Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 1225

@Jan4654 #: Can I post compiled code only .ex5?

No, it is against the forum rules. Any program discussed needs to be provided in source code form.

Fernando Carreiro #:

No, it is against the forum rules. Any program discussed needs to be provided in source code form.

Okay

Automation is nice its speed things up.

Window 1 mladen mtf indicator
Window 2 mladen single timeframe indicator converted with automtf
Window 3 mladen mtf indicator
Window 4 mladen single timeframe indicator converted with automtf
Window 5 mladen single timeframe indicator
Window 6 mladen single timeframe indicator converted with automtf
Window 7 mladen single timeframe indicator

Window 8 mladen single timeframe indicator converted with automtf

Files:
sscr.png  333 kb

Min Li #

CL_I_02_Market Overview

There are many traders subscribe to the theory of multiple time frame analyse in trading.

This is an interesting indicator I just made. It'a a dashboard to show market trending status on all time frames at a glance based on 7 popular trend analyses methods. You can freely customize what combinations of time frame and method you want to display. Below is a screen shot shows an examples of display.

Post 44 in my thread explain this indicator in detail with an instruction video and file to download.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181176

Enjoy.

Christina

hello could you share this nice tool again in this fourm  thanks in advance  

Not sure if this is the right thread, but since it's about multitimeframe programming I'll give it a try here. The EA I develop is very extensive and also has many graphical elements. The problem that keeps appear is that it can't handle displaying and calculating different things because it hasn't loaded all the data from the different assets yet. How do you solve that before a calculation takes place all data are loaded? How can we be sure that all data is available?
Thank you, Frika

First of all I would like to thank all contributors to this thread "Multi time frame". My question is: How can I plot data from different timeframes in the same time frame [for example, in M2 timeframe plot data from M20 and plot data from M3 from the same indicator]. Any information about this would be very grateful, Teles.

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off-topic MT4/mql4 questions.".

hi guys,
I need fractal indicator mtf for mt5 (mq5) please.

Thanks

Dear Mladen. I always admire people who look at sheet music and hear music. If I have free time, I search the Internet for any information that interests you. Last blog where you discussed the topic of redrawing indicators. Now I’ve come to a blog where the topic of MTF for indicators is discussed. We take information from lower TFs and receive earlier signals. We take information from older TFs and filter out unnecessary signals. This is exactly what happens. And this does not depend on what kind of information it is. It doesn't matter what it is. MA, RSI or MCD... The main thing is that it is accurate and necessary. But that's how it works. I am also interested in this topic. I do it to the best of my ability.

More than 90% of indicators proposed for modification in MTF redraw their values. I think that there is no need to waste your time on such indicators.

I have an idea for another option for defining indicator values ​​at a higher TF level. It is common for creating any MTF indicator. I could be wrong, but I think the idea is promising. I'm interested in your opinion on this matter.

For some reason, I am sure that you know about extrapolation and approximation.

When we build an indicator based on history bars, we only have information about the four candle prices, their opening and closing times, and ticks. It is too little. Some programmers run indicators that predict price movements in the near future. I think they approximate the data on the TF M1 candles and define a function that draws a line in the near future. This solution is not entirely logical. Acceptable forecast accuracy for only one or two candles. Next, the forecast line is greatly redrawn. And this is also natural.

The idea is this:

1. We don't use ticks. For minimal TF we can leave the ticks. But I think this is a bad idea. Since approximating each tick will greatly slow down the indicator.

2. We take data only from closed candles on the minimum TF.

3. We approximate this data depending on the closing, opening, minimum or maximum prices. We obtain a third-order function, which can already give us a forecast for the minimum candle. Although this is not legal, the error for a higher TF will be relatively small. But this forecast will give us an earlier signal. I could be wrong here too.

4. Having data from a candle on the minimum TF, we can also use approximation to determine the values ​​of the desired variable on higher TFs. We do not wait for the candle on the higher TF to close, but take information from the number of the last minimum candles, equal to the period for which we set the indicator. We determine using approximation   according to this data, the “current” value of the indicator on any TF. This data will be updated every minute or 30 seconds on MT5. There will be errors. But they will be incomparably smaller than with your approach.

In addition, we can create our own approximation periods for MTF. For example, every five minimum candles.

I'm not a programmer. I am just learning. This task will give you something to think about. I'm interested in your opinion on this issue.

Best regards, KAE.

Dear Mladen. I always admire people who look at sheet music and hear music. If I have free time, I search the Internet for any information that interests you. Last blog where you discussed the topic of redrawing indicators. Now I’ve come to a blog where the topic of MTF for indicators is discussed. We take information from lower TFs and receive earlier signals. We take information from older TFs and filter out unnecessary signals. This is exactly what happens. And this does not depend on what kind of information it is. It doesn't matter what it is. MA, RSI or MCD... The main thing is that it is accurate and necessary. But that's how it works. I am also interested in this topic. I do it to the best of my ability.

More than 90% of indicators proposed for modification in MTF redraw their values. I think that there is no need to waste your time on such indicators.

I have an idea for another option for defining indicator values ​​at a higher TF level. It is common for creating any MTF indicator. I could be wrong, but I think the idea is promising. I'm interested in your opinion on this matter.

For some reason, I am sure that you know about extrapolation and approximation.

When we build an indicator based on history bars, we only have information about the four candle prices, their opening and closing times, and ticks. It is too little. Some programmers run indicators that predict price movements in the near future. I think they approximate the data on the TF M1 candles and define a function that draws a line in the near future. This solution is not entirely logical. Acceptable forecast accuracy for only one or two candles. Next, the forecast line is greatly redrawn. And this is also natural.

The idea is this:

1. We don't use ticks. For minimal TF we can leave the ticks. But I think this is a bad idea. Since approximating each tick will greatly slow down the indicator.

2. We take data only from closed candles on the minimum TF.

3. We approximate this data depending on the closing, opening, minimum or maximum prices. We obtain a third-order function, which can already give us a forecast for the minimum candle. Although this is not legal, the error for a higher TF will be relatively small. But this forecast will give us an earlier signal. I could be wrong here too.

4. Having data from a candle on the minimum TF, we can also use approximation to determine the values ​​of the desired variable on higher TFs. We do not wait for the candle on the higher TF to close, but take information from the number of the last minimum candles, equal to the period for which we set the indicator. We determine using approximation   according to this data, the “current” value of the indicator on any TF. This data will be updated every minute or 30 seconds on MT5. There will be errors. But they will be incomparably smaller than with your approach.

In addition, we can create our own approximation periods for MTF. For example, every five minimum candles.

I'm not a programmer. I am just learning. This task will give you something to think about. I'm interested in your opinion on this issue.

Best regards, KAE.

Reason: