find it attached. I am trying it on these pairs to see which are the best in the longer run:

EURUSD

GBPUSD

USDCHF

AUDUSD

EURAUD

EURCAD

USDJPY

USDCAD

NZDUSD

EURJPY

GBPCHF

EURCHF

CHFJPY

AUDJPY

CADJPY

I've just started a fresh demo with your newest suggestions. Will keep you informed with statements.

Great! Love to see your statements. If you want to see "The News" that could cause spikes ( and will feed Firebird!) go to:

http://www.forexfactory.com/index.php?page=calendar

Have fun!

Hendrick:
Some thoughts about Firebird:

What I like most about Firebird is the concept. Looking for spikes and jump in when there is a correction (most of the time). A lot of spikes are caused by “The News”. That’s the time that most of the EA’s will fail. But not Firebird (again, most of the time)!

Most important setting i.m.o is “Percent”. Too low and it will buy like hell, too high and you will see no trades at all (Percent will affect the distance between the upper and the lower envelope. Put the Firebird indicator to your charts and you will see what I mean) . I’m now using “Percent=0.16” for all the pairs. The following settings seem to work best for these pairs (thanks to previous testers):

EURUSD

MA_length=18

MAtype=0;

Percent=0.15

TradeOnFriday=1;

slip=100;

TakeProfit=30

Stoploss=300;

PipStep=5;

IncreasementType=0.0;

DVLimit = 8

OpeningHour = 6

ClosingHour = 14

GBPUSD

MA_length=18;

MAtype=0;

Percent=0.25;

TradeOnFriday=1;

slip=100;

TakeProfit=30;

Stoploss=100;

PipStep=5;

IncreasementType=0.0;

DVLimit = 8

OpeningHour = 7

ClosingHour = 15

EURCHF

MA_length=18;

MAtype=0;

Percent=0.1;

TradeOnFriday=1;

slip=100;

TakeProfit=10;

Stoploss=300;

PipStep=7;

IncreasementType=0.0;

DVLimit = 6

OpeningHour = 6

ClosingHour = 14

Who is willing to start a fresh demo-account with these settings and keep us informed about the results?? Any comment about Firebird is more than welcome!

I have created a new demo account at North Finance (GMT+2) and will start forward testing the settings Hendrick suggested. I will post results soon. Please be informed that I made one modification to the settings, that is the OpeningHour and ClosingHour. Instead of following Hendrick's suggestion, I put 0 and 23. Anyway, attaching the EA to the chart, it says "Bad Hours". When I checked the code, "Bad Hours" is when the time is not between OpeningHour and ClosingHour, BUT in my case, the time is 22:00 (20GMT plus 2 NorthFinance). Why is the "Bad Hours" message appeared? Somebody please help..

In the mean time (until Bad Hours resolved), I will continue forward testing 065tf..

-RJ1-

RJ1:
I have created a new demo account at North Finance (GMT+2) and will start forward testing the settings Hendrick suggested. I will post results soon. Please be informed that I made one modification to the settings, that is the OpeningHour and ClosingHour. Instead of following Hendrick's suggestion, I put 0 and 23. Anyway, attaching the EA to the chart, it says "Bad Hours". When I checked the code, "Bad Hours" is when the time is not between OpeningHour and ClosingHour, BUT in my case, the time is 22:00 (20GMT plus 2 NorthFinance). Why is the "Bad Hours" message appeared? Somebody please help..

In the mean time (until Bad Hours resolved), I will continue forward testing 065tf..

-RJ1-

Hi,

I've seen this "Bad Hours" message on one of the charts during day time. I think it's some kind of bug. You can try to close the chart, reopen a new one and reattach Firebird.

GMT Time?

I live in North Carolina US EST. What should I set the GMT input in Firebird EA?

thanks,

Wackena

This is my backtest!

Sob.

Bye

Bolla

gbolla:
This is my backtest!

Sob.

Bye

Bolla

gbolla stop spamming around!

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174149/page3

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174149/page3

and my reply to it : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174149/page3 .

Read it SEVERAL times and remember it!

P7

Reason: