Adding funds to an account

Hey,

I have an existing signal with a few subscribers. If I add funds into that account will it distort my trading statistics? will it screw up anything for my subscribers?

thanks

Chris

If there are open orders in your account and you add funds into the account. Maybe it has impact on your subscribers and your trading statistics. Otherwise, it would be fine.

If you have open orders in the account and then deposit money, parts of the orders in the subscriber's account will be closed in order to keep the correct money management ratio between your account and the subscriber's account. For you trading statistics, the drawdown could become smaller.

For example:

1. Your account balance is 1000 USD,  there is an open order which has a -100 USD profit (drawdown), order volume is 0.2 lots. 

2. A subscriber's account has 2000 USD, and he uses 50% of the money to follow your signal, the leverages of the accounts are same. Then he also has an open order with -100 USD profit in his account, order volume is 0.2 lots.

3. You deposit another 1000 USD to your account and you don't make change to your open order. Sooner or later, the subscriber's open order will be closed partially (0.1 lots), maybe with -50 USD loss, depending on when the account sync happens.

4. After sometime, maybe the -100 USD profit order turned into a +100 USD profit order and you close it, and you get a 10% growth by that order. While the subscriber got a +50 USD profit only. If we consider the former closed -50 USD profit 0.1 lots, the subscriber didn't make money by this order.

why cant I subscribe for a signal of $20 when I have $100 in my MQL5 account?

Christopher Ferreira:

Hey,

I have an existing signal with a few subscribers. If I add funds into that account will it distort my trading statistics? will it screw up anything for my subscribers?

thanks

Chris

no

complete_as_normal

but_it_may_decrease_the_lot_size_for_your_subscribers_only

it_will_be_also_liittle_risk 

Reason: