Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 348

tobi77
tobi77  
newdigital:
Hi tobi77, This MTF version is on this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177059 (check few first posts of the thread).

thanks i will check them out

fx_trader001
fx_trader001  

parabolic best

Hi, would someone be able to make mtf version of this indicator? I find it better than regular psar.

Files:
Bob Fisher
Bob Fisher  

Multi Time Frame indicators on the same chart.

Hello,

I am looking to code a multitime frame indicator and have two or more different time frames represented on the same chart. Take for example a 5 period EMA and I want to use a M5 chart and plot the M5, M30 and H1 ema's on the same chart. To do this, I know I will call "ima" with the appropriate time periods. Do I then need to offset the higher calls in the output buffer by their respective multiple and then interpolate the points between such that Bar2 of the M30 is placed in index 6 and Bar2 of the H1 is placed in index 12 for their respective buffers. Then what do I use for the interpolation process as the EMA is non linear? I'm hoping NewDigital, Mladen, MrTools or Igor spot this post and can suggest some samples to follow.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Tzuman

remjie
remjie  

Hi all,

hope my work will help you.

Files:
Сергей
Сергей  

Mtf nrp

Whether it is possible to make MTF the indicator which calculate off at the opening price instead of closing prices that not repaint?

Min Li
Min Li  

Ok guys, I'm a coder and really hate to admit there's something I actually don't know. But this is my problem and it's serious.

Have any one EVER been able to code these MTF indicators and successfully used in an EA and able to test it in the back tester? For some reason non of them shows the correct value to me in back testing, the values are all messed up, needless to say they don't display correctly either.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can shed lights on this.

claretblue
claretblue  

Multi ZigZag

I spotted something unusual in the Multi ZigZag indicator today - is there a problem with this or what is the explanation for it.

The H1 (blue) line seems to be moving erratically.

Files:
multizigzag.jpg 143 kb
Min Li
Min Li  

I have to write a MTF indicator of my own to solve the problem. But since all the MTF indicator on the internet are basically written using the same template, I'm still wondering how anyone have been able to either display them in back testing or in an EA? Maybe I'm missing something?

Are all the people using these indicators just do manual trading?

xx3xxx
xx3xxx  

WOAH -- indicators ready to be Downloaded

keris2112:
Hi all,

I've been wanting to have the ability to plot indicators from different timeframes on my chart, but MT doesn't have this capability built in. (Does anyone know of any charting programs that do this natively?) As an example, if you're following the IWCR system, it'd be nice to be able to plot the Daily RSI on your 5 Min. chart.

When I put together the Daily Volitily Breakout indicator, that sorta did what I wanted in that it allowed you to add it to any timeframe (Daily or less) and see where the daily breakout point would be. The problem was that it was limited to only showing the Daily value.

About 2 weeks ago I came across Igorad's Price Channel Stop indicator and it seemed to do what I wanted (with regard to mulitiple timeframes). I started trying to use the Price Channel indicator as a template, adding code from other indicators and tweaking it to work within the new structure, but they never seemed to work. (I'm still not a very good coder.) Then last night I had a "breakthrough": If I can't figure out how to properly add the code from the other indicators, why not just Reference them, with their iName or iCustom? So, that's what I did. And, it works great.

Here are a few things to keep in mind when using these:

1) TimeFrameis the input you use to specify what timeframe to pull the data from.

2) You must set TimeFrame in minutes (1,5,15,30,60,240,1440,10080,43200)

3) By default, TimeFrame is set to 0, which means that it will use whatever the current timeframe is, i.e it will act as the original indicator.

4) If you set TimeFrame to anything other than 0, it must be >= current timeframe. (In other words, don't use a M15 PSar on an H1 chart. The values won't be correct. An H1 PSar on an M15 chart works properly.)

I've setup 5 Multi-TimeFrame (MTF) indicators to use as examples. You can open them up and use the code as a template so that you can make any existing indicator MTF. Please don't post asking for other indicators to be made, as the thread will soon turn into one big 'please do this for every MT4 indicator'. It's really, really simple to do, and if you don't know how to code, spend a week reading Coder Guru's MT4 programming guide and you'll be able to do it.

If I have time, I'll add more. Hopefully others will add their MTF conversions to the thread.

Multi-TimeFrame set 1 contains:

#MTF_MovingAverage.mq4

#MTF_PSar.mq4

#MTF_RSI.mq4

#MTF_MACD.mq4

#MTF_CCI.mq4

The attached chart is the following:

M5 Chart with LimeGreen PSar

M15 PSar

M60 SMA(13)

H4 CCI

M30 MACD

H1 RSI

Well, I hope these come in handy for some of you. Thanks Igor, for your fantastic coding skills. I've learned a lot just by studying your code.

Keris

EDIT:

Added #MTF Set 2.zip on 3/4/06 ---- (Bollinger Bands, Juice, Linear Price Bar, Price, Stochastic)
cozyman
cozyman  

can someone be kind to add the ability to chose pair in this indi please