Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - page 2

angevoyageur:
Ok, I don't know, you have to ask to Service Desk, or hope an admin see your question here.
TalonTrader:

Thanks, but I asked my question incorrectly.  I will try again: 

"Will I be notified once I pass the testing period so I will know when I can change the price from Free to $33 (for example)?  Or do I just have to try to charge at about 30 days and see if it works?"

Hi TalonTrader.

I had the same question and i tried to put my signal from free to 20 credits after 30 days, and it worked perfectly.

Although i dont know what will happen to my earlier free subcribers, after i set my signal from free to paid.

Anyone knows what the rules are for that?

Braincooler:

Hi TalonTrader.

I had the same question and i tried to put my signal from free to 20 credits after 30 days, and it worked perfectly.

Although i dont know what will happen to my earlier free subcribers, after i set my signal from free to paid.

Anyone knows what the rules are for that?

Did you read the FAQ ? Answer is there.

Hi again.  If you don't mind, I have a little problem.  When I started my subscription to a signal provider, I entered to "use no more than 50% of deposit," but when the trading ensued it was only using 10% of the orders the signal provider has (of volume that is; so he is using lots sized 0.10 and mine were showing up as 0.01.  I wanted to use 95% anyway, but I had just thought I'd try it out with 50% first to see.  That's weird.  So I closed the orders in place and unchecked "enable real time subscription," closed terminal, reopened terminal, signed on again, rechecked it, then entered 95%.  The orders were placed again with the same amount, 0.01 volume lot sizes!  Can you help me fix this so I can make more than $3.00 per week Lol!  Thanks in advance for your help as always !!

valeagrl1:
Hi again.  If you don't mind, I have a little problem.  When I started my subscription to a signal provider, I entered to "use no more than 50% of deposit," but when the trading ensued it was only using 10% of the orders the signal provider has (of volume that is; so he is using lots sized 0.10 and mine were showing up as 0.01.  I wanted to use 95% anyway, but I had just thought I'd try it out with 50% first to see.  That's weird.  So I closed the orders in place and unchecked "enable real time subscription," closed terminal, reopened terminal, signed on again, rechecked it, then entered 95%.  The orders were placed again with the same amount, 0.01 volume lot sizes!  Can you help me fix this so I can make more than $3.00 per week Lol!  Thanks in advance for your help as always !!
What's the deposit of the provider and yours ? What's the leverage of the provider and yours ?

angevoyageur:
What's the deposit of the provider and yours ? What's the leverage of the provider and yours ?
Hi.  He has more money in his account than I do, but, the last guy I subscribed to had way more money than me, like 10X and was buying lots sized 1.00 and it was fine.  I just checked to use 10% of account and it worked out that the lot sizes traded in my account were 0.10 , perfect.  The only reason I unsubscribed was that he was scalping and I was getting a different price than him almost every time. Anyway, so, it is true he was using the same leverage as me 1:500, and this new guy that I have is only using 1:100, but I didn't realize that made a difference automatically with lot size.  I didn't think the program was overseeing my capital and curtailing the volume accordingly.  I guess I just thought it would cut me off and not allow any more of his trades on my account if the margin was approaching.  Thanks for input.  Kindly, Leah

valeagrl1:
Hi.  He has more money in his account than I do, but, the last guy I subscribed to had way more money than me, like 10X and was buying lots sized 1.00 and it was fine.  I just checked to use 10% of account and it worked out that the lot sizes traded in my account were 0.10 , perfect.  The only reason I unsubscribed was that he was scalping and I was getting a different price than him almost every time. Anyway, so, it is true he was using the same leverage as me 1:500, and this new guy that I have is only using 1:100, but I didn't realize that made a difference automatically with lot size.  I didn't think the program was overseeing my capital and curtailing the volume accordingly.  I guess I just thought it would cut me off and not allow any more of his trades on my account if the margin was approaching.  Thanks for input.  Kindly, Leah
If you want help can you please answers my question :

Forum

Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service

angevoyageur, 2013.05.28 08:22

angevoyageur:
If you want help can you please answers my question :

Provider has $4000., using 1:100, and trading lots sized 0.10.  I have $500., using 1:500, and am perfectly willing to trade lots sized 0.10.  My concern is that I thought that my adjusting my  "use no more than ?% of deposit" option allowed me to control/minimize the volume traded on my account. I didn't realize the system was going to control it for me with someone whose trading such small lots and only earning about $5 . per trade.  Maybe I need to set it up again.  Maybe there was an error, but it seems that no matter what percent I enter, it trades lots sized 0.01 on my account. It did it when I entered to trade 95% of my deposit, and when I entered it to trade 50%.  It doesn't change.  I am just trying to iron out all the wrinkles with a small account but it is necessary for me to understand what's going on.

valeagrl1:
Provider has $4000., using 1:100, and trading lots sized 0.10.  I have $500., using 1:500, and am perfectly willing to trade lots sized 0.10.  My concern is that I thought that my adjusting my  "use no more than ?% of deposit" option allowed me to control/minimize the volume traded on my account. I didn't realize the system was going to control it for me with someone whose trading such small lots and only earning about $5 . per trade.  Maybe I need to set it up again.  Maybe there was an error, but it seems that no matter what percent I enter, it trades lots sized 0.01 on my account. It did it when I entered to trade 95% of my deposit, and when I entered it to trade 50%.  It doesn't change.  I am just trying to iron out all the wrinkles with a small account but it is necessary for me to understand what's going on.
  • Your leverage is larger than that of the provider, so that doesn't intervene on volume calculation.
  • The ratio between your balance and provider one is 1:8 so your volume will be maximum 1:8 of that of the provider.
  • As the maximum you can set for %deposit is 95%, the maximum you can reach is 11.875% of provider's volume. Which is rounded to 10%. So you have 0.01 lot.
  • The only option you have to get greater volume is to invest more capital.
  • Your are here on the discussion about the Signals FAQ, did you read it ? All I explained here came from this FAQ.

angevoyageur:
  • Your leverage is larger than that of the provider, so that doesn't intervene on volume calculation.
  • The ratio between your balance and provider one is 1:8 so your volume will be maximum 1:8 of that of the provider.
  • As the maximum you can set for %deposit is 95%, the maximum you can reach is 11.875% of provider's volume. Which is rounded to 10%. So you have 0.01 lot.
  • The only option you have to get greater volume is to invest more capital.
  • Your are here on the discussion about the Signals FAQ, did you read it ? All I explained here came from this FAQ.
I knew there's a formula for calculating how to control the percent volume when subscribing to signal; I just didn't know it limited my volume.  Now I do.  Just wanted to make sure nothing messed up.  Thanks for clarifying.

My subscription of 1 week ends tomorrow.

There are a few orders open, they are in drawdown.

I want to subscribe for another week to the signal.

How do I avoid that the open positions in drawdown will be closed by the system ?

The signal provider often has floating drawdown on 1 to 3 open orders for a few days,

but he manages them well and most them end up in profit and he closes them in profit. Only seldom he closes

positions in a loss.

If the end of my 1-week subscription will cause the automatic closure of these open orders, all the profits accumulated

on my account would be wiped out (at least most of the profit).

Is there a feature like "automatic continuation " of a subscription ?

Reason: