Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - page 10

good video and graph , its so easy , thanks guys .

kelly:
that's means:

big slippage do not mean it is bad.

we can use our broker  to follow signals, and get greater result than the signals provider 

I wouldn't say big slippage don't mean it's bad. Please don't interpret with any other statement. It depends on your strategy or provider's technical. Let's say, when you have scalping technical would prefer low slippage or no slippage at all. Whenever you trade with trending condition or use signal's trend, slippage is least concern. Consider your trading with normal slippage, though.

In your case, it's good example of your choice about broker. Your account following signals when provider's broker doesn't seems as good as your broker. There's some hypothetical statement about internet connection. Faster connection means you'll receive better streaming. I don't know much about this.

No matter what I do (under Tools/Options/Signals and also in the Trade tab of my MT4 platform) I am unable to change the lot size at all, ever. With one signal I tried it was 0.01 regardless of anything I changed (from 95% to 5%) and on another it was 0.1, so the one was too small for me and the other too large. Can anyone advise me what else I can do to alter these trade sizes? Thanks.

Alistair:
No matter what I do (under Tools/Options/Signals and also in the Trade tab of my MT4 platform) I am unable to change the lot size at all, ever. With one signal I tried it was 0.01 regardless of anything I changed (from 95% to 5%) and on another it was 0.1, so the one was too small for me and the other too large. Can anyone advise me what else I can do to alter these trade sizes? Thanks.
  • You can only modify the deposit % to use between 5% and 95% but,
  • you have to choose your account type correctly and invest the required capital.

There is a lot of info about volume calculation on this site, did you read them ? If it still not clear, you can provide following info : provider's balance and leverage, your balance and leverage.

angevoyageur:
  • You can only modify the deposit % to use between 5% and 95% but,
  • you have to choose your account type correctly and invest the required capital.

There is a lot of info about volume calculation on this site, did you read them ? If it still not clear, you can provide following info : provider's balance and leverage, your balance and leverage.

Thanks, I have read it and understand it, which is why I am sure there is a problem. Can I confirm something first - in order to change lot sizes the only change I need to make in settings is the % of deposit, is that correct?

Secondly, as requested, the signal provider's leverage is 1:100, his or her balance is $6500 (It is The Profit Grabber - I am looking at the last cell on The Profit Grabber's line under the Signals tab)

My leverage is 1:100, my balance started at $1000 and is now $2200 - in a week because of the too-large lot sizes for $1000. I set my % at 95 and then I set it at 5 and the lot size continued regardless at exactly 0.1. So there must be something wrong? I would be really happy to find a solution to this because I can't use $1000 of real money and trade 0.1 lot sizes.

Alistair:

Thanks, I have read it and understand it, which is why I am sure there is a problem. Can I confirm something first - in order to change lot sizes the only change I need to make in settings is the % of deposit, is that correct?

Yes

Secondly, as requested, the signal provider's leverage is 1:100, his or her balance is $6500 (It is The Profit Grabber - I am looking at the last cell on The Profit Grabber's line under the Signals tab)

My leverage is 1:100, my balance started at $1000 and is now $2200 - in a week because of the too-large lot sizes for $1000. I set my % at 95 and then I set it at 5 and the lot size continued regardless at exactly 0.1. So there must be something wrong? I would be really happy to find a solution to this because I can't use $1000 of real money and trade 0.1 lot sizes.

This is probably because the minimum lot for your account is 0.1. Check this info on your broker's site.

With the same leverage, your ratio for volume is 2200/6500 = 33,84% which is rounded to 30% of the provider's volume. Anyway if the settings of your account for the traded symbol is 0.1 you can't get smaller lot.

angevoyageur:
Yes

This is probably because the minimum lot for your account is 0.1. Check this info on your broker's site.

With the same leverage, your ratio for volume is 2200/6500 = 33,84% which is rounded to 30% of the provider's volume. Anyway if the settings of your account for the traded symbol is 0.1 you can't get smaller lot.

That's a good idea - it might be my own platform that is causing this. But it isn't - I have just opened the little window where one places trades and the default Volume setting that I saw there is 0.01. I use MT4 with Axitrader for the very reason that I can trade microlots with them, so I doubt this is the issue. I have asked them to assist but they have not come up with anything yet.

Alistair:
That's a good idea - it might be my own platform that is causing this. But it isn't - I have just opened the little window where one places trades and the default Volume setting that I saw there is 0.01. I use MT4 with Axitrader for the very reason that I can trade microlots with them, so I doubt this is the issue. I have asked them to assist but they have not come up with anything yet.
Ok, then you have to report this to the ServiceDesk.

Rex_Loner:

I wouldn't say big slippage don't mean it's bad. Please don't interpret with any other statement. It depends on your strategy or provider's technical. Let's say, when you have scalping technical would prefer low slippage or no slippage at all. Whenever you trade with trending condition or use signal's trend, slippage is least concern. Consider your trading with normal slippage, though.

In your case, it's good example of your choice about broker. Your account following signals when provider's broker doesn't seems as good as your broker. There's some hypothetical statement about internet connection. Faster connection means you'll receive better streaming. I don't know much about this.

THanks for REx

maybe I should correct my sentence before: "have slippage don't mean it's bad, unless there a negative slippage which represent follower have a  better price than provider"

Rule no. 14:

Provider is trading symbol called GOLD, and my broker has the same instrument, but it is called XAUUSD. Can I map symbols with different names by myself? In other words, is it possible to copy GOLD trades to XAUUSD?
No, you are not allowed to specify rules of mapping Provider's and Subscriber's symbols.

The client terminal automatically maps Forex trading symbols like EURUSD*. If Provider has symbol EURUSD! and Subscriber has symbol EURUSD (or vice versa), client terminal automatically detects similarity of such trading instruments and replaces their names when copying trading signals.

I don't know if someone already asked about this, but if so please give the link. Otherwise, I hope someone can help with this matter. 

Symbol GOLD can't be mapped to XAUUSD, or vice versa, right?

I have EURUSD in my client terminal, so I can still receive signal provider which has EURUSD. (with dot), correct?

What about if I don't have one of provider symbol? For example, provider trade 10 symbols and I just have 9 similar symbols? Can I still receive signals and have trade?

Reason: