Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - page 11

Rex_Loner:

Rule no. 14:

Provider is trading symbol called GOLD, and my broker has the same instrument, but it is called XAUUSD. Can I map symbols with different names by myself? In other words, is it possible to copy GOLD trades to XAUUSD?
No, you are not allowed to specify rules of mapping Provider's and Subscriber's symbols.

The client terminal automatically maps Forex trading symbols like EURUSD*. If Provider has symbol EURUSD! and Subscriber has symbol EURUSD (or vice versa), client terminal automatically detects similarity of such trading instruments and replaces their names when copying trading signals.

I don't know if someone already asked about this, but if so please give the link. Otherwise, I hope someone can help with this matter. 

Symbol GOLD can't be mapped to XAUUSD, or vice versa, right?

I have EURUSD in my client terminal, so I can still receive signal provider which has EURUSD. (with dot), correct?

What about if I don't have one of provider symbol? For example, provider trade 10 symbols and I just have 9 similar symbols? Can I still receive signals and have trade?

No, it's not working.

EDIT : I have seen this problem with a signal, when the provider mades a trade on GOLD, the signal I was trying became disabled. I don't understand why the developpers can't address this as GOLD/XAUUSD is a very common symbol, but I guess they have theirs reasons. I filled a request to ServiceDesk and never got a reply.

angevoyageur:

No, it's not working.

EDIT : I have seen this problem with a signal, when the provider mades a trade on GOLD, the signal I was trying became disabled. I don't understand why the developpers can't address this as GOLD/XAUUSD is a very common symbol, but I guess they have theirs reasons. I filled a request to ServiceDesk and never got a reply.

I'm sorry Angevoyageur, but I don't get it, which of my question is regarding your answer? Is it just for my first question about GOLD XAUUSD, or for all of three questions above?

If it's only for the first, what about the two last remaining questions? Can I still trade EURUSD while provider have EURUSD. (with dot)? (or maybe with m or !)

And the last question, can I still trade whenever I can't meet one (or more) of symbols that provider give?

Rex_Loner:

Symbol GOLD can't be mapped to XAUUSD, or vice versa, right?

Right.

I have EURUSD in my client terminal, so I can still receive signal provider which has EURUSD. (with dot), correct?

Yes.

What about if I don't have one of provider symbol? For example, provider trade 10 symbols and I just have 9 similar symbols? Can I still receive signals and have trade?

No you can't. Once provider open a trade on the symbol you don't have, the signal will be disabled.

angevoyageur:
No you can't. Once provider open a trade on the symbol you don't have, the signal will be disabled.

That's too bad. Provider has US-OIL symbol and I have CL-OIL (Crude Oil Future (USD)) but based on your explanation, this signal can't be delivered to my account, right? It's just like GOLD to XAUUSD example. The fact is provider has 9 symbols of forex with dot and the rest is that oil symbol.

So, let me ask you again to resolute this issue. If I want to use this signal perfectly, I have to open an account in provider's broker? Then I have to meet the balance requirements, etc. and so on. Otherwise, if I stay with my own broker I can't trade at all, correct?

Rex_Loner:

That's too bad. Provider has US-OIL symbol and I have CL-OIL (Crude Oil Future (USD)) but based on your explanation, this signal can't be delivered to my account, right? It's just like GOLD to XAUUSD example. The fact is provider has 9 symbols of forex with dot and the rest is that oil symbol.

So, let me ask you again to resolute this issue. If I want to use this signal perfectly, I have to open an account in provider's broker? Then I have to meet the balance requirements, etc. and so on. Otherwise, if I stay with my own broker I can't trade at all, correct?

As far as I know, yes, using the same broker or a broker who have the same symbols is the solution.

angevoyageur:
As far as I know, yes, using the same broker or a broker who have the same symbols is the solution.
I hope developer fix all major issues as soon as possible people have here...

Signal Service needs improvement. I did some analysis and found following:

- If you deposit USD $ 100 in account and run Signal service and all money is lost, your growth would be -100%

- You add funds to same account and bring it back to LIFE, and you account makes USD $ 1000 profit. Your account will always stay at -100% Growth.

- This needs to be improved in Signal Service. Many EAs are tested on same and EA is improved progressively, so it may happen after loosing all money, with new deposit the profits can be 100 times of total deposit.

- But signal service calculation is too bad on it. It will keep your Signal at -100% no matter you have 100 times profit after a month.

Whoever handles Signal Service can you take care of this ? Calculations should happen on every trade, taking into consideration the profit and loss and deposit and withdrawals.

angevoyageur:

Yes and Signal Service should put this restriction so subscribers are not cheated. A subscriber relies on MQL5 Signal Service and trusts it. It pays 20% of Signal Service to MQL5 so it should be added to Signal Service Subscription process. If the majors and inlcuding Gold, Silver and Oil are not matching in Provider and Subscribers account, do not allow that account to be used for Subscription.

But i doubt MQL5 would add this. I have personally faced an issue with them, for such service and they clearly denied to change account - A Subscriber should be free and allowed to change accounts to whenever he/she wishes. A subscriber pays for Signals. and it should not matter to MQL5 how many times subscriber changes their subscribed account. Like in above case, if they would have allowed this, Rex_Loner could have easily done this and would not regret paying fees for service never used.

We need to make certain changes to Signal Service.

gurmeetb:

Signal Service needs improvement. I did some analysis and found following:

- If you deposit USD $ 100 in account and run Signal service and all money is lost, your growth would be -100%

- You add funds to same account and bring it back to LIFE, and you account makes USD $ 1000 profit. Your account will always stay at -100% Growth.

- This needs to be improved in Signal Service. Many EAs are tested on same and EA is improved progressively, so it may happen after loosing all money, with new deposit the profits can be 100 times of total deposit.

- But signal service calculation is too bad on it. It will keep your Signal at -100% no matter you have 100 times profit after a month.

Whoever handles Signal Service can you take care of this ? Calculations should happen on every trade, taking into consideration the profit and loss and deposit and withdrawals.

I don't agree with you. If your signal isn't mature enough don't publish it, and mainly don't sell it. If your signal was failing and lost a lot, it would be too easy to cheat with growth if what you ask was allowed.

More, if your first attempt with a signal is not good, you can easily create a new one with a new account. Open an account cost nothing.

gurmeetb:

Yes and Signal Service should put this restriction so subscribers are not cheated. A subscriber relies on MQL5 Signal Service and trusts it. It pays 20% of Signal Service to MQL5 so it should be added to Signal Service Subscription process. If the majors and inlcuding Gold, Silver and Oil are not matching in Provider and Subscribers account, do not allow that account to be used for Subscription.

The best solution would be to check symbols and others parameters BEFORE subscription become effective. Technically I don't see any problem with that.
Reason: