Live trades comments

Hi, what about if we open a thread where we discuss our live-trades ? It can be nice to hear what other traders think about trades taken, for example, right now i'm short on aud-usd (target: 1.8300), anyone is short too? What do you think?

i think it is good idea

im with you

hi

w4rn1ng:
Hi, what about if we open a thread where we discuss our live-trades ? It can be nice to hear what other traders think about trades taken, for example, right now i'm short on aud-usd (target: 1.8300), anyone is short too? What do you think?

good idea .please mention the reason you're take entry point ...based on indicator using .

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Ok, here i put images that explain why i goed short, as you can see in the images there are all the things that let me think about go short, and as you can see exactly when i sold the price started to go UP!! Not a surprise, many times (most of the times) i put a trande on my live account the price start to go in the wrong direction exactly 5seconds later that i put the order, and this trade is particular riskious because aud-usd is in a strong uptrend from 8 days, risk!!

I was just looking the daily and 4h chart, then i thinked: "well, we are in a strong resistance area, maybe so strong that the uptrend will stop here, and it's a good point to reverse!", after some minutes, the price goed down of 50pips, then returned up and stopped AGAIN in that resistance area, after some minutes a trendline (you can see which one in the images) was broken, so i decided to take this riskious trade, but i hope nobody else taked it, right now the price is 30pips up, trouble!!

Again, another thing, somebody can say (right!): "never go against the trend, looking the chart only a crazy can sell! look the indicators, look the moving average, soo riskious", ok, you are right, but i just noticed that many times (most of the times) that ALL indicators point one direction and many times that there are at least 10 super reason to enter a trade (just read all the e-books you can find, and you will know the reason i'm talking about, just standard trading reasons), well in those situation i take the trade (like the other 95% of traders) and the market stop me out (and stop out the other 95% of the forex traders), so never say "i'm right 100%" or like in this case "i'm wrong at 100%"! I think

Ok, here are the images with the explaination of why i taked this trade, let me know if you want what you think about my thinking, no problem you can give your judge without problems, tnx

Files:
1h.jpg  76 kb
4h.jpg  83 kb
30m.jpg  79 kb
daily.jpg  84 kb
macd30mamp1h.jpg  109 kb

Dear w4rn1ng;

I think you are right in going short ( but too early) , there is a strong resistance on the monthly chart, supported by good US forecasts, the hourly trend is broken, in my opinion you should wait for the price to go till 0.8500 then short.

Good luck in your trades

EHeh, yes, right now i understand my error, maybe it was better to wait some other days to have a confirmation of the down-move, i think my entry is a bad one, anyway i think i will stay in the trade and see what happen, right now i'm -30pips and i am afraid of close it, it is also possible that after i close with -30 the price go down and reach the target (it happen a lot of time), so i just want to wait and see what happen before close in loss, anyway, just a suggestion, if you would have shorted aud-usd, where do you think it's a good place to put a stoploss?

-----

Position closed with +5, and good bye :P

Will look for the next setup

Who of you is shorting gbp-usd?

I'm short from 9725, the buy signal of today has not convinced me to go long, so i've tried to do the opposite, but the buy-signal was a good one

Now, i'm still in game, i continue to think that the price will go down, we are also near a strong weekly support trendline, this week will be a powerful one!

SL: no stop loss

TP: 1.9400 (but i will close before maybe, will see..)

What do you think?

Update: gbp-usd closed with a +1 (lol)

Sold aud-usd at 8394 and closed at 8381 (again lol)

it seems i got some problems with "let the profits run" :P

I've sold gbp-chf at 2.4494, target: 2.4400

Price is at a good resistance level, strong sell pressure, sellers try to start a downtrend, but the price fight against them, maybe the downtrend will be slow and will take 1 full day to reach the target (maybe 2 days), what do you think?

Stoploss: 2.4525

I'm slowly burning my account

Hi all, 5 months later burned my account, i opened another one!

This time i've totally changed my trading strategy, i don't use indicators anymore, the usual stop-loss for every position taken is from 4 to 20pips spread included (risking from 2% to 8% of my capital for every trade).

Unlucky i work most of the day, and i just have only some hours everyday to trade, so it will be a long process :P

Starting balance (5 November 2007) : $ 696.76

Last balance (8 November 2007) : $ 738.91

Right now: + 6,05%

Let's see next week

Reason: