Strategy Tester Visual Mode

Hey there,

I don't believe my eyes but I cannot seem to find a visual mode in the mt5 strategy tester?  Is my observation correct?

This is a problem for me because now I cannot see what is happening, and I cannot see what is going on, and if the code is doing what it is supposed to do.

Usually I draw horizontal lines at the points where a trade should commence, to see if the areas of interest are indeed what I want them to be, but it looks like in mt5 you cannot do this?

Please tell me I'm wrong 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types - Documentation on MQL5

Hi Saidar,

Using the strategy tester is pretty easy. Presently it does not display while testing as you have in MT4, but once your test is completed, you can view the chart from the Results tab and then you will be able to determine if your code is behaving exaclty as you want.

By the way, you can read the article (Step-By-Step Guide to writing an Expert Advisor in MQL5 for Beginners) It explains how to use the strategy tester to test your code.

Take care. 

Strategy Tester - Visual Mode

1) Anyone have an update on when the Visual Mode function will be available for MQL5?

It's so helpful to see the trades and bars while it's actually happening.

2) Until visual mode is available, is there any way to at least see the indicator and trade values as they happen?

I've added screen Comments to my EA but the Comments don't show up until the test is over and the chart is displayed.

Thanks,

Robert

cosmicbeing:

Strategy Tester - Visual Mode

1) Anyone have an update on when the Visual Mode function will be available for MQL5?

It's so helpful to see the trades and bars while it's actually happening.

2) Until visual mode is available, is there any way to at least see the indicator and trade values as they happen?

I've added screen Comments to my EA but the Comments don't show up until the test is over and the chart is displayed.

Thanks,

Robert

I guess that only using Print() to print all the informations you need to journal..
Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / Print
  • www.mql5.com
Common Functions / Print - Documentation on MQL5

Enigma71fx:
I guess that only using Print() to print all the informations you need to journal..

Thanks Enigma,

I can do that...but it's still after the fact when the trades are already done.

I am hoping to actually see the price line bounce up and down on the current bar in MT5...and see exactly where my trades are being triggered on the bar, as I can do in MT4.

Hopefully with the contest started and now on automatic, they can get back to work adding the Visual Mode for MT5.

Thanks again and take care,

Robert

Reason: