CatFx50 - page 525

forexplayer:
Anyone taken the Short GBP trade triggered at 20.30 GMT(18.30 CET)?

20:30gmt is 22:30cet. Out of our trading time.

Ok, enough for today. Good luck!

Nina

Hi Nina,

I was just making a general quote not directing anything at you.

Hope you got it right.

Regards.

Folks,

Anyone created an EA for this system yet? Or an advanced indicator that would take all these rules floating around that require so much discretion/indiscretion on the part of the trader? Something that can crunch through all the rules, the price and the various variables and alert the trader?

I am going to follow this thread a little longer and when i get comfortable with all the indicators and rules, will get an advanced indicator of some kind programmed. It doesn't need to have to auto trade, but atleast if it can be programmed to alert only when all the rules are met, that would be a lot of help.

If anyone already has something like this programmed, would you care to share with the rest of us?

Regards

thank you for detailed explanation, I will trade relying on nina and stepma_stoch indicators only.

I trade only level 1 signals for now, still haven't mastered others. But there still some unclear things for me with level 4 trading, what low/high do we take ? of all previous bars with a few bars (2+) of consolidation ? or we take previous US session's high and low and trade on their break if stepma is higher then 0.04 (indicating that its breakout and not bounce)? And how do we exit from level 4 position ? Can you please clear it out for me?

With respect,

Fet0r.

nina:
Hi,

If you read the document in post one, you will see that I do not say a word about Stepchoppy.

About those +20/-20 from EMA50. Well, as you've seen today they kept us out of false signals. Another day it could keep us out of good profit.

The nearest of EMA50 we get the validated signal, the better.

But the key for me today was that stop of EURUSD 10 pips shy of last lows.

About level 4: it is well documented in post one. At least we need three bars of consolidations and then we play the break out. On eurusd today, this level 4 was at 1.2576, but look at it, there are more. And there are the last high, which it is a pick, not a consolidation. But with the strength we had, it was clear that it was a trade.

I say always that we need to feel the market. Didn't we see how eurusd was going up? It was going up as a rocket. I know, I know, the rules say "open of new bar". Yes. And? We see a knife going against us and we do not move because the rules say do not move?

News time is a different beast and we should know that.

Nina

forexplayer:
Folks,

Anyone created an EA for this system yet? Or an advanced indicator that would take all these rules floating around that require so much discretion/indiscretion on the part of the trader? Something that can crunch through all the rules, the price and the various variables and alert the trader?

I am going to follow this thread a little longer and when i get comfortable with all the indicators and rules, will get an advanced indicator of some kind programmed. It doesn't need to have to auto trade, but atleast if it can be programmed to alert only when all the rules are met, that would be a lot of help.

If anyone already has something like this programmed, would you care to share with the rest of us?

Regards

sounds great!

hello all ,

i am using (tryng to use) catfx on 30 min ,problem is that i often miss the signals as i am not at my coumputer so i found that cat fx coul be used in 5 min chart for scalping espetialy in stupid days like this week in ranging market.

try it

News time is a different beast and we should know that.

I couldn't agree more.

moneyline

nina:
Hi!

A confidence: I follow catFX50 and I make money. I start making experiments and looking at what others say and I lose money. Today I made a promise to myself:

Nina, you are going to follow CatFX50 today without any incursions to other systems. And I made money.

Nina
nina:
Hi!

Why did not do the same on eurusd and GBPUSD on its way down when we all see how red bar was getting longer?

Well, I sold them, but as what I did it has anything to do with catFX50, I do not want to post it.

Nina

Don't you have confidence in your own system??

Why bother having a system if you don't stick with it?

Patience...........

Please practise what you preach!

I guess you haven't given up your day job yet then...

smokeycat:
Don't you have confidence in your own system??

Why bother having a system if you don't stick with it?

Patience...........

Please practise what you preach!

I guess you haven't given up your day job yet then...

No, I like my job.

What I did fits with CatFX50, but as I did not explain it, I prefer to keep posting only 4 levels of trading.

BTW, we've had a level 4 buy without strength on eurusd (08:00cet) at 1.2620. Made a high at 1.2633 so far.

A level 4 buy on cable (08:30cet) without strength at 1.8470. Made a high at 1.2478 so far.

Had a level 1 sell on USDCHF (09:00cet) at 1.2290. More than 20 pips away from EMA50. Made a low at 1.2287 so far and if someone took it, it has been a lost of 34 pips.

Lets see now what cable's data says. Take care with this market. We are stuck and this is very dangerous.

Nina

Hello,

So far we had then:

euro and gbp level 4, @ 1.2623 and 1.8475, both loosers, Unless you took them for 5-8 pips.

And now a kind of level 3, on gbp, @ 1.8452, already @ 10 pips profit. Not really an expert on level 3 but look like one, what do you think nina?

Regards.

Reason: